3k between friends round-robin list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

toots
Beastmaster

3k between friends round-robin list

Post by toots »

Hi there,

Playing a 3k league against my friends, the competition being: Daemons, WoC, Lizardmen and Vampries and Wood Elves.

It lacks guile, but then so do my opponents - a-ha! Cold One BSB hero in the Cold Ones, Pegasus man flying around (didn't bother with the CoT - decided I needed something potentially v. high strength - 9 or 7 depending when potion is drunk), and last but not least my master plan of putting the sorceress in the Black Guard. We've discussed that one elsewhere so we don't have to go over it again but trust me - it's a totally baller idea and cannot possibly fail. The corsairs shall advance ahead of probably the black guard and be missile screens, as shall the dark riders when playing wood elves.

haw haw haw! such fun i will have. did any of you notice the cheeky little black amulet the sorc is wearing?! (cool to have her wear the OTS as well?) i'll be soul stealing a lot i hope. spells i want are: PoD, WoP, soul stealer and black horror.

Check this out:

Lords (320pts)
Supreme Sorceress (320pts)
Lore of Dark Magic, Wizard Level 4 (35pts)
Dispel Scroll (25pts)
Other Trickster's Shard (15pts)
DE - The Black Amulet (60pts)

Heroes (614pts)
Death Hag (275pts)
Cauldron of Blood (190pts)

The Red Baron on Exocet - Master (168pts)
Dark Pegasus (50pts), Hand Weapon, Heavy Armor (4pts), Lance (6pts), Light Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak (6pts), Shield (2pts)
Potion of Strength (20pts)
Charmed Shield (5pts)
Luckstone (5pts)

The Scarlet Pimpernel - Master (171pts)
Battle Standard Bearer (25pts), Cold One (12pts), Hand Weapon, Lance (6pts), Light Armor, Sea Dragon Cloak (6pts), Shield (2pts)
Glittering Scales (25pts)
Dawnstone (25pts)

Core (756pts)
Dark Riders (110pts)
Light Armor, Musician (10pts), Spear
5x Repeater Crossbows (15pts), 5x Shield (5pts)

Dark Riders (110pts)
Light Armor, Musician (10pts), Spear
5x Repeater Crossbows (15pts), 5x Shield (5pts)

Slaves - Blackark Corsairs (131pts)
Hand Weapon, Light Armor, Musician (10pts), Sea Dragon Cloak
11x Blackark Corsairs (121pts)
11x Repeater handbows (22pts)

(Combine) Harvester of Sorrow - Witch Elves (405pts)
Hag (10pts), Musician (10pts), Two Hand Weapons, 30x Witch Elves (330pts)
Standard Bearer (55pts)
Razor Standard (45pts)

Special (1181pts)
King Crimson's Retinue - Black Guard of Naggarond (360pts)
21x Black Guard of Naggarond (315pts), Halberd (+1 Str), Heavy Armor, Musician (10pts), Tower Master (10pts)
Standard bearer (25pts)
Lichbone Pennant (15pts)

Reaper Bolt Thrower (70pts)
Reaper Bolt Thrower (70pts)

The Pimpernel's Retinue - Cold One Knights (370pts)
11x Cold One Knights (330pts), Dread Knight (10pts), Hand Weapon, Heavy Armor, Lance, Musician (10pts), Shield
Standard bearer (20pts)
Banner of Eternal Flame (10pts)

The Red Baron's Retinue - Executioners of Har Ganeth (311pts)
Draich Master (10pts), 23x Executioners of Har Ganeth (276pts), Great Weapon, Heavy Armor, Musician (10pts)
Standard bearer (15pts)
Gleaming Pennant (5pts)

Rare (125pts)
5x Doomfire Warlocks (125pts)
toots
Beastmaster

Re: 3k between friends round-robin list

Post by toots »

hang on - i just remembered that the WoC list will have some nasty flying stuff and so may well need to field another bolt thrower! to the batmobile!
toots
Beastmaster

Re: 3k between friends round-robin list

Post by toots »

I've made a huuuge mistake! This is it. It's been submitted so I can't change it unfortunately, so no suggestions on improving it please! The Black Guard were left in by accident really after I switched to Light magic. And what the hell is that death hag doing in there? she's so dead it's not even funny. she'll give the executioners frenzy for approx. one round. the corsairs are nought but a missile screen. the lord with featherfoe torc is to tie up big nasty flying stuff for a few rounds, but will require the WS10 or -1 to hit buff from light magic to survive more than a few rounds :(

any advice? hag in the execs, go wide and try to keep her out of combat! wtf will i do with the black guard? no idea. light magic is awfully good for dark elves given their high WS and quality/strength of attacks. anyway, please advise!!

LORDS 581
Drusula – Supreme Sorceress, Dispel Scroll, Obsidian Loadstone,
Lvl 4 Light 291

The (Recently Promoted) Red Baron – Dread Lord, Featherfoe Torc, Glittering Scales, Talisman of
Endurance, Dark Pegasus. Light Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Hand Weapon, Shield

HEROES 246

Hekurti – Death Hag, Witch Brew 115

The Scarlet Pimpernel – Master, BSB, Cold One, Lance, Shield, Light Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak,
Charmed Shield, luck Stone 131

CORE 751

Chargers – 5 Dark Riders, Musician, Standard, Shields 105
The Combine Harvester of Sorrow – 30 Witch Elves, Full Command 405
Shooters – 5 Dark Riders, Musician, Repeater Xbowx, Shields 110
Slaves – 11 Blackark Corsairs, Repeater Handbows 131

SPECIAL 1297

King Crimson's Retinue – 21 Black Guard of Naggarond, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant350
The Baron's Retinue – 21 Executoners of Har Ganeth, Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flam292
The Pimpernel's Retinue – 11 Cold One Knights, Full Command, Banner of Swiftness375
4 Reaper Bolt Throwers 280

RARE 195

Doomfire Warlocks - 125