T.E.R.R.O.R 2400

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

T.E.R.R.O.R 2400

Post by Lord Drakon »

In the current experimentation in finding the ways and lists to make the Shroud Bomb work I swapped my other beloved units in order to optimize magic, moblity, fear/terror, artillery shooting and punch to hopefully make the 'perfect' Shroud Bomb work.

I tried to get all the options we have available to play with enemy leadership into the list, while still make it a powerfull list. The idea is that I have 1 big block of infantry (spears) with bloodwrack shrine (10 ranks deep) while the rest of the army is very mobile and difficult to catch. Therefore enemy will have to attack the spears to secure a victory, but that is exactly where I want him as they already have - 4 LD for fear tests (unit causes terror) even without magic because of the death hag. Unit has 4+ ward save against enemy magic because of lodestone and is to much to shoot so combat is the only way. LVL 2 with Shroud is placed in warlock unit to drop the bomb in the middle of enemy army, also causing terror.

Dreadlord and BSB on Pegasus inject fear tests where I want because of their mobility, and Kharibdyss ensures the enemy has to re-roll a lucky leadership test.

Sacrificial dagger ensures power dice and steal enemy dispell dice with snipe spells. If he chooses to let them go through he loses his characters, therefore losing LD = mission accomplished, or he dispells them and I cast shroud or doom of darkness (or both) which is also = mission accomplished. Snipes only need 1 dice, Doom and Darkness 2 dice, Purple Sun 3 dice with the dagger.

T.E.R.R.O.R List

Dreadlord, Lance, Shield, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Dawnstone, Cloak of Twilight, Pegasus 292
Supreme Sorceress LVL 4, Death Magic, Sacrificial Dagger, Obsidian Lodestone 290

Master, BSB, Great Weapon, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Heavy Armour, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, Pegasus 207
Sorceress LVL 2 - Dark Magic, Tome of Furion, Mask of EEE, Dark Steed 175
Death Hag, Cry of War, Sword of Anti-Heroes 130

6 Dark riders, Herald, Musician, Shields, RXB 140
5 Dark riders, Shields, RXB 100
35 Dreadspears, Full Command, Banner of Swiftness 360

Reaper Bolt Thrower 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower 70
Reaper Bolt Thrower 70

Kharibdyss 160
Bloodwrack Shrine 175
6 Warlocks, Master of Warlocks 160

Total: 2399

Leadership modifiers

Bloodwrack Shrine : - 1 LD
Kharibdyss : re-roll succesfull LD tests or cancel out enemy BSB
Death Hag : - 3 LD fear tests units in base contact with Dreadspears
Death : - 3 LD, character sniping
Mask of EEE : Warlocks cause terror
Sacrificial Dagger : generating 3 - 4 extra power dice

What do you think ?

Note that Hellebron (cry of war) but especially Morathi have great synergies with the Shroud Bomb lists, especially Morathi as she can choose both Dark and Death lore and drop the bomb wherever she wants because of Sulephet. Even better, she is 100 points cheaper than a LVL 4 and LVL 2.
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cold73
Highborn

Re: T.E.R.R.O.R

Post by Cold73 »

I like the idea...but you will have to see how it goes.
Try to remember which enemy units are Immune to Psychology is a must in this set up.

Also...I dont see a dispel scroll.

I will have to try this list out some time
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Ajattaro
Executioner

Re: T.E.R.R.O.R 2400

Post by Ajattaro »

I like this. Sac dagger in this list sure rocks. A little bit more small arms shooting would be nice, but what ever. You can shear a little amount of points by changing HA+S to LA+Enchanted shield ;). Then you could find little extra points to upgrade another 5DR unit into a 6-man unit with champ for extra effectiveness. Then this list would be finalized in my mind