IMPORTANT NEW ORDERS!!!! 10 Aug 04

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

IMPORTANT NEW ORDERS!!!! 10 Aug 04

Post by Underway »

OK so the Bohsenfels thing was a total waste of time. I admit it, we hit it for a number of days and nothing happend except a bunch of Kieslevites came and took the city and swept away the cordon of attackers. Somehow I feel like we were fluff screwed again (like with HE) but that is OK. We have a new target now and a new mission that looks very similar to the old one.

Here it is:

KILL LIZARDS!!

Clear enough for ya! We have lost 2% in the last week or so. The Lizards are regaining the advantage, and with 20 Days left in the camapaign we have to hit them hard and fast again. I know it is getting a bit boreing and that there is little strategic though going into this part of the campaign but quite frankly I have put up with derogatory Lizardmen posts on this site too long. I want bragging rights and at this rate they will be the ones holding them.

So this is the week of total lizard slaying! Ignore all other opponents to target the lizards, make your empire friend to play lizards (only if they are painted green and have green stuff tails molded on them)**, dress your little sister up as a lizard and chase her around the backyard screaming FOR KHAINE AND SLANNESH or whatever. Burn them our of their holes, poison their spawning pools and pee on their temples.

We must regain the advantage and nothing, nothing will stop us.

As for the rest of you who cannot fight lizards,

Chaos Enslavers: Continue to take slaves of the Orcs and Khorne warriors in Immensheld.

Black Arc Raiders: Grimmenhagen is ripe for the picking, lets cut Boris off from retreat to the town of Middenhiem. This will prove very enjoyable...

**DISCLAIMER: this comment in no way supports cheating, it is a joke, not ment to be taken seriously and hopefully those of you out there see the new edited version as such, haha joke is on me apparently
Last edited by Underway on Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Sir, Yes Sir! If I only could find a lizard to kill. Does forcing someone in your family to play also count?
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

it is a pity that all the advantages are lost...and i can't do a thing...
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Ashork
Slave on the Altar

Re: IMPORTANT NEW ORDERS!!!! 10 Aug 04

Post by Ashork »

[quote="Underway"dress your little sister up as a lizard and chase her around the backyard screaming FOR KHAINE AND SLANNESH or whatever.[/quote]

Underway I just wanted to thanks you. This was the funniest thing I have seen on any of the Major SoC Forums since the campaign began. That sentance is priceless :D

you guys should add this to your sigs
Sobek
Lord Commander of the General Staff

Re: IMPORTANT NEW ORDERS!!!! 10 Aug 04

Post by Sobek »

ashork wrote:
Underway wrote:dress your little sister up as a lizard and chase her around the backyard screaming FOR KHAINE AND SLANNESH or whatever.
Underway I just wanted to thanks you. This was the funniest thing I have seen on any of the Major SoC Forums since the campaign began. That sentance is priceless :D

you guys should add this to your sigs
Agreed. Priceless. :mrgreen:
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Nice speech there Underway, really got to me ;)
Xinithorp
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Xinithorp »

This is pathetic.

You guys lose 2% and suddenly you guys have to stoop to a level of near-cheating.

Why don't you just report false wins instead? It will save you time and your "opponent" the humiliation.

I am shocked that the administration of this site is suggesting this.
If someone on The Pyramid Vault suggested this sort of behaviour they would be banned.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

It's disgusting that rather than lose honestly you'd rather win by cheating.
The Old Ones made me do it.
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

What the hell are you talking about? Where does it say anywhere in those orders to cheat.
Try reading it more carefully before you accuse us all of cheating.
Underway has made it clear more then once in the past that he frowns upon cheating.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Why is that some of the CoLA seem to lack a sense of humour? I even noticed it on CoLA when they posted this there.

Geez, it's still a game.

I just hope the CoLA don't get all smug if they win :?.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Xinithorp
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Xinithorp »

So this is the week of total lizard slaying! Ignore all other opponents to target the lizards, make your empire friend proxy lizards, dress your little sister up as a lizard and chase her around the backyard screaming FOR KHAINE AND SLANNESH or whatever. Burn them our of their holes, poison their spawning pools and pee on their temples.

It isn't officially cheating, but you're telling your opponent to play an army that he/she has virtually no experience with so that you can stomp on them.
What do you expect is going to happen?
Do you expect it to be at all the least bit challenging?
If someone asked me to proxie a High Elf army I wouldn't know what to do.
So while not cheating, it is very dishonest.

