2400 ETC Comp Final List

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sodono
Trainee Warrior

2400 ETC Comp Final List

Post by Sodono »

Hello again all. For everyone that was interested I have played around with the list a bit and have had a few more practice games and I believe I am at my final list draft finally!

Dreadlord - General, HA, SDC
- Giant Blade
- Enchanted Shield
- Dawnstone

Supreme Sorceress - Dark Steed
- Dispel Scroll
- Talisman of Preservation

Death Hag - BSB, Witchbrew
- Banner of Swiftness

Death Hag - Cry of War
- Cauldron of Blood

Witch Elves x 26 - FC
- Razor Standard

Dark Riders x 7 - Xbows, Shields

Dark Riders x 7 - Xbows, Shields

Doomfire Warlocks x 9

Shades x 5 - AHW

Shades x 5 - AHW

Harpies x 5

Reaper Bolt Thrower x 4

Again any thoughts, comments or questions are more than welcome!
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: 2400 ETC Comp Final List

Post by Lord Drakon »

This looks like a strong list to me ! Be aware that cannons will shoot your CoB down fast, but with witchbrew and the str 7 dreadlord that horde remains very scary. Almost impossible to lose the chaff war, so thats a big plus of this list.
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Post by Mikael.k »

What lore have you been using with this list? :) Agree with Lord Drakon, you wont lose the chaff war, but beware, there are a lot of points to be had in your chaff. I dont think you will lose the witches very often, but the opponent will go for the rest of your list.
Sodono
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sodono »

Fortunately, I have had practice in my games now in which the cauldron did get popped quickly, and even still the witch elves with death hag and dreadlord put down a major hurt. That was my biggest worry about this list. But seeing that it can still survive losing the cauldron is very reassuring. If they don't kill the cauldron, then I almost always slaughter my opponent. I've been using Shadow on my Sorc and have been very pleased with the results.
Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

Post by Lord hajjij »

To me the witchbrew seems like overkill and could bite you. Having to test on a 7 re rollable is quite different than 10 re rollable...just doesn't seem worth it for a unit that's already going to vaporize everything it hits.
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
Ajattaro
Executioner

Post by Ajattaro »

Yeah, WB is a little overkill. You dont want you general and most important unit running around with Ld7 frenzy. You will get sandwiches when you dont have any other sturdy blocks. You could put Cry on BSB and make your CoB cheaper. Thise FC units really could use champions.

Otherwise, strong list, unless your units get shot apart. I would use Shadow with this list.
Sodono
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sodono »

Quick update, I dropped Witchbrew and 1 witch elf and replaced the champions in the 2 dark rider units and the warlock unit with a standard bearer and musician in both dark rider units. This is because 2 of the games in the tournament use fortitude as a way of scoring. One of which if you have only one unit with fortitude left you are considered "broken" so I had to fix that issue and now have 6 fortitude over 3 units. I used the "witchbrewless" list against Ogres last week and tabled him, about 2650-600, once you include bonus VPs for General, BSB, and standards.
Sodono
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sodono »

Also I have been using Shadow on my SS and it has been working out great!
Ajattaro
Executioner

Post by Ajattaro »

Warlovks can only have champion as command
Sodono
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sodono »

The warlocks don't have anything extra now, just the two Dark Rider units with Standards and Musicians now.