WE ARE ABOUT TO BE CUT OFF! 19 Aug 04

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Lazarus
Phlebotomist of Khaine

Other ways of raising the stats...

Post by Lazarus »

It would seem to me that GW began this whole SOC campaign not only to generate interest in their lines and get alot of people involved in a central theme, but also as a means of generating sales for new and existing figures and rules books. Logically it would follow that the "other means of measuring different armies effectiveness" that GW referred to in their intro to the SOC campaign would equate to sales figures...if Empire sales are up, the Empire wins against Chaos...if Lizzie sales are up, they win against Druchii. Does this make any sense ? Considering that both Empire and Chaos have had new releases recently, their successes and failures could maybe be equated to their respective sales figures...coincedentally, the soon to be rereleased "Mengil Manflayers" will more than likely be the lightning rod that guages Druchii effectiveness in the jungles of Lustria. Of course this is only my opinion and may have little basis in reality, but seems to make alot of sense anyway.
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

It would help if you would fight as well.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Lazarus
Phlebotomist of Khaine

No can do at this point...

Post by Lazarus »

In the last couple of months I've purchased a few hundred bucks worth of Dark Elves but have been delayed getting started on them because of other responsibilities including painting a few dozen LOTR Elves for my son. I'm afraid by the time I get finished with a reasonable sized army, the campaign will have ended...sorry but I never was a speed painter, but I will endeavor to post some pics once I get a little further along.
Ipps
Slave on the Altar

Post by Ipps »

arent it caind of strange that it stand still in all the subcampainsen?
Nightblade
Warrior

Post by Nightblade »

iPPs wrote:arent it caind of strange that it stand still in all the subcampainsen?

Both sides are fighting harder to gain the edge, taking out each other. It's natural. :)
MOD EDIT: removed large image

Kalar Nightblade
Guardian and Retainer of House Nightblade
"My foes die. Accept or perish."
Thepowerofwar
Cold One Knight

Post by Thepowerofwar »

How have we been losing. Do some of our great race lack tactical training. Big hint if you are playing against a slan, make it the first thing that you want to kill. If it is upgraded gen wise it can give up to 200pts bounus to you for killing it. If itt is made into the bsb and you run it down it is worth another 100pts bounus, and if it is the general of their army it is worth 100pts more. That makes for 400pts over what the unit is worth in the first place. This is something I hope will help some who don't know this already.
Divinity is granted to those that are worthy

The Power of War
Lord aldarith
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lord aldarith »

Ryoko wrote:well i want new magic iteams so get out there and win them for me!

Well, I'd like new magic items too, but since the CoS alternative army list with additional equipment "that can be fielded in any DE army" was released I kinda gave up any hope... :cry: I think even if we win, we will have nothing. It will just give some more consistency to the evolution of the DE's story.
Concerning the 50/50 draw, I agree with most of those who say that Gav's reports don't match this record at all. I knew this guy didn't like DEs (bloody HEs lover :evil: ) but I thought he'd be less biased.
Anyway, how come chaos is loosing so badly ? Are all chaos players so crap that they can't win properly ? When I see those who play in the shop of my town, I am kinda worried ! They think their Khorne knights will do all the job, and end up... crushed like shite ! Maybe the fact that these units have such good stats makes them think they are unbeatable. Somehow, DE know that their units are not "as" reliable as Chaos warriors for example, so they make a better use of them ! That might be why we are doing so much better than the rest of evil forces ! Love DEs... DEATH TO ALL LIZZIES !!! :twisted:
Executionerofharganeth
Executioner

Post by Executionerofharganeth »

Chaos has no chance unless all the greater deamons happen to spawn on the walls of middenheim, (which i think wont happen) or Archoan and Belikor do horribly awesome and slaughter all the ***** empire heros. I think that Chaos will come out with a slim victory or defeat, nothing is written in stone yet, its coming close but its not over yet, just keep killing stuff!
"We are the most civilised race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other."
Lord Vraneth the Cruel, Master of Har Ganeth
Bogus
Slave on the Altar

Post by Bogus »

The problem are the Slann Mages. Without 'em the lizardmen wouldn't have a chance against the mighty darkelves.
You are only the puppet who dances to my melody
Wolfblade
Corsair

Post by Wolfblade »

winning battle don't win you this subcampaign anymore. Just do as we skaven players. overwhelm with stories of dark elfs assinin slanns. defeating Lizardmen with lists and stealig treasures. It did wonders for us! And It can for us (strange yes, when yu play two armies)
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

Its over, look at the amoutn of days in the war room.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Whiteboypolka
Beastmaster

Post by Whiteboypolka »

With this campaign, I feel that we were doomed from the start. Even in the first battle sotes. Gav decided when the site wouild fall, and to this day, breder still hasn't.

Right fromt he get go, defenders were winning more battles, and the attackers were winning less. and now, at this late stage, the fluff about the orcs attacking the attackers... thats just stupid to disadvantage the side thats already losing.

I've contributed a few (around 5) victoies to middenheim's siege, and one in lustria (I was away all summer, and so was my lizzie opponent) but I feel that Gav has decided tyhe fate right now, so even winning 10000 more battle toda won't save us. He's forgotten the subcampaigns, in favor of writing baout the the amazing defeatr of chaos, because the good guys are better.

thats my 2 cents.
Stop me if you've heard this one...

hyetemplar wrote:i mean its pretty clear at least in my eyes khaine is a 2 timing wh0r3

(Starts running away from Naggaroth)