Important information about the Slaanesh variant list

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

The snee
Slave on the Altar

Post by The snee »

Personally I would never mortals in a dark elf army, as the druchii can handle themselves, but deamons are cool, especially slannesh
What is the joy of life?
To crush your enemies,
see them driven before you,
and hear the lamentations of their women
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

darkspear wrote:This means that we have very few choices of druchii units left.
Only Darkriders
Warriors (xbow and spears)
Cold One knights
RBT.

man this is sad. :cry:

Unless there are any new Dark Elf unit types........
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Icon Hack wrote:Okay DA, since you're being the proverbial fount of information, any rumors from the inside on when the new Chaos plastics are going to be released?[/color]

No but I can try and find out for you.
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

Dark Alliance wrote:Unless there are any new Dark Elf unit types........

Did you really want to mention that?

The anticipation and speculation is going to go through the roof!!!

Or do you enjoy whipping everyone into a frenzy? :twisted:

Sha'a'alaar
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Nothing wrong with a good whipping :twisted:
Joey_boy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Joey_boy »

hmm, is it just me or will the SOC list be one of good looking chaos minis(deamons) and bad looking DE minis(ColdOne mounts and warriors)?

I'm sadend by this... A reall bummer.
You don´t snuggle with Max Power, you just strap on and feel the G´s!

Swedish ranking page and forum
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by The word of pain »

darkspear wrote:
DE units 'out' -

Corsairs
Cold One Chariots
Executioners
Harpies
Witch Elves
Cauldron
Black Guard
Hydra

Any and all aspects of Khaine - Manticore, Deathmask etc

This means that we have very few choices of druchii units left.
Only Darkriders
Warriors (xbow and spears)
Cold One knights
RBT.

man this is sad. :cry:

Actually you have missed Shades....... add in the fact that this is a list to fight in the heavily vegitated jungles of Lustria and they become quite important :roll:
You may also find that we get a 'new' Druchii unit 8) Now that might be worth waiting for.... :D or it might not :?
The Word of Pain

Most heard comment at UK GT...
"Please, not Wood Elves again..."
Naggaroth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Naggaroth »

I m in a frenzy now! :twisted:

DA: Will this new unit be a COS list only unit or will it be usable in the regular lists also????

Is it a really new unit or a re-release?

Too many questions..... too little answers...... Storm of Chaos here we come! :D
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

@Naggaroth IF there is a new unit, GW has a history of creating new rules for units in Campaigns using existing models that have some good conversion potential. For example mutants and plague zombies in the EoT. Great conversion fun but no new parts. I would expect that this would be the case.

I think this because I have seen GW production schedule for the next year and there are unfortunately no new dark elf models on the list. Cool now chaos things, orcs, and Woodelves (look for them in October). There are also no new models for VC and I know that Grave guard are getting Full plate and 2 handed weapons in the Carstien list. So conversions are in this summer. I expect the DE will not be too different.
Last edited by Underway on Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Naggaroth wrote:

I m in a frenzy now! :twisted:

DA: Will this new unit be a COS list only unit or will it be usable in the regular lists also????

Is it a really new unit or a re-release?

Too many questions..... too little answers...... Storm of Chaos here we come! :D

He didn't say that there would be any new units..... He just posed the question.... it sort of makes sense, doesn't it!
The Word of Pain

Veldrik
Warrior

Post by Veldrik »

Think of it this way - with only RBTs, dark riders and shades.

You still get a chaos army with really good missile weapons :)

With Daemonettes and Chaos knights you aren't really in need of Cold ones and Witch elves - the only problem is having to buy and paint all the newly purchased models.
Frans the Witch-hunter:
There's a Shadow Elf with a blunderbuss? I don't see... *boom*

www.worldofchaos.co.uk
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Veldrik wrote:Think of it this way - with only RBTs, dark riders and shades.

You still get a chaos army with really good missile weapons :)

With Daemonettes and Chaos knights you aren't really in need of Cold ones and Witch elves - the only problem is having to buy and paint all the newly purchased models.

Problem? Heck, that's half the fun. You get an entirely new army with only having to buy a fraction of the models ... Nice!

J
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

So this is what we're looking at:

Marauders
Chaos warriors
DE Spearmen
DE RXB
Dark Riders
Slaaneshi Daemonettes on foot
Slaaneshi Daemonettes mounted
Shades
Cold One Knights
Chaos Knights
RBT's
Chaos Spawn
Furies
Whatever new unit GW might be cooking up.

