Double Hammer or Immortal Bunker? 2400 points

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Cicciuz
Warrior

Double Hammer or Immortal Bunker? 2400 points

Post by Cicciuz »

Hi, I would like to have some advices on these two army lists. They are for a tournament at 2400 no end of times rules. I d probably prefer the first one but I am not sure if it is point efficent tournament wise.

DOUBLE HAMMER:
Lords
Supreme Sorceress 4 Life (with cold ones) (ring of Hotek, cold one) 295

Heroes
master on Pegasus (BSB) (pegasus, full mundane with lance and Twilight) 219
master on Pegasus (general) (pegasus, full mundane with lance, foolhardiness and ironcurse) 154
death hag (with exec) Witchbrew, Ogre blade 155

Core
20 Darshards w shield and standard of eternal flame 254
16 Corsairs w handbow 176
6 Dark Riders w musician 130

Special
22 Exec w champion and banner of swiftness 309
9 Cold one w champion and standard 290
1 cold one chariot
2 RBT

Rare
5 Warlock

Strategy:
On one side of the army there is cold one w sorceress, with standard bearer and DR. Other side same train with Warlock in front, General and then exec. In the middle all the shooting pieces. Idea is that DR/warlock get the enemy out of their lines, the 2 peg go behind the lines and the cold one/exec flank and hammer the opponent to pieces. The chariot is support for the Cold one.
I want the sorceress there so that I can give regen and fles to stone to cold one and with the Hotek ring are almost untouchable. The bad thing is that I am afraid she will die immediately and my toy will break very easily. Moreover the General is very weak.

IMMORTAL BUNKER:

Lords
Dreadlord (general) (Pegasus, armor of destiny and dawnstone) 283
Supreme Sorceress 4 Dark Magic (with corsairs) (sacrificial dagger and ironcourse) 250

Heroes
master on Pegasus (BSB) (pegasus, full mundane with lance and Twilight) 219
death hag (with exec) Witchbrew, 115

Core
10 Darshards w shield and standard of eternal flame 150
21 Corsairs w handbow and champion and standard 311
5 Dark Riders w musician 110

Special
22 Exec w champion and banner of swiftness 309
5 Cold one w champion 160
5 shades 80
1 cold one chariot
2 RBT

Rare
5 Warlock

Strategy :
The Dreadlord is almost immortal (1+ reroll and 4+ ward safe). The witch is in the corsairs and shoot bolt everywhere with the dark magic. Cold one chariot behind the block of corsairs that flank in case anyone has the bad idea of charge them. Dark rider shield the executioners that will flank the enemy. Shards get enemies out of the lines and 5 cold one are still a good punch. More flexible but against numerous armies it may suffer as it has only one hammer. Might change lore to beasts due to many characters (does it count on champions?) and because I have a dragon to field.

Any comment suggestion is welcomed!
Thanks!
Ajattaro
Executioner

Re: Double Hammer or Immortal Bunker? 2400 points

Post by Ajattaro »

First list is better I think. But why SS in CoKs? I dont think that life is best choice for you either. I dont know you need that many corsais, the unit could be bigger (sturdier semi anvil or bunker for SS on foot maybe) or smaller (expendable diversion which you lack).

I never enter tournament without dispel scroll
Last edited by Ajattaro on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

In list 1:
Without a BSB in the CoK I think the SS is too much of a risk (Stupidity).
You could put a CO BSB with RoH and give her BA or ToP. Peg General is run cheap (or alternatively on a CO with a GW and take Beasts).

In list 2:
SS easily killable in a CC unit. I'd try and squeeze in the Black Amulet.

I like aspects of both lists. I'd be tempted to reverse SS placement though i.e. Execs/Darkshards in List 1, Warlocks/DR in List 2. Heavens and Shadow/Metal are other lores I'd consider respectively.

...but a lot better than any advice I can give you is playtesting and seeing how they perform :)

Not sure how much flexibility you have in terms of comp pack.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Cicciuz
Warrior

Post by Cicciuz »

well the BSB on peg will be on CO side and therefore they should always benefit from it.
I do not understand what do you say about the general in list one. do you think he is too much killable? shall I reinforce him a bit more?

on the lore are you saying heaven or Shadow in list 1 or metal in list 2?
if I do not field the SS in the CO I am not sure that the RoH is worthed to be fielded. if she is in the Darkshard she will be rarely using it.