9000pt Grand Alliance

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Choombatta
Warrior

9000pt Grand Alliance

Post by Choombatta »

My regular opponent and I are planning our largest battle to date, using the Grand Alliance rules proceeded by a Vanguard Clash battle of 750pt.
The only stipulations are the normal Grand Alliance rules, and the Vanguard force must be made up of the Supreme Commander's army type.

Since the only armies I own are Lizardmen, Warriors of Chaos, Dark Elf, and Ogre Kingdoms, I will be using WoC,DE, and OK.
I have chosen Dark Elf as my Supreme Commander's army.
I will be facing an alliance of VC, Skaven, OnG ( with VC being the Supreme Commander army ).
Both of us will have an army with the Fragile Alliance rule.

Here is what I came up with on the fly, and I am looking for any advice or recommendations:

Vanguard Force: 747pt

Master on Dark Pegasus ( General ) w/Sword of Striking, Armor of Fortune, RxBow, Shield, SDC
(2x) 5 Dark Riders w/RxBow,Shield, Musician
11 Shades w/ Champ, GW, LA
5 Doomfire Warlocks

Grand Alliance Armies:

Dark Elves: 4492pt

Dreadlord on Black Dragon ( General/Supreme Commander ) w/Crown of Command, Talisman of Preservation, Sword of Might, RxBow, HA, Shield, SDC
Supreme Sorceress on Dark Pegasus w/Lvl 4 (Life), Channeling Staff, Cloak of Twilight
Master on Dark Pegasus ( BSB ) w/ Armor of Destiny,RxBow, Lance, Shield, SDC
Kouran Darkhand/23 Black Guard w/ FC, Lichebone Standard
Death Hag on Cauldron/20 Witch Elves w/ FC, Razor Standard ( Hag w/Witchbrew, Sword of Anti-Heroes )
Sorceress/23 Darkshards w/FC, Shield, Banner of Eternal Flame ( Sorceress w/Lvl 2 (Metal), Dispell Scroll, Ironcurse Icon, Obsidian Trinket )
(2x) 5 Dark Riders w/RxBow, Shield, Musician
50 Dreadspears w/FC
(3x) Reaper Bolt Throwers
War Hydra w/Flaming Breath
9 Shades w/GW
10 Shades w/GW
(2x) 5 Doomfire Warlocks

Warriors of Chaos: 2481pt

Daemon Prince of Nurgle ( General ) w/Lvl 2 (Nurgle), Flight, Chaos Armor, Dragonhelm, TOTS, Soul Feeder, Scaled Skin
Exalted Hero of Tzeentch on Daemonic Mount ( BSB ) w/Third Eye of Tzeentch, Talisman of Preservation, Warrior Bane, Shield, Barding
24 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle w/FC, Shield
24 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch w/FC, Shield, Blasted Standard
5 Chaos Warhounds w/Poison Attacks, Scaly Skin
Chimera w/Flaming Breath, Regeneration
4 Skullcrushers of Khorne w/FC, Ens. Weapons, Banner of Rage
Hellcannon

Ogre Kingdom: 2024pt

Bruiser ( General ) w/Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance, Biting Blade, HA
w/Bruiser ( BSB ) w/Armor of Destiny, GW
w/6 Ironguts w/Standard, Musician, Lookout Gnoblar, Standard of Discipline
Firebelly/11 Ogre Bulls w/FC, Ironfist, Lookout Gnoblar ( Firebelly w/Lvl 2, Rock Eye )
(2x) 4 Leadbelchers w/Musician
4 Mournfang Cavalry w/Standard, Musician, HA, Ironfist
Ironblaster

Total: 8997pt