Cold one legion 2000 w/malus

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Foster
Trainee Warrior

Cold one legion 2000 w/malus

Post by Lord Foster »

so going through my book with a buddy we came up with this list

LORDS: 495
-Malus Darkblade 295
-Supreme Sorceress; lvl3, lore of life, talisman of protection 200

HEROES: 115
-Sorceress; lvl2, lore of shadow, dispel scroll, opal amulet 155

CORE: 607
-23 Blackark Corsairs FC; brace of RHB(reaver), banner of swiftness, AHW 302 *lvl2 sorc here*
-5 Darkriders; RXB, shield 100
-15 Darkshards; musician, shields 205 *lvl 3 sorc here*

SPECIAL: 430
-11 Cold One Knights FC; Malus here obviously 360
-Reaper Bolt Thrower; 70

RARE: 310
-12 Doomfire Warlocks; master of warlocks 310

i know there is a few areas open for improvement but its what i got so far. my local shop has someone playing an army with skaven being the only one not present and high elves being the most with at least 3 people running them. any advice is appreciated perticularly tips on deployment, spread out? cluster?
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Cold one legion 2000 w/malus

Post by Thraundil »

Remember you are allowed to bring up to 50% lords now. I'd make the lvl 3 into a lvl 4, and look to drop the lvl 2 sorceress since a lvl 4 + warlocks should see you spend all your PD with no trouble. This also frees up a few odd points which you could use for a couple more RBT's. They provide flak control, and since your knight unit must charge "over land", its good to have some units to remove charge blockers and redirectors.

I'd also look towards fielding a BSB. I know your unit does not bother with stupidity thanks to Malus, but leadership tests can still be crucial to pass at the right time! Cut down on your corsair unit. Without the lvl 2, you dont need it as much. Find 100 points on your core, upgrade the lvl 3 to lvl 4 for these points. Dump the lvl 2 and maybe trim the warlocks to 10 man, to afford a master BSB on cold one with some ward save (talisman of preservation + charmed shield for max survival). You might even consider bumping the lvl 4 to a cold one and give her some magic resistance. She can sit in the 2nd rank and with lore of life she wont miscast and blow up the unit.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Lord Foster
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord Foster »

Thats sound advice thanks. Idk if my local group are playing with the new points allowance for lords and heroes ill check with them but i see exactly what your saying.
Lord Foster
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord Foster »

everyone i play with uses default points allowance from the BRB. All other rule changes are recognized. Thanks for the advise Thraundil.
tehnico
Warrior

Post by tehnico »

I agree about the too many casters.

You only need more casters than dice when range and spread become an issue. Which really only happens at higher point levels. 2400-3000 is when you'll start to want the coverage 3+ casters provides. At 2400 I take a lvl1 with a dispel scroll and shadow. I can one dice miasma at important battles on pretty much anyone while she sits in a bow-bunker far from combat. It also preserves the scroll from an early death.
Lord Foster
Trainee Warrior

Post by Lord Foster »

i understand ill try amd get her replaced already have a lord on steed in the mail once hes arrived ill be converting him to a pegmaster. In the mean time im gonna switch the magic items around and give the lvl 2 dark lore Power of darkness to help with the power dice issue hopefuly it helps....my opponent can either take thrones or a block of S4 corsairs/knights/witches