2400 Tournament List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Geriche
Slave (off the Altar)

2400 Tournament List

Post by Geriche »

Hi All,

I'm going to my first tournament in March, the current comp pack for Dark Elves is:

• Max of 9 Doom Fire Warlocks per army

• Max of 3 Dreadlords/Masters mounted on Dark Pegasus/Dark Steed

• Max of 2 RBT's

I have built the current list for the tournament and it comes in at 2,396 points.

Lords – 600 Points

Supreme Sorceress – Lvl 4 (290 Points)
Tailsman of Preservation, Dispel Scroll
Dark Steed

Hellebron (310 Points)

Heroes - 488 Points

Master (213 Points)
BSB
Cloak of Twilight, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Lance, Heavy Armour
Dark Pegasus

Death Hag (275 Points)
Cauldron of Blood

Core – 603 Points

Dark Riders x 5 (110 Points)
Shield, Repeater Crossbows
Musician

Dark Riders x 5 (110 Points)
Shield, Repeater Crossbows
Musician

Witch Elves x 28 (383 Points)
Full Command
Razor Standard

Special – 320 Points

Repeater Bolt Thrower (70 Points)

Repeater Bolt Thrower (70 Points)

Hydra (180 Points)
Fiery Breath

Rare – 385 Points

Doomfire Warlocks x9 (225 Points)

Kharibdyss (160 Points)

The Sorceress will go with the Doomfire Warlocks and Hellebron will go on foot with the witches.

I have taken the two beasties to hopefully act as fire magnets so my Cauldron can survive till it gets to battle.

I'm not certain on my list however and as it's my first tournament I'm slightly worried I'll get trounced so any feedback you guys could give me would be highly appreciated.
Last edited by Geriche on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cihan
Corsair

Re: 2400 Tournament List

Post by Cihan »

Can you actually take the Talisman and the Amulet on your SS? I dont have my book here, but I would think they are the same class of magical items – which is illegal then.

I would drop the Sword of Might on the Hag.
She loses one attack (because no longer two hand weapons) and will be dead before seeing combat in a lot of cases anyway. Keep her cheap – dont waste points for magic items.

Make your Pegasus the BSB.
For the same reasons as the Sword of Might, give the BSB to your Pegasus. It will give him staying and breaking power. He is more durable. He is more mobile. Having your BSB alife and where you need him to be is a huge deal. Dont waste it on some douchwitch who is gonna die anyway.

Maybe drop the KBeast for more RBTs.
This really is a matter of taste. I like having decent shooting capabilities, so I would chose RBTs over a KBeast anytime. Since you already have a lot of things canons and stone throwers can shoot at, you can easily play your KBeast though.
Last edited by Cihan on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geriche
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Geriche »

Very good point about the two Talismans my mistake I think I was so focused on getting Magic Resistance on the unit I looked over that.

Would it be worth swapping the ward and amulet for the Ring of Hotek?
Cihan
Corsair

Post by Cihan »

Geriche wrote:Very good point about the two Talismans my mistake I think I was so focused on getting Magic Resistance on the unit I looked over that.

Would it be worth swapping the ward and amulet for the Ring of Hotek?

Some things to consider: Will your SS see close combat? Then you need your regular 4++, even against weak targets. Your Warlocks got their 4++ already, I dont see why you would have to make them better against magic. That being said, the effect of the RoH can be gamechanging. So it comes down to whether you want that specific effect against your enemy or not. I wouldnt take it purely for the MR.
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

Looks like the RBT's and the DR are there to clear chaff while those witches get stuck in. But do you really need the CoB. You've got hellebron, making much of those points redundant.

I'd take some CoK as a secondary hammer to help you crack those units with alot of armor.

What lore will you use on the SS?
Geriche
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Geriche »

For the Cauldron of blood I was just hoping it'd increase the survivability of the witches by giving them the ward save and be able to take down more enemies with the rerolls to wound.

How many CoK's would you advise taking?

For the lore I usually use life in other Dark Elf lists however with the two monsters in the list I'm not sure I'll use life I was leaning towards Shadow or Death. Is there any specific lore you'd advise?
marcopollo
Assassin

Post by marcopollo »

Life is good but the range is short. Shadow is great, that is what I would choose, but death is good if you keep the CoB. Doom and darkness helps with those terror, war cry rolls. Beast is good too if you take the CoK and put the sorceress in the unit.

The CoB that you have comes in at 290pts, that's 8 CoK with some upgrades like the banner of swiftness.

The CoB is cool, and a really awesome model. I love the fluff for it, but Hellebron and the CoB hag in a unit of witches is overkill. You may not get the match-up you want with a deathstar like this. It would be fed chaff all day to keep it from doing any major damage.

With a unit of CoK you get a secondary heavy hammer that can really go to town. Ideally, I'd use 10 model with FC and a banner (even gleaming pennant so that they can work out on the flanks a little more).
Mtorma
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Mtorma »

Without cauldron hellebron is as easily killed as three goblins. Also against though opponents like big dwarf or chaos warrior or trolls, witches really need the reroll for wounding to reduce hits coming back. Especially if hellebron is to survive. In my last game i overrun into block of nightgoblins (57). And even i killed around 30 hellebron still died... yes it was a lucky hitting...

as trolls were mentioned, i would rather have spitfire for hydra to remove regen before bolters engage.