2500 Swed Comp Tournament... with a twist!

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Thelordcal
Slave on the Altar

2500 Swed Comp Tournament... with a twist!

Post by Thelordcal »

Twist being that you can field up to 350 points from SoM or Monstrous Arcanum that do not effect your comp score. I've also found that swed really pushes people into combat block armies with limits on shooting, magic and warmachines I think it gives rise to some new choices...

Dreadlord -257 (General) (-17)
-Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Giant Blade, Dawnstone, Other Tricksters Shard

Supreme Sorceress - 320 (Lore of Life) (-40)
-Talisman of Preservation, Fencer's Blades, Scepter of Stability

Sorceress - 165 (Lore of Dark Magic) (-10)
-Lvl 2, Ring of Hotek

Master - 161 (-16)
-Battle Standard, Heavy Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak, Ogre Blade, Enchanted Shield, Iron Curse Icon

9x Dark Riders w. Full Command, Shields, Repeater Cross Bows - 210 (-10)
9x Dark Riders w. Full Command, Shields, Repeater Cross Bows - 210 (-12)
9x Dark Riders w. Full Command, Shields, Repeater Cross Bows - 210 (-14)

26x Black Guard w. Full Command, Razor Standard - 465 (-26)
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70 (-7)
Reaper Bolt Thrower - 70 (-9)

Pagowrym - 285 (-0)
5x Storm of Magic Harpies w. Poison, Magical Attacks - 65 (-0)

Shooting: 43 (-3)
Wounds on Dark Steeds 27 (-2)
2488/2500 (13.4)

I figured I would pay the comp hit to take Lore of Life and create a unit capable of grinding most opponents off the table. The Master and Drealord do the heavy lifting with the black guard capable of hacking through most infantry units. I think the Lvl2 will more than likely take Power of Darkness and Doombolt every game, starting a phase (or ending) with power of darkness while my lvl 4 stands with lots of scary spells is a pleasing proposition. I've also considered metal on her, if only to bring the list to a 14.6 which isn't a bad though either but would likely leave the black guard susceptible to protracted combats and shooting.

Thoughts?