Tactic ideas for my 1500pt tournament list

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

stuaker
Warrior

Tactic ideas for my 1500pt tournament list

Post by stuaker »

Hey guys,

Haven't been on here in over six months as I went overseas and left my toys behind. Got back to my hometown just in time for a regional tournament of 1500pt 8th ed and chucked together a list to enter. I was a bit rushed and rusty, so my list isn't that great (got smashed by dwarves last night, though I actually managed to not lose fortitude - 3 models survived to the last turn including a standard bearer and my general...) But I can't change the list now the tournaments begun.

Lists have been shared for the rest of the tournament, but I was hoping people could give me a bit of advice on how to play against the other armies. Most of these units I haven't played before, and even the ones I have it would have been a while ago, so I've probably missed a lot of obvious stuff too!

My list:
Master, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Additional Hand Weapon, Brace of Repeater Handbows
Sorceress, Lvl2 Wizard, Lore of Dark Magic
Tullaris Dreadbringer
Blackark Corsairs Repeater Handbows, Musician, Reaver, Brace of Handbows, Standard Bearer
Dark Riders Shields, Repeater Crossbows , Musician
Darkshards Shields
Darkshards Shields
Executioners of Har Ganeth, Draich Master, Musician, Standard Bearer, Razor Banner
Shades, Light Armour, Great Weapon, Bloodshade
Doomfire Warlocks, Master of Warlocks

I was planning to chuck Tullaris in the executioners, the master in the corsairs, and the sorceress in one of the darkshard units. The plan was to use the riders and maybe the corsairs to tie up units while I bring in the executioners and the shades to charge flanks, but I'm just not adept enough at using the movement phase to accomplish that yet.

My opponents are:

Gobbos:
heros orc big boss, general, shield, dragon helm, ruby ring
night goblin shaman level 2, dispel scroll
night big boss bsb, light armour, shield, standard of discipline
40 night goblins, full command,nets,spears, 2 fanatics
40 night goblins full command,nets,spears 2 fanatics
23 night goblins full command,bows
squig herd 30 squigs, 10 handlers
3 trolls
2 doom divers, 3 crew
2 manglers
_____
Warriors:
Sorcerer, Lore of Fire, Level 2, +1 spell and +1 to channelling attempts, Chaos Familiar, Talisman of Endurance
Chaos Chariot, Mark of Slaanesh
Chaos Chariot, Mark of Slaanesh
18 Warriors , Mark of Tzeentch, Full Command, Shields
5 horsemen , Mark of Slaanesh, Shields, Flails
8 Furies, Daemons of Slaanesh
Chimera, Flaming Breath, Regenerating Flesh
3 Skull Crushers, Standard, Musician, Ensorcelled Weapons
_____
Undead Legions
Tomb Prince, hand weapon, great weapon, shield, fear, flammable, immunie to psychology, my will be done, the curse, unbreakable, undead, unstable, ASL, armour of destiny (heavy armour, 4+ ward save), Skeleton chariot
Tomb herald BSB, gamblers armour, skeleton chariot
Skeleton chariots x 7 skeleton charioteer x 13 master of chariots x 1
2 morghast harbringers
khemrian warsphinx and 4 tomb guard
casket of souls
Black coach, calm wraith, nightmarex2
_____

Thanks for reading, I look forward to coming last in this tournament, but I'd like to take as many of them with me as possible!
Started Warhammer with Dark Elves in 2002, stopped playing in 2005. Came back in 2013.
Other armies; Tyranids, Lizardmen
Main opponents: Slaanesh Daemons, Tomb Kings, Savage Orcs.
Anyone in New Zealand for games and trades?