Tournament 2400 Army list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cicciuz
Warrior

Tournament 2400 Army list

Post by Cicciuz »

hi all, i am about to do my first tournament in June and i need some suggestion. It will be a 2400 point no end of time rules.
I was thinking to put Morathi in as I want to dominate the magic phase but i am afraid that they will kill her in no time. The alternative is to put a lv4 SS in a Bunker of corsairs and protect her with an assassin. the list as I thought it is like this:

Lord Choices
==============

Morathi
Lvl 4

Total = 375pts

Hero Choices
==============

Death Hag (with the Executioners)
- Witchbrew
- Ogre blade

Total = 155pts

Hero on a Dark Pegasus
-Dark Pegasus
- Full Armor (SDC, Heavy Armor, Shield)
- Lance
- Cloak of Twilight

Total = 193pts

Core
==============

5 Dark Riders with Shields, Rxb
- Champion

Total = 110pts

5 Dark Riders with Shields, Rxb
- Champion

Total = 110pts

10 DarkShard with light armour
- Champion

Total = 130pts

10 Dark Shard with La
- Champion

Total = 130pts

16 Corsair with handbow

Total = 176pts

Special
==============

5 Cold One Knights
champion

Total = 160pts

22 Executioners
Champion
standard

Total = 284pts

10 Shades with GW
- Champion

Total = 190pts

1 Cold one Chariot 115pts
2 repear bolt thrower 140pts

Rare
============

5 Doomfire Warlocks
Champion

Total = 135

Grand Total = 2393

My main doubt is on Morathi or a SS. Moreover i would like to replace a Dark raider unit for another Cold one unit (the immune to psicology is so useful!). The other thing is that I am struggling on the Core side: I need to keep these corsairs in even without the SS.. I would use them as human shields for my executioners :)
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Re: Tournament 2400 Army list

Post by Mikael.k »

Shouldnt that master be 188pts?

DR really have their merits. ITP is great for not needing to take fear, terror and panic checks, but not beeing able to flee is a major drawback. This is where dark riders excell. I´d also give them musicans instead of champions to make them easier to rally

Personally I´d like to see that executioner unit a little bit bigger. Maybe trade some shades for more execs?
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Mikael.k wrote:Shouldnt that master be 188pts?

DR really have their merits. ITP is great for not needing to take fear, terror and panic checks, but not beeing able to flee is a major drawback. This is where dark riders excell. I´d also give them musicans instead of champions to make them easier to rally

Personally I´d like to see that executioner unit a little bit bigger. Maybe trade some shades for more execs?

Master is definitely 188 pts.

Do you have any other core units available to use, or are you maxing out your model collection to fill?
Cicciuz
Warrior

Post by Cicciuz »

I only have other 15 corsair on the core.

i didn't get why you think that be immune to psicology is bad? it is really annoying when you lose a unit only because is going out of the table...

what do you think about Morathi? is it survivable? better a SS with dagger in the corsairs? better another landlord/hero on pegasus?
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

ItP can be a boon and a downfall. The ability to flee can allow you to choose your match ups instead of being stuck in a fight you cannot win.

Morathi as a mobile death sorceress is a great set up, although for around the same points you can tailor your own peg / steed witch.
Personally I like my sorceresses mobile to get into positions to best utilise magic. Others have used the dagger, but generally in a unit of spears or swords.

2 peg masters and a steed lv 4 sorceress is my preferred set up currently in non End times rules.

Think about splitting your shades into two units also. Helps to secure vanguard positions for the warlocks and riders and give multiple threats to enemy war machines.

Also any reason not to have a BSB?
Cicciuz
Warrior

Post by Cicciuz »

sorry for the question but what is the BSB?

so in that case would you put the Sorceress in the DR in the Warlock or alone?

I might think about it, I love so much the masters on peg :)
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Cicciuz wrote:sorry for the question but what is the BSB?

so in that case would you put the Sorceress in the DR in the Warlock or alone?

I might think about it, I love so much the masters on peg :)

BSB = Battle Standard Bearer.

Sorceress in Warlock works well although does tie all your magic to one unit. Possibly worth running in a unit of DR's with a champion to take a challenge if necessary, although if you find her in combat unexpectedly something has normally gone very wrong.
Cicciuz
Warrior

Post by Cicciuz »

yeah that's true... So probably one of my peg master will be the BSB although it is likely to be on the frontline.

I am a bit reluctant on the idea of moving wizard, she might get easily killed.. why you think she s superior?
with all this characters on the board, if not boarding morathi, I was thinking to make the corsairs bigger and put in a ss4 life wizard with dagger in them.
by the time they charge the unit I ll shot half of them down and will still SF.
At the end of the day in a tournament you can meet a lot of different opponent and you might need to play a defensive game.. she will allow it!

what do you think?