WE ARE ABOUT TO BE CUT OFF! 19 Aug 04

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

WE ARE ABOUT TO BE CUT OFF! 19 Aug 04

Post by Underway »

The glorious Lustrian Legion led by the Unstoppably Fieldmarshal Magelan Underway is about to be cut off from their supply lines in the jungles of Lustria. Here is a quote form the Loremaster.

Across the Great Ocean, the war of the temples of the Old Ones has moved back and forth as the Mage-Priests awaken from their slumbers to turn their might against the raiding Dark Elves and their Hung allies. Mercenaries from Port Reaver have also joined the fight in return for Lizardmen gold. However, the Saurus armies of Hexaotl have crushed a large force of Morathi’s Devotees of Slaanesh near the Macu Peaks, and now they threaten to cut off the Dark Elves’ route back to Naggaroth.

Pathetic Devotees let me down, now I have to go and rectify the situation by myself! All Dark Elves, the obvious result of this fluff is that the present % of 50/50 will be changing soon to favour the Lizardmen. This is the first indication that we may lose the war here in Lustria.

This cannot be allowed to happen, and as such I am recalling all armies from the Old world to reinforce the battles going on in Lustria. We cannot let the Lizardmen defeat us as it would not only shame Malekith but the entire website of Druchii.net.

So find some lizardmen opponents, beat their asses bad, and post those victories in the jungles. FOR MALEKITH AND NAGGAROTH.

Corsair Chaos Enslavers: The Weastern Causeway has a large concentration of Deamons, and the fleet sorceresess would like to capture a few for cruel experimentation.

Black Ark Raiders: The SW Wall is defended by HE. Go there and make them pay for thier treachury.
Last edited by Underway on Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

WHAT. I had just defeated a large concentration of lizzies(at last) and now this? I feel that the fluff is bad for us we r still at square one. as attackers..if we r still at square one...this means that we have lost...resulting in bad fluff.

C'mon fella fight on... i have onli one small advice for the lustrian war although it shuld be in tactics thread...the corsair is the most effective common foot soldier against lizzies due to its multipurpose role.
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Lord malal
Executioner

Post by Lord malal »

Truth is, the fate of Middleheim seems clear, and the efforts of the Druchii, on both sides of the wall, seem to be no more than a drop of rain into the ocean.

When the Dark Forces make a major push (get advantages, score victories via events, battle tours), the forces of light simply throw every single body against the section and any gains made by the push are quickly lost.

This is the 3rd(?) 4th(?) day in a row that this has happened? The Chaos forces had made advances into the city to as low as an 8 on the wall section. Within 24 hours Empire frontloads over 100+ victories all in the one section and the score goes up to at least a 10!

I believe that this will continue to be the flow of this siege for the remainder of the battle. Chaos will never be able to make much of a push, due to the overwhelming tide of Empire forces that throw themselves into a breeched area. The enslavers are no longer needed as the forces of light have things well in hand.

Our only avenue for having any effect in this realm is to obtain the secrets of the Old Ones and use them as they were truely intended. To bring the Druchii nation to Supreme Power!
Lord Veshnakar
Highborn

Post by Lord Veshnakar »

I honestly agree in every respect.. as far as I am concerned Chaos have no chance of winning, unless they post enough battles at one location to get the 4 points, but that won't happen anytime soon, the chaos hordes are not quite as organized as they perhaps should be.

As for myself, I am doing the best I can, I have fought almost all my battles against lizardmen players in my club, I have had faced few other armies during the campaign. I do enjoy the battles though, cult of pleasure and lizardmen are very balanced armies and it makes for a very enjoyable battle.
"Do unto others before they do unto you."
Mime
Black Guard

Post by Mime »

Doesnt the knew fluff open the door to battles against DOW to count for more in the Jungles than they may have in the past.

Wish I could be more help but at this time my gaming of any sort is at a complete halt.

Good luck all.

Mike
Whip me, beat me, bash me, crash me, throw me against the wall, oh ah baby I love it when you treat me rough!!!
Quendi
Corsair

Post by Quendi »

I hate that!! !mad! I have no lizardmen opponent here anymore,and those frogs started to fight back. !mad! Now I will try to raze Middenheim in the name of Witch King,so good luck to jungle fighters :cry:
Our foes will be sorry now,the Black Guard is here.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

If only I could get to game more. Gotta call my friend then ;)
Seriously, I might do that...
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

i view my self as a very honest person ;) !lol! so do you think i could battle myself and report the battle, as it would give me a great chance to try out my druchii alot more, as i wouldn't have to fit in to anyones schedule and i have some lizzie models (at least 1000pts worth) and i would be honest and report every battle as it happened, and i would give no advantage to any side? (seriously, i would be fair)

so if you lot think it's fair, could i be a really sad muppet and battle myself?
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote:
funkamental wrote:I agree with everything pmpn8ez just said.
I agree with everything funkamental just said...

I agree with everything Jor-El just said...

I agree with MotionLotion.
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

Well, tonight I have a 5000 point battle starting against Lizardmen. We are going to try the Temple raid scenario, though some of the rules seem unclear. I only wish that they had a category for a battle that size. Seems a 2025 point battle is worth the same amount.
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Personally I think it's wrong for GW to put up that kind of fluff when the campaign is at 50/50. Gav seems to get the fluff from the battle reports forums so he's obviously just read what a Lizardmen player wrote and put it up there. As I doubt either side will shift the bar much at this stage in the campaign we have to fight fluff with fluff and post stuff on how we beat the Lizardmen but above all secured our supply routes.

Even if the Lizardmen win the campaign 51/49 I'm still counting that as a draw. I would only count a win (on either side) if they won by around 55% or more.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

if we do get cut off and are forced to retreat...only the cunning will survive
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Lord Veshnakar wrote:I honestly agree in every respect.. as far as I am concerned Chaos have no chance of winning, unless they post enough battles at one location to get the 4 points, but that won't happen anytime soon, the chaos hordes are not quite as organized as they perhaps should be.

As for myself, I am doing the best I can, I have fought almost all my battles against lizardmen players in my club, I have had faced few other armies during the campaign. I do enjoy the battles though, cult of pleasure and lizardmen are very balanced armies and it makes for a very enjoyable battle.
yes but is chaos ever organized......
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Valtor Heir of Malekith wrote:yes but is chaos ever organized.....

Correct. That would be a contradictio in terminis.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Nightblade
Warrior

Post by Nightblade »

This is an ever present problem. What most people don't consider is that the lizardmen too are finding opponents to kick, and we happen to be those opponents. So either the lizzies are winning a lot more than I'd first thought, or more than a few are cheating.

Not pointing fingers. Merely airing my suspicions.
MOD EDIT: removed large image

Kalar Nightblade
Guardian and Retainer of House Nightblade
"My foes die. Accept or perish."
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

imo the lizzies are one of the tougher opponents and i am suprised we did as well as we have so far.

It would not shame Malekith, it would shame morathi though... if there is any shame left in her body.
and besides, there is no room for the weak :P
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Nightblade wrote:So either the lizzies are winning a lot more than I'd first thought, or more than a few are cheating.

I must say I'm suprised they managed to suddenly gain 2% at this stage of the campaign (when it is harder to shift the bar). But then we could have just stopped posting battles there.
Frogboy
Corsair

Post by Frogboy »

Nightblade wrote:So either the lizzies are winning a lot more than I'd first thought, or more than a few are cheating.

So either the lizzies are winning a lot more then we first thoughed, or some druchii stopped cheating.

Not pointing fingers. Merely airing my suspicions. ;)
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

frogboy wrote:

So either the lizzies are winning a lot more then we first thoughed, or some druchii stopped cheating.

Not pointing fingers. Merely airing my suspicions. ;)

One more post like this and that is it for those people involved. This is a friendly campaign.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

This is just great. you know I actually ave 75 Euro to guy next door so he could get a bigger lizardmen army so my victories would count for more.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Seraphyn
Noble

Post by Seraphyn »

that is it the the Phoenix legion will once more march to conquer the lizards and give up hope with storming the walls of middenhiem and slaughter every last lizard they see. I swear for the last days of the SOC I will crush a lizard army to help raise back our scores!
In my mind I envision a world without hate, malice, war. And then I see us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
Alkanoon
Black Guard

Post by Alkanoon »

Ragnarok wrote:This is just great. you know I actually ave 75 Euro to guy next door so he could get a bigger lizardmen army so my victories would count for more.

thats also sounds a kind of extreme :o
Ipps
Slave on the Altar

Post by Ipps »

thats rigth the attacker has no chans in the world on middenheim anyway so letts splill som (blue?) blood! :twisted:
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

But when you think about it the Druchii with their 50% are actually doing bether than most evil races.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Valorian the merciless
Beastmaster

Post by Valorian the merciless »

if the lizards are winning than i must be doing a good job...

(i'm a lizardmenplayer from the early beginning and when there is a campaign i always pick the good side)
i have posted a lot of victories (hehehe)
...I'm the king....
...the master of parody...
...Rejoice...
...for the writing continues...
Ryoko
Dark Rider
Location: Sitting at a resturant on the Upper East Side with Carrie, Meranda, Charlotte and Samantha

Post by Ryoko »

well i want new magic iteams so get out there and win them for me!
"His tongue actually licked my teeth!"

"Ick, at that point I said, "get that thing out of my mouth, put your ass in a cab and get the hell out!"

~Sex and the City