So who thinks malekith is going to die

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Quendi
Corsair

Post by Quendi »

Eltharion is a weakling Asur,and whole of the Ulthuan is full with weaklings,too.None of them is able to do something to Malekith even the traitor twins Tyrion and Teclis.
Our foes will be sorry now,the Black Guard is here.
Kane
Black Guard

Post by Kane »

Quendi wrote:Eltharion is a weakling Asur,and whole of the Ulthuan is full with weaklings,too.None of them is able to do something to Malekith even the traitor twins Tyrion and Teclis.

I am sorry, but apperantly they are... they have GW on their side :( . It is the way of the warhamemr world. We exists to take Ulthuan and always get VERY close to achieve our goal, but we never have done... (I don't want to say the last blasphemic words)
Nice armor Tyrion. Did your husband make it for you?
The_vicar
Beastmaster

Post by The_vicar »

Its not that Malekith may die its when will he die I think that much is inevitable and I think the person to do it is Morelion the first born of Aenarion. After the battle of the Blighted Isle when it was known that Astarielle had sent Morelion Yvraine to the Gaean Vale to be hidden from the followers of chaos when Yvraine returned to be crowned the new everqueen Morelion never came back. I think he went off past the fortress of dawn to the are of Nippon where there are high elves, the origional high elves, Elves that were never affacted by Chaos, the old world or anything to do with Stunties and Druchii. There they probably distanced themselves from anything that happened on our side of the world and will probably end up taking Malekiths life with the Sword of Khaine, half brother versus half brother, should be an entertaining affair.
To be honest the high elves have never viewed the Druchii with any hatred aside from the elves of Nagarythe, they tend to view the Druchii as misguided elves, foolish and blind and with sympathy. OIf Malekith were to fall I think the one thing that sepperated the two people was him if he were to die there may well eb a joining of the two, I doubt it but its a nice enough thought, prehaps the druchii are tired of the endless violence and just want peace, but prehaps they so decensotised to what they've known for 5000 years that they know no better.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

the_vicar wrote:Its not that Malekith may die its when will he die I think that much is inevitable and I think the person to do it is Morelion the first born of Aenarion. After the battle of the Blighted Isle when it was known that Astarielle had sent Morelion Yvraine to the Gaean Vale to be hidden from the followers of chaos when Yvraine returned to be crowned the new everqueen Morelion never came back. I think he went off past the fortress of dawn to the are of Nippon where there are high elves, the origional high elves, Elves that were never affacted by Chaos, the old world or anything to do with Stunties and Druchii. There they probably distanced themselves from anything that happened on our side of the world and will probably end up taking Malekiths life with the Sword of Khaine, half brother versus half brother, should be an entertaining affair.
To be honest the high elves have never viewed the Druchii with any hatred aside from the elves of Nagarythe, they tend to view the Druchii as misguided elves, foolish and blind and with sympathy. OIf Malekith were to fall I think the one thing that sepperated the two people was him if he were to die there may well eb a joining of the two, I doubt it but its a nice enough thought, prehaps the druchii are tired of the endless violence and just want peace, but prehaps they so decensotised to what they've known for 5000 years that they know no better.

i will seek peace when the witch elves bathe in tyrions blood
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Aldreth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Aldreth »

I don't think that GW wil let him die too soon. There is no apearent storyline which could continue the history of the druchii after his death and a lot of druchhii players would hate them for having ihm killed.

Nevertheless I agree with those who believe that his murderer will be morathi:
The prophecy tells that Black magic will be his undoing. As far as I know there is now one so apt in it than Morathi.
Otherwhere it is stated that he intents to kill her someday. In all stories its clearly visible that he is not as intelligent than her. I think she will notice when he wants to put his designs into action and that may be the moment when she overcomes her love to him...
My last reason is that I would consider it great fluff:
It was morathi who has made him what he is. It would be morathi who takes everything from him. Morathi is the true heart of the druchii, their beginning and their ending.
His death by her hands would be tragic and greater than by the hand of some weak asur.

As long as Morathi and Malekith rule, the destiny of the Druchii is determined. After their death they have a new future...
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Aldreth wrote:I don't think that GW wil let him die too soon. There is no apearent storyline which could continue the history of the druchii after his death and a lot of druchhii players would hate them for having ihm killed.

Nevertheless I agree with those who believe that his murderer will be morathi:
The prophecy tells that Black magic will be his undoing. As far as I know there is now one so apt in it than Morathi.
Otherwhere it is stated that he intents to kill her someday. In all stories its clearly visible that he is not as intelligent than her. I think she will notice when he wants to put his designs into action and that may be the moment when she overcomes her love to him...
My last reason is that I would consider it great fluff:
It was morathi who has made him what he is. It would be morathi who takes everything from him. Morathi is the true heart of the druchii, their beginning and their ending.
His death by her hands would be tragic and greater than by the hand of some weak asur.

As long as Morathi and Malekith rule, the destiny of the Druchii is determined. After their death they have a new future...

but if morathai took over she would convert us all to chaos and GW will say oooooooooo its a great time to re do the DE so they make some new unit of guys and in the hords of chaos army u can field a unit of dark elfs as a special choice
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

Of course he will die do you honestly believe that he will life threw bloody eternety.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Aldreth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Aldreth »

@ ragnarkok Of course not forever but as long as the game lasts?
@ Valtor
I agree. As I said I don't expect it to happen very soon and maybe not at all. Malekith's death could mean what you pointed out in the last sentence, it could as well meen that morathi causes a civil war among the druchii and with it destroing Naggaroth etc...
I think somewhere it is stated that if Malekith dies, the druchii will fade as well (a possibility i like not at all...).
But nevertheless I like to consider what would happen if morathi were to kill him and why, wethever GW will have it come to pass or not.
Bloodtemplar
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bloodtemplar »

Quendi wrote:I think ''The Great and The Magnificent Malekith the Witch King'' can't be killed by anyone in the Warhammer world.

Funny, seeing how crappy character he is I'm surprised he hasn't dropped dead already.

Haven't you people read the fluff at all? There's a prophecy of the demise of the Witch King and everyone knows that prophecies have a nasty habit of always being fulfilled in the WH world. Malekith will die by the hand of a yet unknown druchii sorcerer (note, not sorceress). The Anointed are the first druchii sorcerers walking around since Malekith killed last of the 'normal' druchii sorcerers a long time ago.

Anointed special character is certainly a possibility, but I would rather see it being some completely new standard druchii special character (with better survivability than Malekith). However as they don't fill the prophecy the killer won't be Morathi, Shadowblade, Malus nor Hellebron for that matter.
Metal for miniatures - plastic for toys.
Jimworm
Warrior

Post by Jimworm »

Not that I wish to spoil a beautifal thing or anything it's just that I fear I don't know what this propehcy is. What is it?
There was one more thing, it's been emotional.
Sotek
Black Guard

Post by Sotek »

I think eventually he is gonna die maybe by a person who is now a normal executioner or someting or hasn't even borned yet who knows...

Sotek

maybe the lizzies would kill him, Lord Kroak maybe...
"I'm sinking like a stone."

Sotek
Darkadon
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Darkadon »

Maybe Furion will pop out of nowhere to pull a John Wilkes Booth and turn Malekith into Abe Lincoln.
Cheap GW minis

www.gc-minis.com
Kencaid
Beastmaster

Post by Kencaid »

i also think that Malus could become future ruler, only because he lives the ideals of Druchii to the fullest, he could be given some seriously pumped up stats, and become a true hero of druchii society
To LazzZZy
Ghar
Warrior

Post by Ghar »

I think that Malekith is gonna die but Malus will not be the general he is so lousy right now... they should do a new story from Malus where he would became more powerfull.... or GW will give him 1+ armor and 4+ ward save and make him to be as orc would say.. DA BOSS
If someone says DE are no evil then why do they cuts slaves toungue if they speak?
Cervix
Cold One Knight

Post by Cervix »

Maybe Teclis will kill him. He is one of the heirs of anarion and he is a sorcerer. After killing Malekith he becomes evil and betrays the Asur. (don't take this too serious:P)

I read Giant Slayer and there he is some kind of sinister character, much like Raistlin of Dragonlance series (Which the whole idea of teclis and tyrion came from). He understands why druchii are such a hatefull race and he knows every elf deep inside feels the same rage of battle.

Oke don't send any assassins for me please for this post but it just came up in my mind :P
Khemor
Slave on the Altar

Post by Khemor »

I believe it's gonna be a lttle like this:The incarnation of Aenarion the defender wil appear reborn amongst the elves(to punish his son for making war). Malekith will try to destroy him with black magic's but the destructive power will be returned by some strange defection shield :lol: and Malekith will be destroyed by his own magics( and so the magic's of the only male sorcerer) morathi will turn into a chaos spawn and malus will be ripped to shreds when tz'arkan's grip upon the mortal world fades as chaos will be repelled back to the norht. Shadowblade will becomea hermit assassin and will kill annyone who's face he doesn't like(even if that means entire army's). Aenarion's incarnation will bring peace to the elves and tyrion and Teclis will have lots and lots of wives asTyrion seduses them with his scars and muscles and Teclis with his magic tricks(or in the same way as Tyrion after casting a beauty spell on himself). Fotunately Eltharions spirit, horribly scarred from the torturing etc..., will rid him off all reason and he will lead his swordmasters to Naggaroth where they will meet the shades in the west who and the monsters in the land, also he will attack Aenarions konvoy that leads the slaves back to their homelands and he will bring the slaves back to Naggaroth. Then with the population of the villages and cities( they will think of him as a hero cause he returned the slaves) he will have a new dark elf population. Of course somone (probably Valtor i guess) will succeed(read kill and take power off) him. Aenarion will not think they pose a real threat and so he wont elliminate him.

From that moment on all DE troops will have a basic WS score of 6, they are swordmasters after all.
Cervix
Cold One Knight

Post by Cervix »

Aekoldar Helbrass said:
fluffwise we are the eternal losers because this is fantasy, and no matter how 'dark' it is, GOOD GUYS DON"T LOSE. so it doesn't matter who leads us, he will always lose.

Drasanil said:
Its true good guys don't loose when it actualy counts, but they aren't much better at breaking the status quo than the bad guys, with the exception of Eltharion's latest cheese fluff, every raid on Naggaroth has been utterly crushed

You answered the question for yourselves. The good guys don't win and the evil guys don't win. Sometimes the scales are tipping in favor of good sometimes on evil but there will always be balance...

Otherwise the world will be gone and we are all going too die ! :P
Aldreth
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Aldreth »

Hmmm.... could anyone quote the part of the prophecy which indicates that it has to be a sorcerer?
I owe the german version and there is only statet that the dark king would fall through the darkest magic.
I always wondered why he didn't want to have male sorcerers. The adidional text about them never made really sense.
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

maybe malekith's armour makes him immortal? :?:
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote:
funkamental wrote:I agree with everything pmpn8ez just said.
I agree with everything funkamental just said...

I agree with everything Jor-El just said...

I agree with MotionLotion.
Quendi
Corsair

Post by Quendi »

Anyone who defy MALEKİTH are traitors !evil! His supreme rulership and leadership will lead us to the victory.Our ancestors lands will be ours once again,and Druchii will rule all.
Our foes will be sorry now,the Black Guard is here.
Foebane
Warrior

Post by Foebane »

Possibly Morathi will grant Malekith immortality brcause she is powerful and can do that. She also shares more than a mother son relationship- it's there you just have to read between the lines!!! It's gross i know but hey!
This way Morathi can keep herr son alive and herself( thanks to the cauldron of blood) and they can rule Naggaroth forever. Or something like that!
Foebane
Warrior

Post by Foebane »

Possibly Morathi will grant Malekith immortality brcause she is powerful and can do that. She also shares more than a mother son relationship- it's there you just have to read between the lines!!! It's gross i know but hey!
This way Morathi can keep herr son alive and herself( thanks to the cauldron of blood) and they can rule Naggaroth forever. Or something like that!
Baron de'ath
Slave (off the Altar)

the death of malekith

Post by Baron de'ath »

all things must end.

Malekiths death, when it comes, will unite the Druchii even further against their foes and one will emerge as the new witch king of naggaroth.

maybe morathi has another son who no-one yet knows of who will rise to claim the throne and lead his kin to the final and glorious victory over Ulthuan.

we will endure, we will fight, and we will be victorious.

long live the Druchii