500 Uraithen Starter List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Harbanatim
Slave (off the Altar)

500 Uraithen Starter List

Post by Harbanatim »

Here's the start of my crossbow heavy army. The one thing I'm unsure about is the Ogre Blade on the Master, but I figured if the Darkshards got into h-t-h that would be a nice back-up for the melee. Then again, dropping the Ogre Blade would get me three more Darkshards and that second rank bonus for combat resolution, or not, depending on the martial prowess of the enemy.

496 Points

Master
-repeater crossbow, heavy armor, sea dragon cloak, shield, ogre sword.

Darkshards (13)
-command, shields.

Dark Riders (5)
-repeater crossbows, shields.

Reaper Bolt Thrower
Venomblades
Shade

Re: 500 Uraithen Starter List

Post by Venomblades »

In my experience, you either take at least 2 bolt throwers or its none. I'd recommend dropping the bolt thrower and 2 darkshards and getting 5 shades + AHW. More shots and you can deploy closer with them.
Harbanatim
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Harbanatim »

That's trading 6 48" S4 -2 armor and 4 24" S3 -1 armor shots for 10 24" S3 -1 armor shots. Same amount of shots, and trading down in terms of power. I'm not dismissing the idea out of hand though, I understand, and enjoy, the battlefield potential of a Shade unit.
Venomblades
Shade

Post by Venomblades »

at this lvl i would take shades, thats just me. multi-purpose unit, love them too much. but i understand your bolt thrower in there, i use 3-4 myself and they win me games :D