Underway has made it clear more then once in the past that he frowns upon cheating.

Then he must have been frowning real hard when he wrote this.

Why is that some of the CoLA seem to lack a sense of humour? I even noticed it on CoLA when they posted this there.

I'm sorry, I must be missing the punchline.

Geez, it's still a game.

I wish you all could see that and not sink to such a pathetic level.
Thee forsaken one
Forsaken Master of Fallen Gods

Post by Thee forsaken one »

You tell them Xini. While I found the DE worthy opponents this official anouncement to practicaly cheat is disgusting and not becoming of a major and responisble site.
Sobek

Post by Sobek »

It's called motivation, scarcasm, and humour. He wasn't advocating people cheating, through exagerrated statements of motivation, he was trying to impress upon them the importance of getting as many games against Lizards as players could. They're exagerrated sarcastic and humorous statements, not encouragement to cheat or to literally do what was stated. Take a step back, and breath. I mean, to honestly think that he's suggesting people to dress their little sisters up as lizards and run around after them.... Funny yes, but literal, no. Someone's sense of humour must still be hibernating. :mrgreen:
Thee forsaken one
Forsaken Master of Fallen Gods

Post by Thee forsaken one »

erm... I guessed the sister thing was irony but the proxy issue still seems serious to me.
Sobek

Post by Sobek »

It's part of the same sentence. Either you're saying that it was serious or that it was joking. I find it kind of funny that everyone around here saw it as a joke, yet our mortal enemies read into it another way. Don't read into it any more than what it is. A Joke. Relax. I can assure you that it was not encouragement to cheat. It was just an encouragement to go out and find those lizardmen opponents who have thus far been reclusive, as it were.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Thee Forsaken One wrote:erm... I guessed the sister thing was irony but the proxy issue still seems serious to me.

Have you guys ever heard of something called 'a joke'?
Yes, that was a joke. And not challenging, pah. Lizards are hard any day.
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Well, I've just come back from finding my sister that Lizardman costume, real hard to come by.
Now to force all my friends to play Lizardmen.
Rephaim gg
Trainee Warrior

Post by Rephaim gg »

It was hyperbole so it was comical but Underway was not kidding about proxying was he.
I'm with Injektilo

Blame him
Malagoth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Malagoth »

I truly think you need to loosen up there Lizard Boy... :P

Besides, it isn't as if it is in a Dark Elf's nature to cheat now is it? :twisted:

By the way, that was sarcasm in that last sentence in case you couldn't tell!

Malagoth, Chosen of Slaanesh
'Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts!'
-Londo Malari-Centauri Ambassador to Babylon 5
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Underway wrote:So this is the week of total lizard slaying! Ignore all other opponents to target the lizards, make your empire friend proxy lizards, dress your little sister up as a lizard and chase her around the backyard screaming FOR KHAINE AND SLANNESH or whatever. Burn them our of their holes, poison their spawning pools and pee on their temples.

Emphasis mine.

Xinithorp wrote:I'm sorry, I must be missing the punchline.

It involved your little sister! Dressing up!

My god! I've never had to get so infuriated here since the early revision days!

Excuse me, I'm now off to be a dastardly COTEC Chaos player with zero tactics...

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

My, everyone seems to have their scales in a scuff over this. I say we all sit back, relax, have a couple of roasted and seasoned skink legs with a light mushroom sauce and discuss this like dark elves. Please, good lizard, you can leave your weapons at the door. Harm? of course no harm would come to you...
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Sevwall
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevwall »

Well, contrast the two statements. Chasing your sister seems a little unreasonable.

Telling a friend his gunline is going to be a lizardman army for the night sounds like a good way to get a win for the forces of Malekith, until you realize that it is tantamount to cheating. How would you feel if I gave my kid sister a crash course in the rules of the DE and then proceded to whup her butt in a few Liz vs DE 3000 point battles.

What if I can here and trumpeted my wins around?

I assure you I would be called a cheater, banned, and the Lizardmen forums would hear all about it.

Now, the situation here is that a moderator has made an official thread that seems to advocate doing what I have just discussed. There was humor in the post to be sure, but that humor was in regards to chasing down a family memeber, not in regards to playing a proxied game.

