3000 points, need advice for lizardmen

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

maximon
Dark Rider

3000 points, need advice for lizardmen

Post by maximon »

lords: dreadlord, sea dragon cloak, armor of destiny, obsidian blade, shield. general. 251 points.

supreme sorceress lvl 4, talisman of preservation. sac dagger. lore of darkness. 290 points.

heroes: death hag on cauldron. bsb with banner of war. 335 points.

master. heavy armor, lance, sea dragon cloak, shield, mounted on cold one. 98 points.

lvl 2 sorceress. dispel scroll. lore of beasts. 140 points.

core: 10 dark riders. shields, crossbows, musician. 210 points.

15 dark shards. shields. musician. 205 points.

28 witch elves. horde formation (with cauldron). full command. razor banner. 383 points.

15 dreadspears. musician. 145 points (will contain both mages)

special: 9 cold one knights (with master on cold one). full command. 300 points.

24 executioners (with general in unit). full command. banner of eternal flame. 328 points.

war hydra. 160 points.

war hydra. 160 points

so I'm gonna be playing against lizardmen. the idea is that my center is gonna be the witch elves and executioners (they have banner of eternal flame to deal with earth blood should it show up). the 15 spearmen will be I'm thinking behind those two units, but close enough to doombolt stuff and the like, they are a bunker unit for sac dagger. how he sets up will determine where everything else will be, but the cold ones are for opportune charging/counter charging, and the dark riders are for shootin skinks/suarus and counter charging. the dark shards will shoot suarus unless skinks get in my way. the hydra's are there to look scary and make his two main combat blocks take as many leadership tests as possible, making breaking them easier, and possibly have them take on skink agro and possibly kill the skinks in the way.

I know I should take shadow against lizards, but its too passive aggressive in my opinion: the initiave spell is too unreliable on its bigger version to hit where I want it too, and little version will only hit like 9, and kill 7-8, I want something with more reliability. okkam's is fantastic, which in its self makes me want to take the lore, but rather hard to get off but I do have sac dagger... so.., anyway, the withering is nice, same with enfeebling foe, but my goal is to whittle him down before I get to combat, simply because I don't have the masses. the idea is that with lore of dark magic, im basically guaranteed two spells of my choice because of rolling doubles, and taking a signature spell. my goal is to take (or attempt that is) bladewind. his second weakness is weaponskill, so 50% of his unit will get affected by this spell, then from there 50% of that will be wounded, and he will save 16% of that on a 6 up. I'm also hoping for word of pain so I can combo this, and if not, reduce his strength in combat/ combo with the magic vortex should I not get bladewind, or at worst case scenario just make it so he need's 5's to hit me, which is awesome. also the lvl 2 wizard will have beasts, ill take the sig and some other spell simply for strength 4 toughness 4 armor piercing witch elves that are also rerolling all failed to wound rolls.

I know almost exactly how he builds: two units of 50 saurus warriors with spears, horde formation, full command. 4 units of 15 skink cohorts with poisoned attacks. a unit of 3 shooty animal things with skink handlers. an old blood on a carnisuar, slann with lore of life, a lvl 2 skink priest with lore of heavens. a suarus vet as bsb, on foot. about all to know, he brings a dispel scroll, other than that idk what equipment he brings. he usually sets up as the follows: the two unit of saurus warriors are his center, place usually just behind the 1 foot deployment zone. two skink squads on one flank, the other two on the other side. he places is carnisuar usually wherever I place my cold one knights, and he usually places his shooty animal thing with skink handlers to mow down something like the executioners. his slann is almost always on its own, but directly behind the suarus.

any tips for me? also, im considering taking out a hydra for two reaper bolt throwers, and then giving the other hydra the breathe upgrade, and I do want to throw doomfires in, but not sure what to take out
war was made for blood. blood was made for pleasure