Important information about the Slaanesh variant list

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Maelis
Highborn

Post by Maelis »

Sure.
Who needs Marauders anyway?

Only good thing about them are their flails. And with 7pts per model for elven warrir I think that no-one would use them.

Another thing. Im a bit concerned abot gettin Chaos Mortal units. Sure - they would give us a PUNCH, but they are not ELVES anymore.
I would be happier to see some advanced DE units than those iron barrels. I dont belive they fit into army fluff too much.
"Prick your finger it is done
the moon has now eclypsed the sun
an angel has spread his wings
the time has come for bitter things"
-M.M
Amarel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Amarel »

Maelis wrote:I would be happier to see some advanced DE units than those iron barrels. I dont belive they fit into army fluff too much.

I guess it depends on how you fluff it up. I intend to have a few Chaos Mortals who are a cabal directly under the control of Morathi. I see no reason that she wouldn't hold a mystical influence over Humans as well as Elves. Horses for courses :D.

Amarel.
Talon
Slave on the Altar

Post by Talon »

Hello to every one. First of all, I want excuse me for my terrible english. I´m form Spain.
I use to read this forum from one year ago (aprox.) but for my problems whith the language I never write here. But now is different. In a very popular an serious spanish forum appear a rumor about the Slaanesh variant list. This topics was published the last Saturday, and here talks about Portent.net as the font of this rumor.
Initialy we thought that the rumor was real, but whith the past of the day, we began to think that maybe it was false.
The Slaanesh variant list is:
[quote]EDIT MOD[/quote]
I don´t now if I can publiss that list here. If the administration think that this list dont must to be here, I understand that they delete my topics.

What do you thik? Really it´s the Slaanesh variant list?

PD. I want to excuse me again for my english. :oops:
Hazlo o no lo hagas, pero no lo intentes
Yoda, Jedi Master.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

@ Talon, The above list you posted is a very old variation of the Slaanesh list for DE. It is no longer even close to accurate.

Using this list as a basis for your army will result in a lot of wrong units being taken, and choices being used.

I wouldn't trust it with my money. I have deleted it to prevent people from buying and converting the wrong things.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Teech
Cold One Knight

Post by Teech »

Wow ... I'm speechless.

MOD edit

Cheers.
Talon
Slave on the Altar

Post by Talon »

Thak you langmann. It was excatelly that I want to read.

Good lock whith the campaing :D
Hazlo o no lo hagas, pero no lo intentes
Yoda, Jedi Master.
Teech
Cold One Knight

Post by Teech »

Ah, Langmann. :lol: Thought this was too good to be true. :cry:
Icon hack
Druchii Anointed
Druchii Anointed

Post by Icon hack »

Sorry Teech, While most of your post was innacurate, I pulled it for the same reason as Langmann above. Disinformation can be just as bad as accurate info for the casual readers. ;)
Wishing everyone the very best, to the end of your days.
Teech
Cold One Knight

Post by Teech »

But it's fun to read between the lines Druchii Infernal Hoosier. ;)
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

Amarel wrote:
Lord Tareq wrote:Well, we get marauders,

No we don't. Dark Alliance specifically mentioned earlier that we don't get them. Dark Elf Warriors are one of the best value for points models around though so it's hardly a big loss.

Amarel.

Is there some place on this forum where the slaanesh-list changes are orderly described? I'm getting a little bit confused by the tons of contradictory info in this topic ;)
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

It is only contradictory if you listen to the rumours and disinformation. I listed the units in the opening post.

That information comes from my copy of the actual list which is currently being playtested. If that is not enough for you then sorry, but it is all I am allowed to divulge at present.
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Amarel wrote:I guess it depends on how you fluff it up. I intend to have a few Chaos Mortals who are a cabal directly under the control of Morathi. I see no reason that she wouldn't hold a mystical influence over Humans as well as Elves. Horses for courses :D.Amarel.

You're absolutely right of course - but the influence doesn't have to be mystical - I know a few red-blooded males who would follow Morathi to hell and back if they thought that they'd get to join her afterwards for a few, err, shall we say, "Slaaneshi activities" :P

Mind you I know a few women who would follow her for the same reasons :shock:

I've been toying with the idea of a band of marauders for my all-female CoP army, but the models aren't right for what I want - I'm afraid that I may have to look outside the GW catalogue. I'm quite taken by I-Kore's Celtos range, as the Gael and Formorian races have a lot of (somewhat under-dressed) girlie models that would fit right in with a Slaanesh cult :)

Yeah - Slaanesh-worshipping barbarian babes !

http://www.i-kore.com/

for anyone who's interested

OK, so I couldn't field them in a tourney, but since I don't play in them anyway..... :)
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

