2000point double master warlock bus

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Imr011
Slave on the Altar

2000point double master warlock bus

Post by Imr011 »

Hey guys, I've recently been inspired to move away from the cold one bus and go brolock instead. The "soft" choices I've stuck with are the dark shards and hydra; the hydra though has been underwhelming and I've considering ditching him for either some cold one Knights or a cold one chariot and 4th RBT....

Lv4, Steed, scroll
Pegmaster, CofT, lance
Master BSB, dawnstone, GW, PofFoolhardiness, dragon helm, steed
Master, luck stone, charmed shield, ogre blade steed
9 Dark riders, mus
28 Witch Elves FC
10 Dark shards
3 RBT
Hydra flaming breath
8 warlocks, champ
Total 2000

Both masters in with the warlocks and LV4 (running shadow or life) in with the dark riders.
Would you change out the poor hydra? If so which way would you go?
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: 2000point double master warlock bus

Post by T.D. »

Very cool list.

I think you need some more high S, so I'd go K-Beast or CoK for the Hydra (possibly :P)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Imr011
Slave on the Altar

Post by Imr011 »

Thanks T.D! I hadn't considered the K-beast. Interesting you see high strength attacks as the weakness, shadow has helped with mind raiser (random of course) on the witches the no.1 target for that. Both masters, Peg and RBT are strength 6 which has taken care of big beasts this far, Death Stars have been combo charge or ignore.

I've struggled slightly against shooty and horde armies. Thanks again for your comment, I'll look again at the K-beast
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

You will know the list much better than I do. I find S6 only on the charge doesn't help against 1+ on the grind ...but I forgot about Mindrazor!

K-Beast wont be much use against shooty or horde armies as it dies quicker than the Hydra and doesnt have a breath weapon. So probably your original suggestions of Chariot / RBT would be better :P

A unit of Harpies might also come in handy -- they can redirect hordes and tie up shooting blocks for a turn.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame