Important information about the Slaanesh variant list

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Kia Sidhe
Warrior

Post by Kia Sidhe »

Naggaroth wrote:
Underway wrote:@Naggaroth IF there is a new unit, GW has a history of creating new rules for units in Campaigns using existing models that have some good conversion potential. For example mutants and plague zombies in the EoT. Great conversion fun but no new parts. I would expect that this would be the case.

Ok i get it thanks for this view on the "new" unit. I was thinking of the manflayers...... but i guess i was wrong and its better to forget all about them. :evil:

Anyway a new unit is always good even as it means some conversion work to get them into action.
How about slaves anyone? ;)
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by The word of pain »

Skalpelk wrote:Ohh one last thing, the new ....**####*** ..... is really cool. ( I love to tease :twisted: )

Skalpelk

Posts like this make me 'Infernally mad'... I hate teaser posts.... but understand you cannot divulge anything :?
The Word of Pain

Most heard comment at UK GT...
"Please, not Wood Elves again..."
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Dark Alliance wrote:I have fully painted :

5 Mounted Daemonettes
5 Furies
5 Chaos Knights
Fiend of Slaanesh

I have ...

Painted:
12 Furies (Basically DE Harpies on 25 mm bases)
12 Daemonettes
5 Mounted Daemonettes
6 Slaanesh Chaos Knights
Fiend of Slaanesh
20 Marauders w/ GW
20 Marauders w/ LA, Shld

Unpainted:
48 Daemonettes
13 Mounted Daemonettes

As you may imagine ... I am very much looking forward to this list ...

J
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Lol WoP :lol: ;) .
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

I have ...

Painted:
12 Daemonettes
5 Mounted Daemonettes
6 Slaanesh Chaos Knights
Fiend of Slaanesh
20 Marauders w/ GW
20 Marauders w/ LA, Shld

Unpainted:
48 Daemonettes
13 Mounted Daemonettes

Holy mackeral! Jeff can you mail me some of the million deamonettes that you have, just 10, pleeeeease. By the looks of things you won't miss them.

I have that are not Druchii units:

10 Deamonettes
10 Furies (old harpies on large bases, very cool)
5 Mounted Deamonettes
1-2 Spawn (old War hydra, will be modified with bits, and a million other bits to make one other spawn)

None of them are painted,

I need to pick up 5 more mounted Deamonettes and 10 more deamonettes for the summer (so Jeff if you are giving away deamonettes cheap...) oh and maybe some of those new Chaos plastics, they just look cool.
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Yeah, I tend to go all out when purchasing such things ... will be making a Slaaneshi Daemon Army as well. Just have to paint them all ...

If I do have any left over, I will keep you in mind ...

Oh, and I forgot to include the Keeper of Secrets ... he/she is not painted yet either.

J
Lightsbane
Warrior

Post by Lightsbane »

Personnally, I doubt I would field more than 2-3 units of chaos along my 2500pts DE army. It gives us a forcefull punch though doesn't it.
Darkness has covered the world
But in the west a bright light is blazing
Who have the power to snuff it out
Creamster
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Creamster »

Greetings all, longish time lurker. Former member of the planet killer group during EoT.

I am surprised at the amount of people that are not going to use chaos units in this army list. With the amount of troops that have been cut (I will sadly miss the assassin) you will need these units to win.

I play a slaanesh army and the magic is the best thing about it - BAR NONE! So i can see CoP armies being magic heavy and speed heavy.

We have gained more advantages in this list over the old list. Harder hitting troops, longer surviving troops, more reliable troops (MoS), better lore, faster troops, cheaper troops... I fail to see why no one will use this list (apart from the khaine-extemists ;) )

I saw the first list and it stated about slaanesh magic items being moved accross. Has this changed at all?
Saithis
Highborn

Post by Saithis »

jeffleong13 wrote:I have ...

Painted:
12 Daemonettes
5 Mounted Daemonettes
6 Slaanesh Chaos Knights
Fiend of Slaanesh
20 Marauders w/ GW
20 Marauders w/ LA, Shld

Unpainted:
48 Daemonettes
13 Mounted Daemonettes

As you may imagine ... I am very much looking forward to this list ...

J

60 daemonettes???
wow that's a lot of stuff... ;) - too bad they have the largr bases...

i knew that some guys here have several chaosunits (DA, for example) - especially slaasnesh is very popular among DEplayers... - but there are already more players with 'little additional units' than i imagined...

and i think the number of these generals will clearly increase... - count me in ;)
At last, we will have revenge...
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Creamster wrote:Greetings all, longish time lurker. Former member of the planet killer group during EoT.

I am surprised at the amount of people that are not going to use chaos units in this army list. With the amount of troops that have been cut (I will sadly miss the assassin) you will need these units to win.

I play a slaanesh army and the magic is the best thing about it - BAR NONE! So i can see CoP armies being magic heavy and speed heavy.

We have gained more advantages in this list over the old list. Harder hitting troops, longer surviving troops, more reliable troops (MoS), better lore, faster troops, cheaper troops... I fail to see why no one will use this list (apart from the khaine-extemists ;) )

I saw the first list and it stated about slaanesh magic items being moved accross. Has this changed at all?

Welcome and glad you posted. I would love to hear your insights into the EoT by PM some time. It really helps me develop tactics and strategums for the SoC.

The Mark of Slannesh is a double edged sword for DE. Whereas chaos troops are T4 and can have a 2+ AS on foot in HtH DE are T3 and can have a max AS of 4+ in HtH. This means that the Chaos infantry can take the charge where DE should often flee. And with the MoS you cannot flee!

