2400 Semi defensive

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Venomblades
Shade

2400 Semi defensive

Post by Venomblades »

Hey guys, wrote a list last night gathering what i love to take and also what i think could work to my playstyle.
I favour infantry and tying things down in combat.

So here it is:

LORDS

SS lvl 4 (In with warlocks)
+Scroll
+Ring of Hotek
+Steed

HEROES

Master BSB
+Full mundane
+Enchanted Shield
+Dawnstone
+Shrieking Blade

Master (In with corsairs)
+full mundane
+CoT
+Pegasus
+Lance

CORE

31 Black Ark Corsairs
+FC
+Eternal Flame banner

5 Dark Riders
+Musician
+Shields
+RxB's

5 Dark Riders
+Musician
+Shields
+RxB's

SPECIAL

21 Black Guard
+FC
+Razor Banner

13 Cold One Knights
+FC
+Gleaming Pennant

Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower

Bolt Thrower

RARE

5 Doomfire Warlocks

Ok, my strategy is to use Corsairs and BG to tie down combat, treating both units as anvils, although Corsairs are less reliable for that. CoK's are my hammer force to hit on the flanks and turn combat in my favour.

My fast cav units and Bolt throwers work in unison on taking down chaff and small units first before swinging back to help in my centre.

Now, i understand Witches are amazing, but without a CoB they are naked and die to a stiff breeze. I Dont want to field a CoB as ive used the points elsewhere and i get to field my Black Guard (All time favourite unit).

Master BSB has the shrieking blade to get that lucky WS drop on enemy unit (In a perfect world haha).

Pegmaster to also solo monsters etc etc.

Sorceress with shadow to Mind razor Corsairs if possible.

So, hows it looking from your end? Do i have a sound strategy or do you think i will fall flat on my backside? BG is a stay for myself, dont want to field a list without them. I love them oh so so so so much!!!

Cheers fellow Druchii!
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Re: 2400 Semi defensive

Post by Mikael.k »

Looks like a pretty sweet list I´d say, even though 13 CoK´s is one the bigger side. You could drop, say 3, and make that BG unit a little bit bigger. Additional hand weapons are good on corsairs if you intend on using shadow, handbows otherwise. I really like the balance in this list, should be able to take on most things!
Venomblades
Shade

Post by Venomblades »

Thanks mikael.k!

Yeah, my aim was to use shadow with this list as my Core CC unit is weak. A simple mindrazor could change that hahahah!

I have never used RhB corsairs before, when are they most effective?

I exactly though 21 BG weren't enough, but with either BG or CoK's my opponent whoever that may be will focus one or the other. I suppose i could test 1 game with 13 knights then switch over if my BG get focused more. I have changed out 3 knights out for more BG. That gives me 27 BG and 10 CoK',s 2 lethal units :D :D

Glad you liked it, i know your a massive fan of corsairs also, which i am also. Tired of naked witches dying when spat on.

What other lore's could work with this list? Was thinking Life?
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Post by Mikael.k »

The ability to deploy wide gives you a LOT of shots, and you can always stand and shoot. You can also walk up and shoot without penalties, offsets some of the short range of handbows.

Metal, beast and life would all be good lores for this list :) Shadow is still probably the strongest, if not counting death.
Venomblades
Shade

Post by Venomblades »

The way i see this list is relying a lot on my corsairs holding position in CC. Has got me thinking, would i benefit more from a foot wizard here? Purely speaking if i went, say....lore of beasts? Shadow will be my first choice ofcourse, but i'm always fearful when my wizard is out with the locks. I would feel more secure with her bunkered in somewhere. That way i could throw my Locks into more CC when needed.

how do you run your sorceress or Sorceress' (If you have more than one)?

Thanks.
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Post by Mikael.k »

Usually in a small bunker unit behind the main line or in a unit of DR/locks :)