1500 casual tourney list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Blickwither
Slave (off the Altar)

1500 casual tourney list

Post by Blickwither »

Looking for some feedback on this list... also looking for input to up it to 2k.

Sorceress Lvl2, Dark Lore
Tome Furion, Scroll of Shielding

Darkshards x10, w/shields and musician

Dark Riders x5 w/ HXB and shields

Dark Riders x5 w/ HXB and shields

25 Executioners w/ Full Command

Hydra w/ Flame Breath

Hydra w/ Flame Breath

Doomfire Warlocks x5

Doomfire Warlocks x5

I still have 42pts spare on account of miscalculating the Doomfire Warlocks so had to drop the assassin w/ EHW. Not sure what to do with that.

Also not totally sold on the sorceress' kit out, but satisfied that its just a level 2. Between the 2 hydras and the doombolts and soulblights being thrown around by the warlocks, the lvl2 sorceress will have plenty of damage support. I did have an assassin to hide in the Executioners but as I said, miscalculated the Warlocks.

At 2k I'd love to get him back in and give him the Chillblade (so his S4 isn't an issue).

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Being an undead player originally, I have some uneasiness at the lack of massed infantry ranks (to the extent I spent today making 30 Dreadpsears! Still got 30 Corsairs to make... and thats not including the 10 I'm going to convert into Shades....).
Venomblades
Shade

Re: 1500 casual tourney list

Post by Venomblades »

Nice strong list. Love the Hydra's in support of your Executioners.

My main point is slap a Musician on both of your dark riders, +1 to rally has come in handy more times than i can remember. Then spend the rest on bulking your executioners, u might get two from left over points i think?

Other than that mate i think it's a strong list. Just be cautios about your Hydra's, cannon magnets. Do you know which armies your facing?
Blickwither
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Blickwither »

I know two of the armies, savage orc (main tactic styled around two hordes, a giant, a chariot and some boarboys) and Empire. I know he has a steamtank and i think he has some griffon knights but don't know much else about that one. Others Im not sure of.

What would be the step up to 2k? Will need another 140pts of core, am thinking 15 corsairs if not a seconddarkshards unit. If i could fit a master on dragon in that would be lulzy
Venomblades
Shade

Post by Venomblades »

A step up to 2K Personally for me would drop the darkshards, replace for witches and a death hag+CoB. Take a hydra away also. But, thats just me. Then again, i build infantry biased lists, so maybe i'm the wrong person to ask. With a CoB + Witches and your Exe's thats 2 hammers that are crazy good.

Or........ Get some Peg characters in. Either 2 pegmasters in with excess points to spend on the rest of your army or 1 Pegmaster and a Peglord. I never go anywhere without my peggies. They are just so valuable and the mobility is amazing. Really put's pressure on your opponent.
Blickwither
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Blickwither »

CoB Im not too fussed on although maybe eventually might make a suitably lovecraftian alter. A small flanking unit of wyches sounds nice and would look great with the paint scheme i have in mind and fluffwise work as brides.of cthulhu. Because.of the cthulhu theme i really want to keep those two hydras (as khaybdi). A second sorceress in a horde of dreadspears on life appeals to me as well.
Shadoer
Dark Rider

Post by Shadoer »

You might want to take the flaming banner on your Dark Shards so you have something to take off regeneration if you need it.

One thing you could try at this point level is to even divide your executioners into 2 blocks of 12 and run the 6 by 2. Basically you already have an MSU list with little in the way of magic protection, you could go all the way with two blocks and not risk all of your executioners getting destroyed by a good round of shooting and magic.
There is no such thing of defeat, just the postponement of victory.
Blickwither
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Blickwither »

I like the feel of a big solid block of infantry... although I might try and fit two smaller units of wyches in... I've been perusing the various threads discussing the pros and cons of Dark Magic, and am wondering about Shadow... At 2k a second Sorceress on Life would be my next idea...

There's just SO many choices with the DEs... With Vampire Counts there were maybe 2-4 possible ways of running a viably competitive army but with Delves its pretty much anything goes. I've even been looking again at the Black Guard... sigh... And I have a unit of CoKs and a CO chariot as well that could see good use... I have the mounted sorceress from the Dragon box as well to put on either some cold ones or dark steeds.
Venomblades
Shade

Post by Venomblades »

You can never go wrong with black guard. I tend to only field them in 2400 lists as points allow, but BG in my opinion are the best unit we have. They never let you down and are a multi-role unit. Solid anvil for your COK's to smash into, or simply use them as offensive as possible. Complimented with witches Then You have a very Nasty army.

Shadoer raised a very valid point. Flaming banner on Darkshards is a must. Especially if your going against any army to do with chaos.

Also, you can never go wrong with shadow. It's a common default lore for DE as it compliments any unit or builds we take. Most games I use shadow, unless I go against our own cousins then I switch to dark or fire. Life could be good, but I only use life at 2400 when I take mass infantry.