I've been toying with the idea of a band of marauders for my all-female CoP army, but the models aren't right for what I want - I'm afraid that I may have to look outside the GW catalogue. I'm quite taken by I-Kore's Celtos range, as the Gael and Formorian races have a lot of (somewhat under-dressed) girlie models that would fit right in with a Slaanesh cult

Consider taking a look at some of the figures produced by Foundry Miniatures- They're done in the same (slightly larger than GW) scale as Celtos, but I think their poses & variety of models are better. I've attached a link to their Fantasy Nymph range, but you can access their main site from there and look at their other ranges. If the Nymphs are too "Elfy" to be Marauders, then look at their Norse ranges. I think they have a reasonable number of female figures there too.

http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collecti ... /index.asp
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

oh wow !

These are great - thanks Helldrak - I hadn't seen this site before. Some of those in the top right pic would make nice wood elf archers too :)

Maybe we can have elven marauders - why not ? :)

Yep these will be fine. I shall look into this closely ;)
The Dark Princess

Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

Maybe we can have elven marauders - why not ?

yeah dark princess is quite true in this. maybe not elven marauders since we are so civilised but why not elven chaos warriors and knights. Since CoP elves have started worshipoing slannesh, naturally they will be bigger, stronger than normal elves... but too bad we are not going to have any super elves and had to rely on human auxillaries.
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

Dark Alliance wrote:It is only contradictory if you listen to the rumours and disinformation. I listed the units in the opening post.

That information comes from my copy of the actual list which is currently being playtested. If that is not enough for you then sorry, but it is all I am allowed to divulge at present.

I didn't say it's not enough for me, but the opening post clearly states marauders will be in...But when I postet something about them I'm told they are out, that's just a little confusing, that's all ;)
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

The correct information is in the opening post. Amarel was incorrect.
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

Quote:

Maybe we can have elven marauders - why not ?

yeah dark princess is quite true in this. maybe not elven marauders since we are so civilised but why not elven chaos warriors and knights. Since CoP elves have started worshipoing slannesh, naturally they will be bigger, stronger than normal elves... but too bad we are not going to have any super elves and had to rely on human auxillaries.

I agree. Take a look at my post on Elven Chaos Knight figures:

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=17374&highlight=

As long as they are properly based and absolutely crystal clear to your opponent what troop types they represent, I see nothing wrong with using Elven troops to represent Chaos mortals in the list. Note that when I say "crystal clear", I mean properly WYSIWYG armed and armored and not confusable with normal troop types otherwise available to the Dark Elf army list. For instance, I'm using only Doomsteeds that are armed with hand weapons like the Chaos Knights they'll be representing, not Lance or Repeater Crossbow-armed models. If Dark Princess wants to use Foundry Elf Nymphs to represent her Marauders, I recommend that she pick figures that are armed appropriately to represent the armament choices she'll be making in her list.
Amarel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Amarel »

Dark Alliance wrote:The correct information is in the opening post. Amarel was incorrect.

:oops: Ooops :oops: I must have completely mis-read that first time through and then that lodged that in my mind.

Sorry for all the confusion...

*wanders off to correct his misinformation*

Amarel.
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

oh wow !
These are great - thanks Helldrak - I hadn't seen this site before. Some of those in the top right pic would make nice wood elf archers too

Take a gander at the Elven Revenant line from Foundry too:
http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collecti ... /index.asp

Some superb character figures there, but again remember that they'll be close to a head taller in scale placed next to a GW figure.

Perhaps not inappropriate for an Elf seething with the power of Chaos...?
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Heldrak wrote:Some superb character figures there, but again remember that they'll be close to a head taller in scale placed next to a GW figure.

Thanks again :)

some great stuff there - Now all I need is more money :)

Seriously though - I thought that GW minis were supposed to be 28mm scale too (although I've noticed considerable variation between different armies - I guess a lot depends on who sculpted the masters)
The Dark Princess

Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

Seriously though - I thought that GW minis were supposed to be 28mm scale too (although I've noticed considerable variation between different armies - I guess a lot depends on who sculpted the masters)

Some folks determine the 28mm height from soles of the feet to the top of the head and some do it from the soles of the feet to the eyeline. Many miniature ranges these days are sculpted in what's called the "heroic" 28mm scale, which is considerably larger than 28mm. GW figures themselves are getting larger from release to release as well...

Sorry to go off topic... :oops:
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Ok this topic has run its course. I will compile the results of it in a single locked announcement. Otherwise I am removing the announcement tag. Any problems PM me.
Bjarni
Noble

Post by Bjarni »

Underway wrote:Uses Slaaneshi Magic

Which means no Dark Magic at all, or will we not be able to have un-marked Sorcs?
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Maybe I should have said has access to slanneshi magic.