Lord sangfroid first foray into ETC land

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sangfroid
Executioner

Lord sangfroid first foray into ETC land

Post by Sangfroid »

So I've never played a game under the ETC rules and have one set up for Monday coming. Looking at the comp and faq have decided upon these two lists

The first is with cav and a mobile caster (plus my new fav unit a manticore Bsb) the second is infantry with my girls accompanied by helleborn and a life caster.

Both have the max 5 choices and my main discussion points is peeps thoughts on heavens in first list (my options I think are life, beasts or light here if not heavens)

Is the sisters hellebron life unit too risky and reliant on the life spells getting off (any experiences here would be welcome)

Lastly if anyone sees any things I've missed glaringly call me out!

List one

Dreadlord: Ogre Blade; Armour of Destiny; Dragonbane Gem; shield; Sea Dragon cloak; Dark Steed 266
Supreme Sorceress: Dispel Scroll; The Black Amulet; Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Heavens; Dark Pegasus 355

Master: Cloak of Twilight; heavy armour; lance; Sea Dragon cloak; shield; Dark Pegasus 188
Master: Charmed Shield; Talisman of Preservation; heavy armour; great weapon; Sea Dragon cloak; Manticore (Iron Hard Skin); Battle Standard 329

15 Black Ark Corsairs: repeater handbows; Reaver; musician; standard bearer 195
5 Dark Riders: shields; repeater crossbows; musician 110
15 Black Ark Corsairs: repeater handbows; musician; standard bearer 185

10 Cold One Knights: Dread Knight; musician; standard bearer (Gleaming Pennant) 335
5 Shades: additional hand weapons 90

9 Doomfire Warlocks: Master of Warlocks 235

2,398 points

List two

Supreme Sorceress: Dispel Scroll; The Black Amulet; Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Life 305
Hellebron 310

Master: Cloak of Twilight; heavy armour; lance; Sea Dragon cloak; shield; Dark Pegasus 188
Master: Charmed Shield; Talisman of Preservation; heavy armour; lance; Sea Dragon cloak; Dark Pegasus 186
Master: Armour of Destiny; lance; Sea Dragon cloak; shield; Dark Steed; Battle Standard 169

15 Black Ark Corsairs: repeater handbows; Reaver; musician; standard bearer (Banner of Eternal Flame) 205
15 Black Ark Corsairs: repeater handbows; musician; standard bearer 185

5 Shades: additional hand weapons 90

9 Doomfire Warlocks 225
19 Sisters of Slaughter: Handmaiden of Shards; musician; standard bearer 315

2,398 points
Last edited by Sangfroid on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Re: Lord sangfroid so foray into ETC land

Post by Mikael.k »

The second list has two BSB´s at the moment :P

Somehow I´m drawn to the second list more, but the sisters unit seen awfully small.

As for magic, I dont find the lore of heavens to be the most competative lore. I guess you dont have army choices left to pick shadow or death?
Sangfroid
Executioner

Re: Lord sangfroid first foray into ETC land

Post by Sangfroid »

Thanks Mikael.k can't believe I missed that :-) have edited and increased the sisters so they can run 3x7 with characters now or go 4 ranks if needed (meaning a loss of 10 models to neuter their combat effectiveness. With the life I'm hoping for regen to keep hellbron up, flesh to stone (of course) and regrowth if poss to keep the sisters around as well as the old faithful dwellers.

I am also gravitating to the second list but my big worry is not getting earth blood off and hellebron getting sniped or just plain killed in CC.

I also thoug about adding in tullaris so that the whole unit gets super frenzy giving the sisters 4 attacks each!

I could go shadow as this isn't a pool choice (or so I thought from the ar3 draft on twf)

My thing with heavens/light in first list is some magic missiles and the hexes to hamper shooting (especially canons) plus comet is useful again t almost everything
Mikael.k
Black Guard

Post by Mikael.k »

Well, you could switch the black amulet for the ring of hotek. Would benefit the entire unit and anything nearby :)
Sangfroid
Executioner

Post by Sangfroid »

That's exactly the dilemma, if I go with hotek and don't get any buffs off both hellebron and caster will be without protection in close combat (where this unit should be as much as possible) but the hotek gives some protection against the snipes and missiles etc...

I suppose without trying I won't know, I am just worried it's a flawed plan from outset due to the fragility of hellbron and fickle nature of magic and I will push it into a unit of anything and kill 30 odd then lose my general :-)