Am I missing anything?
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

YAY! An excuse to start buying Chaos models. Too bad I am forced to wait months for the new plastic Wariors though.
Shades in Jungle Terrain=death. Or at least that is what I am hoping...Time to start saving a ton of cash for all these new metal models...
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Skalpelk
Shade

Post by Skalpelk »

Dark Alliance wrote: Also consider having Infantry with s4 :twisted:

Nice, but you forget the M4 which will mean co-ordinating attacks hard, which is the one thing DE's need to do. ;)

Skalpelk
Without pain, how do you know you are alive ?
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Skalpelk wrote:

Nice, but you forget the M4 which will mean co-ordinating attacks hard, which is the one thing DE's need to do. ;)

Skalpelk

Daemonettes anyone..... S4 and 2 attacks each to boot... all tied into a nice M5 model that makes all enemy units in Base contact -1 leadership. oh add in the 5+ Daemon save... 8)

We can keep our fast movement and add in some nice S4 attacks as well. think of these girls as better corsairs and your getting near the point. :D
Last edited by The word of pain on Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Word of Pain

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

The Word of Pain wrote:
Skalpelk wrote:

Skalpelk

Daemonettes anyone..... S4 and 2 attacks each to boot... all tied into a nice M4 model

That's M5 to you, big boy.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Saithis
Highborn

Post by Saithis »

hmmm
i think i finally have a good excuse for buying some of these nice daemonettes... :roll:
one or two units would look really great in my army... ;)

thx DA for the info

do you guys intend to stock up your army with some chaosunits? (or perhaps you have them already...) - i think this is a real interesting option...
At last, we will have revenge...
Naggaroth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Naggaroth »

Underway wrote:@Naggaroth IF there is a new unit, GW has a history of creating new rules for units in Campaigns using existing models that have some good conversion potential. For example mutants and plague zombies in the EoT. Great conversion fun but no new parts. I would expect that this would be the case.

Ok i get it thanks for this view on the "new" unit. I was thinking of the manflayers...... but i guess i was wrong and its better to forget all about them. :evil:

Anyway a new unit is always good even as it means some conversion work to get them into action.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Saithis wrote:hmmm

thx DA for the info

do you guys intend to stock up your army with some chaosunits? (or perhaps you have them already...) - i think this is a real interesting option...

I have fully painted :

5 Mounted Daemonettes
5 Furies
5 Chaos Knights
Fiend of Slaanesh

- all part of my Slaanesh tournament army of course which has an outing this weekend at the finals of the UK GT. :twisted:
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

langmann wrote:That's M5 to you, big boy.

I must be completly nuts... that's the whole point I was trying to make.... S4 AND M5.... :oops:

I'm just off to edit my original post ;)
The Word of Pain

- human
Adept of Khaine

Post by - human »

Question: Will we be able to use this list forever? Or is it legal just for SOC games, then you need opponent permission after?

I think Daemonettes and Slaaneshi warriors will essentially replace what we lost in executinoers and witch elves... Frankly, the characters, spawns, and mounted daemonettes will make the most impact to gameplay, IMO.

It opens up new possibilities, too... Imagine a combined dark rider - mounted daemonette charge? Daemons in the front, DRs in the flank, you could hit any unit practically on turn 2.

I don't think COKs would fit the fluff much, considering that numbness doesn't go too well wit hthe whole "pleasure" theme.

All in all, looks very interesting.
- Human
Black guardian 4
Warrior

Post by Black guardian 4 »

So is there a list of what Druchii that will be dropped in the list?
"Ya right, you would never hide your assassian in your spearmen. Oh, you did........"
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

- Human wrote:Question: Will we be able to use this list forever? Or is it legal just for SOC games, then you need opponent permission after?

It will be forever legal. Unless they cheese it up so much that tournaments start banning the SoC lists.

I think Daemonettes and Slaaneshi warriors will essentially replace what we lost in executinoers and witch elves... Frankly, the characters, spawns, and mounted daemonettes will make the most impact to gameplay, IMO.

It opens up new possibilities, too... Imagine a combined dark rider - mounted daemonette charge? Daemons in the front, DRs in the flank, you could hit any unit practically on turn 2.

Yep combines the best of both lists. It's interesting tactically, and daemonettes are great models and fit in well in the list.

I don't think COKs would fit the fluff much, considering that numbness doesn't go too well wit hthe whole "pleasure" theme.

All in all, looks very interesting.

I don't think COK fit the fluff at all, and we told them. But oh well. When has GW ever made complete 100% sense? I mean if COK really worked as described in the fluff, whenever they went stupid they would attack anything living in los range...
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Skalpelk
Shade

Post by Skalpelk »

langmann wrote: Unless they cheese it up so much that tournaments start banning the SoC lists.
I am a lucky one that helps a friend play-test the new GW stuff, and IMHO the list is not broken (atm) and therefore I see no reason why any tournament would ban any of the SoC lists.

I don't think COK fit the fluff at all, and we told them. But oh well. When has GW ever made complete 100% sense? I mean if COK really worked as described in the fluff, whenever they went stupid they would attack anything living in los range...

I think they had to leave something in that could hit hard. With chariots, Excu, B.Guard, etc .. all gone, and restricted use on "Hordes Of chaos" stuff, there isn't much hard hitting units left.

Now with 15+ games under my belt, I must say it's a very nice and a real thinking-mans army. As with most DE armies you must use guile and co-ordinated attacks to win.

There will be a few other surprises in the list that hasn't been mentioned (and please don't ask, because I cannot tell), you'll just have to wait until Christmas (which is about 6 months earlier this year for DE players :lol: )

Ohh one last thing, the new ....**####*** ..... is really cool. ( I love to tease :twisted: )

Skalpelk
Without pain, how do you know you are alive ?