Morathi's Role In The Conflict

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Morathi's Role In The Conflict

Post by Underway »

So Lady Morathi will be in an interesting postion in the Flesh and Blood Campaign (quite a good name for it BTW).

She is both the Leader of the Cult of Pleasure, a Devoted of Khaine and the Nominal head of the Convents. What role will she play? How will she play one side against the other to come out with the most power. What political favours and contacts can she claim or use to here advantage.

What I find interesting about this is that Morathi can essentially fight for any side she wants in a game. She can fight for the ToK against the CoP using her WE generalship abilities, or use the CoP against the ToK. The Convents look to her for Leadership but if they are being attacked by the CoP what would they do and how would Morathi react.

DE divisive nature comes into play here. There are more forces at work than just Morathi. She may be the Nominal head of the convents but many sorceresses are powerful and political in their own right. The ToK still has Hellebron, and I am sure a powerful Sorceress or KoS could challenge Morathi for leadership of the Cult or attack something that is considered her property for thier own goals.

What does everyone think about Morathi in the comming campaign?
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

I would really like to see Morathi and Malekith kind of sit this one out ... waiting on the sidelines to make sure they end up on the winning side ...

J
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Play both sides against the middle in Morathi's case. As she is a member of all the major players she can just come out at the end and claim victory... Makes sense, but I think we need to make sure then that her role, and that of Malekith is defined, so there is minimal confusion.
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

True, but I think we should keep it somewhat ... ambiguous at first and then see how it falls.

J
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

I am still confused as to what is going to happen to the Queen Mom after the SoC. It seems that shes taken a few thousand years to get into trouble again and I wonder how GW is going to fluff that one out.

Last time it appears Malekith used her as a whipping post and accepted her as his second in command later. Who really knows what is going on, and in fact that makes it more intersting.

Before we decide their roles, I think we'd better wait until the SoC is over and see what falls out of it. If no fluff happens, I agree with making them kind of sit back and be ambiguous. After all they end up on top regardless, and the cream must always rises to the top in Naggaroth...
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Agreed.

J