I do however agree that Slanneshi magic is great. Especially with the racial +1 to cast. That is would be just evil!!
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

Woodelves (look for them in October).

Is that October 2004 or 2005? Where does Ogre Kingdoms fall in the release schedule that you saw?

DA, I realize that Manflayers will have no part in SOC, but could you get some reassurance from Gav about their eventual release? Last we heard, they were slated for release with the DOW army book (whenever that will be). Is that still the case?
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Ogre Kingdoms was not on the production schedule as they are a surpriese release like the Tau were. The fact that they are releasing new Woodelf models does not mean that they are releasing a new book. Every once in a while GW does this and releases a new model well outside the normal new line push.

OK should be after the SoC. DoW will not be for a few years, and I have no idea when they will be released. After Wood Elves that is for sure.
Thanatos
Assassin

Post by Thanatos »

LOL time to get evil and buy some chaos knights and a keeper of secrets
That which is dead cannot die, therefore I am immortal.
Creamster
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Creamster »

Underway wrote:Welcome and glad you posted. I would love to hear your insights into the EoT by PM some time. It really helps me develop tactics and strategums for the SoC.

The Mark of Slannesh is a double edged sword for DE. Whereas chaos troops are T4 and can have a 2+ AS on foot in HtH DE are T3 and can have a max AS of 4+ in HtH. This means that the Chaos infantry can take the charge where DE should often flee. And with the MoS you cannot flee!

I do however agree that Slanneshi magic is great. Especially with the racial +1 to cast. That is would be just evil!!

Thanks i will send a pm out to you later.

I think that mark is great for the points. The Dark Riders do miss out on the flee but i would gladly trade that all for immune to every panic, fear.. etc test. This means that some armies lose advantages (mainly undead) and battle plans have to be re-thought (enemy cannot depend on breaking you in shooting). I am sure most of my fellow Druchii players have had 2 or 3 units panic of the table due to a dark rider unit fleeing too far.

I have heard that DE casting slaanesh will not get the +1 to cast. Hopefully this is false as slaanesh magic is the best imo (true i have only ever used 4 lores :roll: )
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

justinus cookerus wrote:LOL time to get evil and buy some chaos knights and a keeper of secrets

Just make sure to paint your Chaos Knights a nice Slaaneshi Pink!!

J
Bjarni
Noble

Post by Bjarni »

We can keep our fast movement and add in some nice S4 attacks as well. think of these girls as better corsairs and your getting near the point.

My big, butch Corsairs w/ War Banner do not go *poof* every time an S4 ranked units look at them funny. They may run away like the stinking cowards they are, but they've had a good record getting away so far :D

Anyway, I will be looking forward to making a cavalry based army this time around, as I've found COKs to be rather rubbish actually (shock, horror). There is just the slight problem of both finishing my existing DE models and financing my latest fancy...

Crack, anyone? 8)
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

No thanks, don't need to start another horrendously addictive hobby ... I have Warhammer.

Hello, my name is Jeff ... and I am a Warhammer-aholic!

J
Medved
Beastmaster

Post by Medved »

we all have this problem, i will not buy an entire new army of chaos to go with my DE for the campaign, no i woonnntttt...arrrgggg (running for the nearest GW store..)
Dalamar: 03/10/2013 "Yes, we are the epitome of glass cannon now. In fact the cannon is so powerful that it's possible for it to damage itself."
7ed: 23-3-3 W-D-L
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Sniff, sniff (wipes away tear) ...

Medved ... I can't tell you how proud we are ...

:D

J
Skalpelk
Shade

Post by Skalpelk »

Just before you lot run out and buy boxes of chaos stuff, please be advised there are restrictions on taking Chaos Motral units, and either none or min on Daemonic Stuff. I wouldn't buy more than 1 unit of each Mortal units, and 2 max for the Mounted Daemonettes, until the offical release, or at least until DA can tell you.

Cheers

Skalpelk
Without pain, how do you know you are alive ?
Hornedtoad10
Corsair

Post by Hornedtoad10 »

Are any chaos heroes going to be available? Having an aspiring champion in the list could be very enjoyable. Thanks for the help if you are able to let me know.

HornedToad10
The word of pain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by The word of pain »

HornedToad10 wrote:Are any chaos heroes going to be available? Having an aspiring champion in the list could be very enjoyable. Thanks for the help if you are able to let me know.

HornedToad10

That's probably a bit more info than GW want out there at the moment... we only got permission to tell yuo what type of units on the basis people would need to buy/paint/base them prior to the campaign starting...

I would agree though, a nice Chaos Charater would go down well :D
The Word of Pain

Most heard comment at UK GT...
"Please, not Wood Elves again..."
Hornedtoad10
Corsair

Post by Hornedtoad10 »

Well, if a chaos character is enabled, I'll need to buy/paint/base him also. =) Otherwise there is no real reason for me to buy one. But I see your point and am thankful for all the information received already. Thanks.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Heldrak wrote:
Woodelves (look for them in October).

Is that October 2004 or 2005? Where does Ogre Kingdoms fall in the release schedule that you saw?

DA, I realize that Manflayers will have no part in SOC, but could you get some reassurance from Gav about their eventual release? Last we heard, they were slated for release with the DOW army book (whenever that will be). Is that still the case?

October 2005 Woodies.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Lord potsmasher
Dark Rider

Post by Lord potsmasher »

Thanks alot. I now have a good reason to buy the new brettonians. DE Slanneshi Chaos Knights! Thanks alot!
Bring back the old Chat!!