the raiding host of khelthrai khial- 1200 points

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

aragorn7
Slave on the Altar

the raiding host of khelthrai khial- 1200 points

Post by aragorn7 »

hey,
i just got the models so i organized a game with my friend that plays tomb kings.we will use the rules of 8th edition . i also marked my questions. so the list is as that:

heroes
khelthrai khial- master of naggarond
general
full mudane
enchanted shield
opal amulet
khelnach kar- "bloody piercer of despair" (sword of anti-heroes)

he will join the corsairs to add more kills and leadership value, and help against flank charges. i also wanted a magic sword for the name :D . i was adviced to take instead of that magic magic items dawnstone, enchanted shield and sword of might, to add more durability to the general. so should i switch the build to
dawn stone and sword of might?

laitha veinen- sorceress of hag graef
lore of shadow
level 2 upgrade
dispel scroll

her role is to join a unit of darkshards and use miasma to mess up with the enemy's movement or if i will get lucky, the withering will be great. also the big spells are very good but with a lelvel 2 it might be a problem to cast.i have also considered death as her lore but i was adviced not to because the short ranges of the spells will risk my sorceress or darkshards, and i dont want that, but the charcter sniping sounds very good against tomb kings.so does the short range will make lore of death unusefull in my army or i can use it to good results?

core
corsairs
17 elfs-at-arrms
double hand weapons
full command
banner of disciple

their role is to be a basic combat block, moving fourth and drawing atention from my flanking units. with the master they are going to form a 3x6 unit, but im not sure if 17 is enough for a combat block and if 6 in a rank is enough in an offensive unit. so does 17 models are enough for a combat block? is 3x6 is enough for an offensive unit?

darkshards
10 elfs
shields
musician

darkshards
10 elfs
shields
musician

their role is basically to whittle down ranks of enemy units and protect my flanks with shooting and if needed, in combat. one of them will have the sorceress in it, so it will be more of a wound bunker.

dark riders
5 riders
shields
crossbows
musician

they will cover the shooting where my darkshards will not see the enemy, redirect charges and maybe flank charge when a good target shows itself. their role is versitle, so advice is welcomed.

special
the conclave of hagarond- the dark tower (cold one knights)
5 knights
shields
standard
musician
gleaming pennant

their role is to thunder across the battlefield, flank and (I hope) brake enemy units. i love the models and i wanted it to be bigger unit but I dont have the models... the gleaming pennant is to ensure bad dice are not going to ruin my plan.

rare
doomfire warlocks
5....things, nothing more

their role is to run across, cast spells, and flank when there is a chance. nothing special.

mainly my stragety is to move with the corsiars at the center, at each flank place the darkshards (or at one flank if he uses the refused flank) with one of them with the sorceress, and the rest in the two flanks. question thou, is 2 at one flank and 1 on another is enough?
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: the raiding host of khelthrai khial- 1200 points

Post by T.D. »

Flexible and good numbers. Looks not bad for a small points game :)

As to your question -- it depends; 2 x 10 Rxb are only good for chaff sweeping. Best to use your cavalry on the flanks, one of the Rxb to hang back as a Sorc bunker, and the other more aggressively to support you advance.

...but it really depends on what your opponents list and deployment is.

Once you go to higher point games, RBT is where the Dark Elf firebase is at.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
aragorn7
Slave on the Altar

Post by aragorn7 »

Thank you for the fast comment!
My friend will use horse archers and chariots along with two group of skeletons, one is archers. I assumed he will deploy the horses and chariots at each flank so i thought i will place the RXB at each side. How those it sound?
aragorn7
Slave on the Altar

Post by aragorn7 »

I will post all my questions if they were unclear:
Sorceress- shadow or death?

Master- what magic items: dawnstone enchanted shield and sword of might or opal amulet, sword of anti heroes and enchanted shield?

Corsiars- are 17 models enough?