My Message to the 7th Convent Re: ToK List

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

My Message to the 7th Convent Re: ToK List

Post by Langmann »

Thank you for all your hard work. Please read my message to everyone. I was under the impression those people who worked on the list were the people assigned to it.

I will not be programming the campaign to include a ToK list. Since this has apparently caused such a 'kerfuffle' here I can only expect opponents to have the same various feelings about a list that it seems most of you have. Since such a list can only be opponent optional, and if many opponents decide not to play against it, it will ruin the campaign as well. The campaign must run smoothly or it will not run. My Campaign Manager was not happy with this idea from the start and I do not want to place pressure on him to deal with it later.

Obviously this has nothing to do with what you guys do, just that I will not be including any ToK list in the campaign. Another reason is that it is now weeks overdue.

The only lists approved for the campaign will be GW approved lists because they are legal. What people decide to do in their own homes is out of my control, how they run their battles as well. If they make up their own lists and run them I am completely happy, but I am not going to try and force something on people.

People will obviously be able to design ToK appropriate lists from the regular DE army book based upon the legal lists.

Thank you for your help. Please feel free to work on the scenarios for the campaign, the Campaign managers will request them as time goes on. I am very impressed with what Dark Harlequinn has been coming up with.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

So basically the ToK list as is, will be opponent optional. Otherwise you pick the ToK and fight for them using the standard DE list. Correct?
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

ToK list will not be included on the site at all ... if two people agree on something they want to use - so be it.

J
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

No ToK list on the site. If people want to make an optional fluffy ToK list and play against each other at home its fine, we shouldn't stop them. People can also make a fluffy ToK list from the regular DE list without too much difficulty.

Note: this doesn't prevent you guys from saying: from now on the Cauldron of Blood is an oponent optional core choice since a certain event happened: just like in the SoC.

I have already coded one battlesite to read "an Empire army may include one hero level wizard that can cast from the lore of Slaanesh. No preists are allowed." opponent optional of course but I think its interesting and wouldn't have a problem with it myself.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."