I think we (and by we I dont mean Lizardmen, I mean people who want a fair fight in this campaign) would be happy with a retraction. I don't even care if he apologizes, since I understand how he could have meant it innocently. But I would still like him to say it wasn't something Druchii.net should be advocating.
------------------
Your Friendly Nieghboorhood Lizardman
Xinithorp
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Xinithorp »

I would like it if someone could actually refute my argument rather than tell me I don't have a sense of humour. Just because I don't laugh at something doesn't mean I don't have a sense of humour.
These are just cheap shots.

I understood the thing about the little sister. Some of you obviously don't realize that I'm not complaining about that. I know none of you would do that. That's what makes that part a joke.

What I am talking about is the idea of getting your opponents to proxie an entire Lizardmen army. Whether or not it was in the same sentance as the kid-sister joke is beside the point. Underway advocated an action which is very realistic. Not only that but it has been advocated here before.
I don't see anything amusing about that.

Unless this order is withdrawn the Lizardmen have won.
We'll either win honestly or lose to cheaters. In my book, those both count as wins.

So, thank you for the victory.
Malagoth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Malagoth »

Xinithorp wrote:I would like it if someone could actually refute my argument rather than tell me I don't have a sense of humour. Just because I don't laugh at something doesn't mean I don't have a sense of humour.
These are just cheap shots.

I understood the thing about the little sister. Some of you obviously don't realize that I'm not complaining about that. I know none of you would do that. That's what makes that part a joke.

What I am talking about is the idea of getting your opponents to proxie an entire Lizardmen army. Whether or not it was in the same sentance as the kid-sister joke is beside the point. Underway advocated an action which is very realistic. Not only that but it has been advocated here before.
I don't see anything amusing about that.

Unless this order is withdrawn the Lizardmen have won.
We'll either win honestly or lose to cheaters. In my book, those both count as wins.

So, thank you for the victory.

Ask and ye shall receive! Now any intelligent person could have determined that the order was not literal in it's suggestion to dragoon unknowing players into playing Lizardmen. It was simply trying to get across the need for our forces to concentrate in Lustria AND to play more games. I really think that you people who are just sooooooo offended by this should really get your collective heads out of your rearends! I found the order humorous and in NO WAY thought that I was being ORDERED to cheat!!! In fact you would have to be a half-wit, drooling fool to honestly think that that was what was being advocated.

I am sure that if you go back, read the post and think a minute before responding you will see things as I do. In the mean time, lighten up for Khaine's sake!! :P
'Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts!'
-Londo Malari-Centauri Ambassador to Babylon 5
Xinithorp
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Xinithorp »

Malagoth wrote:
Ask and ye shall receive! Now any intelligent person could have determined that the order was not literal in it's suggestion to dragoon unknowing players into playing Lizardmen. It was simply trying to get across the need for our forces to concentrate in Lustria AND to play more games. I really think that you people who are just sooooooo offended by this should really get your collective heads out of your rearends! I found the order humorous and in NO WAY thought that I was being ORDERED to cheat!!! In fact you would have to be a half-wit, drooling fool to honestly think that that was what was being advocated.

I am sure that if you go back, read the post and think a minute before responding you will see things as I do. In the mean time, lighten up for Khaine's sake!! :P

Good! Now can you do it again without refering to people who disagree with you as " unintelligent" and "half-wit drooling fools" ? Thank you.

How is the idea of getting someone to proxie an army a joke? I fail to see the humour in this. There is nothing bizarre about it. Nothing out of the ordinary.
The other part that helps us take this very seriously is that this has been suggested before, though not by Underway.
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p= ... ht=#306322
What is the difference between:
If you cant find a lizard player make an army list and have a friend in you gaming group proxy the army.

and
Ignore all other opponents to target the lizards, make your empire friend proxy lizards,

Even if it is a joke, it can very easily be taken seriously in this situation (as you can see it already has).
Teak
Slave on the Altar

Post by Teak »

I think everyone just needs to settle down.

I think underway was just getting a little excited and over the top. I can understand the Lizzies position, they have fought hard for two weeks to reclaim their 2% and then they feel we will cheat to try and reclaim it.

I dont know underways intentions but I am sure he didnt mean it in seriousness to just report wins against empire etc as wins against Lizards(proxies etc.) And if he did intend it that way it would be bad and dishonest and something that im sure no one on this site would agree to as a win is only sweet if it is earnt, and not begotten by cheating.

So hows about we just get underway in here, clear this whole thing up and get back on track to killing Lizzie armies with real lizzies in them:P