1600pt Doubles

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tigirus
Slave on the Altar

1600pt Doubles

Post by Tigirus »

Hello all, I'm still rather new to the druchii and I was wondering if I could get some advice on my list. The jist of it is that it's for a doubles tournament where you get 1600pts, 50% heroes, no lords. Also my partner will be playing nurgle warriors of chaos if that matters. Likely opponents will be dwarfs, skaven and warriors.

---------------------
Heroes

Master (General) 139pts
Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cold One
Sword of Might, Dawnstone

Sorceress (Dark Magic) 150pts
Level 2, Dark Steed
Tome of Furion (will most likely pick word, horror for facing elves/skaven)

Core

14 Darkshards 198pts
Musician, Banner, Eternal Flame

30 Dreadspears 300pts
F/C

Special

9 Cold One Knights 3005pts
F/C, Gleaming Pennant (Stupidity insurance)

8 Shades 144pts
Great Weapons

2 Bolt Throwers

Rare

5 Doomfire Warlocks

------------------

Please feel free to give me any c&c, I have a good number of models if you guys think something need to be swapped, no monsters or black guard though.
Red...
Generalissimo

Re: 1600pt Doubles

Post by Red... »

Your partner is likely to have a lot of heavy infantry, which will either smash through the enemy or hold the line nicely. Accordingly, I don't think you really need the dreadspears - I'd switch them for dark riders, which will be more manoeuverable and more useful versus dwarfs (for warmachine killing) and warriors (dark elf warriors aren't going to go toe-to-toe with any warriors heavy infantry unit really). I'm also a little unsure of the RxBs for the same reason (hitting on 5s, wounding on 5s, versus a 4+ armor save is not a lot of damage done against dwarfs and warriors, and you aren't going to win any missile fights against the former). Either consider dark riders again, or make sure that they have a definite purpose (e.g. killing enemy fast cavalry). Just my two cents.

Also, you really need a BSB. Put one in.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman