Civil War scenarios

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Uhm, guys, this is supposed to be a solo mission. The assassin is not assigned to slaughter everyone in the camp!
It's a conspiracy...
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

But everyone in the camp is actually assigned to kill the assassin, and a lucky blow can prove disastrous.
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

What do you think about this scenario?

Rebel Yell - working title
This battle will be fought between a Temple of Khaine army and a smaller Cult of Slaanesh. This could probably be played in a "countryside" battlezone.

Overwiev
The Temple of Khaine spotted forces of the Cult of Slaanesh marching toward a city (or whatever desired). They decide to ambush the Slaaneshis and wipe them out quickly.
Probably other fluff.

Armies
The ToK player gets 2000 points of which at least 500 points have to be spend on "non ToK units" (warriors, Dark Riders, etc.).
The CoS gets 1500 points.

Battlefield
http://www.druchii.net/album_page.php?pic_id=1244
Terrain depending on the battlezone.

Deployment
The defender deploys his troops (inlcuding scouts) in the defender zone with all models facing the short table edge - away from the attackers.
After the defending units have been deployed the attacker deploys his units within the attackers' zone. He may deploy scouts anywhere on the table but not closer than 12'' to defending units.
Before the game starts the defender's scouts may make one free move.

Who goes first?
Both sides roll a d6. The attacker adds +1 to his roll. The player with the highest result decides who goes first.

Length of game
The game lasts 7 turns.

Special rules
At the beginning of each attacker's turn make a Ld test for each non ToK unit. If the unit fails the test it immidiately gets under control of the defender. The unit now counts as a defender's unit in all aspects.
The testing unit may use own Ld only. If there is a character within the unit it may either leave it or attack. If the character attacks, place it in contact with the unit's front. Remember that hidden assassin must leave or attack, as well!
This test is made before any charges are declared. Thus the unit may be charged, if possible.

Victory conditions
Count victory points as normal, ignoring table quarters.
The ToK player gets doubled victory points for a completely destroyed rebel unit.

Aftermath
Not sure.
Maybe this may give reinforcements to Cultist armies in adjacent battlezones if the Cult wins.
It's a conspiracy...
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

If there are no other scenarios to be done I'll do the sequels to "Raid the Temple" and "Into the Tower".
It's a conspiracy...
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

"countryside"

You mean dead trees, poisenous water and the odd black rock?

Cult of Slaanesh marching toward a city

A Siege force of 1500 points? :? Would be more of a large patrolling force or an ambush force itself.

at least 500 points have to be spend on "non ToK units" (warriors, Dark Riders, etc.).

Are Cold One Knights ToK or not? Is the ToK player allowed to use sorcereresses? And wouldn't flying creatures like Manticores and dragons be spotted before the attack?

So no shooting?

ToK units are: Assassins
Witch Elves
Executioners
CoB

Is that correct?
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Lethalis, Snotling Uniter wrote:
"countryside"

Yes.

A Siege force of 1500 points? :? Would be more of a large patrolling force or an ambush force itself.
As I said, probably other background. Maybe it could just be some reinforcements or part of the whole army.

at least 500 points have to be spend on "non ToK units" (warriors, Dark Riders, etc.).

Are Cold One Knights ToK or not? Is the ToK player allowed to use sorcereresses? And wouldn't flying creatures like Manticores and dragons be spotted before the attack?
This can be clarified, as soon as the ToK list is ready, so may take a couple of days.

So no shooting?
Exactly.

Witch Elves
Executioners
CoB

Is that correct?
There may be some other units in the ToK list. But if you want to use the basic list, that's correct.

But what about the scenario itself?
It's a conspiracy...
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Lethalis, Snotling Uniter said:
Quote:

"countryside"

Yes.

So nothing really else?

Quote:

A Siege force of 1500 points? Would be more of a large patrolling force or an ambush force itself.
As I said, probably other background. Maybe it could just be some reinforcements or part of the whole army.

Ok.

Quote:

This can be clarified, as soon as the ToK list is ready, so may take a couple of days.

Actually, I'm afraid it will take a week.

Quote:

So no shooting?
Exactly.

Good...I guess.

Witch Elves
Executioners
CoB

Is that correct?
There may be some other units in the ToK list. But if you want to use the basic list, that's correct.

So no Harpies or chariots?

Seems ok, maybe the attacker could have a small attacking force from the sideways. Otherwise, I like it.
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

"countryside"

To clarify this a bit: This battle may be fought in different parts of Naggaroth. Play it at a mountainside, ash wastes, rocky terrain, whatever you desire. I didn't give a specific terrain, yet, as this scenario may be played in different battlezones.

Witch Elves
Executioners
CoB

Is that correct?

So no Harpies or chariots?
Hm, maybe this should be clarified to certain units.
I suggest warriors, Dark Riders, RBTs, knights, chariots and corsairs.
What do you think?

Seems ok, maybe the attacker could have a small attacking force from the sideways. Otherwise, I like it.

Hm, will think about this. Maybe up to two cavalry units and 0-1 infantry?
It's a conspiracy...
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Get the Cauldron - Raid the Temple 2 (Skirmish)
After breaking through the hole in the temple wall, the attackers now reached the heart of the temple.
The cauldron is within reach - just the witches stand between the artefact and the followers of Slaanesh.

Models needed
Attacking forces (CoP):
  • 10 Devoted of Slaanesh
  • 1 Mistress of Devoted with Speed of Slaanesh (leader)
  • 1 Sorceress (Mark of Slaanesh, lvl 1, Heart-stone of Darkness, 1st spell of Slaaneshi lore)
  • In case the attackers won "Raid the Temple": 3 warriors with rxb
Defending forces (Khaine):
  • 1 Cauldron of Blood
  • 8 Witches
  • 1 Hag (Rune of Khaine)
  • In case the defenders won "Raid the Temple": 1 hero level witch Need ToK list here.

Battlefield:
36'' x 36''
http://www.druchii.net/album_page.php?pic_id=1247
The battle takes place within the heart of a Khaine temple.
The coloums should be placed 2" from one another.
Deploy the Cauldron according to the picture (4" from the defender's table edge).

Deployment:
Players deploy their models alternating with the attacker starting.
The deployment zones can be seen on the picture.

Who goes first?
Both players roll a d6. The player with the highest result decides who goes first.

Special rules:
The sorceress may try to cast her spell twice each turn but has no +1 modification on the second try.

Objectives:
The attacker wins if one of the following cases occur:
  • All defenders are eliminated (inlcuding cauldron guard).
  • The cauldron's guard is eliminated and the sorceress is in direct contact (still standing) with the cauldron and not in touch with an enemy model at the end of a defender's turn.
  • The defender gives up.
The defender wins if one of the following cases occur:
  • If 12 turns are played and the attacker didn't get any victory conditions.
  • The attacker gives up.

Aftermath:
The CoS has the cauldron - or not...
Last edited by Dark harlequin on Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a conspiracy...
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

I like this one... however, 2 tries to cast the spell? I'm not quite seeing that one... how about the sorceress gets the Black Staff instead of the Heartstone? So she can use any number of spells? And maybe Life taker if you feel it necessary.

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

In case the attackers won "Raid the Temple": 1 hero level witch Need ToK list here.
Don't you mean if the defenders won the last one?

- Nag
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Loremaster Nagathi wrote:
In case the attackers won "Raid the Temple": 1 hero level witch Need ToK list here.
Don't you mean if the defenders won the last one?

Yes, thanks. Updated. :)

how about the sorceress gets the Black Staff instead of the Heartstone? So she can use any number of spells? And maybe Life taker if you feel it necessary.

I didn't want her to become "magic heavy". She needs that ward save and I didn't want to give her a special ward save.
The second try was more or less just a suggestion.
The Slaaneshi magic isn't quite useful in skirmish, so I thought a second try wouldn't hurt.[/quote]
It's a conspiracy...
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

Well, if you are using the whip, well, that is probably one dead Witch Elf.

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

I like the scenarios :) Haven't read them all in detail but overall (as usual) I like them. I'll put myself into it in the following scenarios, I finally am getting a little better...

Anaryin

Oh, btw, the HSoD, why not the Wand of Something (that one of the CoS ). It's magical, it's CoS :P
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Oh, btw, the HSoD, why not the Wand of Something (that one of the CoS ). It's magical, it's CoS

She still wouldn't have a ward save. ;)
It's a conspiracy...
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Ahh, hmm, slaaneshi ward save.. well yep... there isn't other.. Ok then, HSoD all the way :) It's better than a made-up ward save.

Anaryin
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Opened new threads for each scenario, please discuss them in their threads.

This thread may still be used for new scenario ideas.
It's a conspiracy...
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

I dont want storm to be unleashed again. If You dont like idea simply say so.

As ToK project is halted, i come up with one thing.
In some of scenarios, especially those normal ones [not BP or skirmish] kind of ToK related
list could be used as an alternative for scenarios both new and standart- Attackers use normal DE list or alternatively ToK list presented below with opponents approval, note that it is not official etc. It is for ppl who dont want to think about ToK list on their own, and want to trz something different.
I invented it really simple, in few sentences, no expanding it further please, to be a standart box, rules template in scenario description:

"Highborns and Nobles have Rune Of Khaine for +25 ps. Highborn may not ride Black dragon. Neither High Sorc nor Sorc may be army general.
There may not be more magic levels than characters with Rune Of Khaine.
WE are mainstay unit as in Skaven AB."

Therefore list will be seriously limited by WE being mainstay and special, magic will be reduced and characters will have Rune Of Khaine which is sort of equivalent to frenzy rule.

What You think?
Druchii Discussion moderator.
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

hereąs scenario idea

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Ritual

Attackers: Druchii are Attackers
Defenders: Cult Of Pleasure or Chaos are Defenders.

...................................................................................
Alternatively Attacker may use ToK themed army list. U may invent it Yourself or use conditions and limitations presented below. Note that it is neither official nor properly playtested and u must ask for opponent’s permision to use it.

Use normal AB army list with following exceptions, U will also need Skaven AB for Mainstay Unit special rule details:

Highborns and Nobles have Rune Of Khaine for +25 ps.
Highborn may not ride Black dragon.
Neither High Sorc nor Sorc may be army general.
WE are mainstay unit as in Skaven AB.
...................................................................................

Overwiew:
Shades has discovered that encamped defenders’es leader is going to summon deamons to enforce future raids.

Armies:
Choose armies as normal of equal value. At least 25% of Defenders total army points value has to be spended on deamons and deamonic creatures. Attacker has to field at least one unit of Shades.

Battlefield: place large blast marker directly in centre of battlefiels, it represents The Circle. Place terrain in desired manner.

Deployment:

Defender deploys first within 18” of template centre, except deamons. All deamons are left aside, they will be summoned during battle.

Attacker’s units are placed next at least 18 inches away from Defenders.

Special Rules:
Summoning – CoP HSorcs, Annointeds or Sorcs which are in The Circle may summon deamons, chosen as above. The summoning spell works exactly as normal spell but with spell difficulty counted in following way:
1 point spell difficulty for deamon / deamonette,
2 points spell difficulty for mounted deamone / deamonette
3 points spell difficulty for each wound of multiwound creature ie. greater deamon.
[ie. if You want to summon 10 strong deamonette unit spell difficulty is 10+, if You want to summon 6 deamonettes and 3 mounted deamonettes, spell difficulty is 12+]

Summoned creatures which must form units, ie. deamons, mounted deamons which not fulfill minimum unit strength requirement must stay in circle and may not move untill minimum unit strength requirement will be fulfilled. However they wil fight when attacked. Then they move and fight as normal.

Summoners my place summoned models freely, adding them to units within the circle, unit must be same type ofc.

The Circle has no other effects, except Heart Of Darkness, models and characters may move freely over it.

The Circle vanishes and is destroyed when all CoP HSorcs are killed.

Heart Of Darkness – CoP Hsorcs and Sorcs within The Circle has special 4+ WS.

The Call Of Thirst – Mortal Defenders within 18” of The Circle’s centre are stubborn.

Who goes first:
Attacker goes first.

Length Of game:
5 turns, game ends in 6th turn on 3+, in 7th on 4+, in 8th game ends automatically

Victory Conditions:
Calculate VPs as normal, if Attacker menage to stop Ritual and destroy The Circle gets 500 VPs, if Defender summon all deamons gets 500 VPs.
Last edited by Iyagd on Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

It's a nice way to add Khaine to an army yes. Just don't make it too complicated :D However, the games, as L (Langmann) said, are to be played with GW-approved (spelling wrong..) lists only.
Anyway, that's a nice idea to give Khaine's-feeling to a list without make it complicated or complex.

Anaryin
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

Here’s another scenario idea.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Through The Underway

Attackers: Cult Of Pleasure or Chaos are Defenders.
Defenders: Druchii are Attackers

Alternatively Attacker may use ToK themed army list. U may invent it Yourself or use conditions and limitations presented below. Note that it is neither official nor properly playtested and u must ask for opponent’s permision to use it.

Use normal AB army list with following exceptions, U will also need Skaven AB for Mainstay Unit special rule details:

Highborns and Nobles have Rune Of Khaine for +25 ps.
Highborn may not ride Black dragon.
Neither High Sorc nor Sorc may be army general.
WE are mainstay unit as in Skaven AB.

Overwiew:
Two armies met in limited space of Underway / City alley / Blackspine Mts Valley, who wil go through?

Armies:
Choose armies as normal of equal value.

Battlefield: Battlefield is 60”-72” long and 48” wide however make a corridor at least 24” wide. Terrain on both sides counts as impassable (rocks, walls, buildings etc.). You may place few small terrain features within the corridor, maximum 6” large.

Deployment:

Deploy both forces as normal at the opposite end of corridor at least 18” from table’s edge.

Special Rules:

None shall pass! – both forces are stubborn and hates each other! Troops flee toward own deployment zone table’s edge.

Who goes first:
Roll d6 who goes first.

Length Of game:
The game ends when one of sides is completely wiped out.

Victory Conditions:
Side who wipe out enemy wins!
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Ok, I took some time and tried to think about some scenario's...I based most of this on the map at www.druchiicampaign.net.

What I noticed is that Karond Kar will be under attack very soon, as the Watchtower Patrols couldn't possibly hold out everything. So how about something like this:

Siege of Karond Kar

Attackers: Greenskins, CoP, Chaos
Defenders: Druchii with modefications

The modifications are thus:

-max of one Hero level mage allowed, she must take lore of beasts
-highborn on dragon only takes up one lord choice
-beastmaster on manticore only takes up single hero choice
-no shades, executioners, harpies or black guard
-following items are not allowed: Executioner's Axe, Crimson Death, Shield Of Ghrond, Deathmask, Crown Of Black Iron, Seal of Ghrond, Tome of Furion, Banner of Nagarythe due to their affinity with other cities and regions

The Siege has 3 scenarios:

-the initial siege
-fighting on the ramparts
-the gate

The initial siege will be a normal siege, with the attacker having twice as many points as the attacker etc etc. See the BRB for details, with the following exceptions:
-the attacker needs to get at least 20 models in the city. This part of the city does not have a gate so they will have to climb the walls.
-if the previous scenario (watch tower?) is won by defenders they can have boiling blood for free, as the ToK could prepare for it
-if the previous scenario is won by the attackers then then the defenders cannot use boiling blood or oil at all

The fight on the ramparts is a battle for the control of the gate managing system. This fight takes place on the walls of Karond Kar, using the Skirmish Rules. The battle is thus:
-all models that managed to climb on the wall before the end of the previous game will fight vs 20 City Guard models.
-if any model is knocked down at the edge of a wall or on any stairs, then roll a D6: on a 1-3 the model falls down, taking D3 S5 hits (I thought this was usual when a model fell using Skirmish rules, correct me if I'm wrong)

The Gate is the battle for control of the city, and is again a siege game, with the following modifications:
-if the FonR is won by attackers then the gate starts opened, with the surviving model(s) controlling the gate open-and-closing system in skirmish formation. They are immune to psychology as they are desperate to keep the gate open.
-if the defenders won the gate starts closed and reinforced for free, and any surviving models are in skirmish formation on the walls.
-the gate can be opened or closed by models in the Compulsory Moves phase, and the models doing so cannot cast spells nor shoot. If they are attacked they cannot close/open the gate. It takes at least 3 models to open/close the gate, and the opening/closing itself of the enormous gate takes 2 turns, after one turn enemy units can only pass it in a single column.

Special Rules: Karond Kar is guarded by the Harpies, dreaded beasts of Khaine. They guard Karond Kar and attack any enemy with their natural ferocity.

From the turn that blood has been spilled, ie a wound has been caused, the Harpies are attracted to the battle. On a roll of a 4+ they arrive. This rule goes for both the Initial Siege as The Gate scenario's.

So what do you think of it? Garbadge or worthwhile to think about it?
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Not that I'm impatient or so...but are there really no comments on this at all?
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Sorry, but siege does not seem to be very popular around Druchii.
As I said before, try a modified siege scenario and morph your ideas into one single scenario.
It's a conspiracy...
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

I don't know if we are also to do other races scenarios, but I'll give a head start. The Undead are landing right? (seems a space ship lol) We could try to do some scenarios just for that purpose, the landing of the ships.

Maybe we do it like the landing on albion?

Ideas?