The Return of Nagash

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

The Return of Nagash

Post by Langmann »

I have been thinking about bringing back (resurrecting?) an old GW favorite for the Dnet campaign. Nagash.

I've been mulling over why the undead are drawn to Naggaroth and the southern reaches and I have been thinking that perhaps (since druchii did help start nagash on his original rampage) why not have him reappear in some form? Make a special character that undead armies can use in the campaign. Perhaps some foolish dark elf found in lustria, kept safe by the Slaans, an artifact that was best left alone....

GW seems to have ignored that guy for quite a while, so I think meddling with his fluff a tad wouldn't be a problem. After the campaign he or his spirit can fade away into forgotfullness again.

What do you think?
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

I'd be a bit skeptical ... simply because of how strong he is actually supposed to be. Perhaps an "avatar" of Nagash (which would basically be an Undead Greater Daemon) ... ?

J
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

jeffleong13 wrote:I'd be a bit skeptical ... simply because of how strong he is actually supposed to be. Perhaps an "avatar" of Nagash (which would basically be an Undead Greater Daemon) ... ?

J

Yes that is where I would be going with it. Not Nagash himself, but a part of him, perhaps a part of his soul that the Vampires and Tomb Kings are seeking.

This is to help provide a reason the VC and TK are even in Naggaroth in the first place. Some fluffiness for a reason to fight.

I will ask the initiatives to create his 'avatar' or 'soul' or whatever we want to call it.

Also in the Lizardman fluff on the GW website there is a VC who is terrorizing the lizards in the southlands. Perhaps we can write him into the fluff since GW seems to have forgotten about him during the SOC.

Luthor Harkon: http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warh ... efault.htm

Can you guys help me expand the fluff here?
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Here is what I am thinking, Luthor Harkon could be part of the Lizardmen battle site, he basically sends his forces to capture the same artifacts that the DE stole as they have done all the hard work for him.

As for the Nagash connection, during the great ritual not only were the TK awakend but the DE sorcerers that were imprisoned in the Black Pyramid as well. Due to their elvish nature and connections with Dark Magic they have retained their intelligence and some of thier magical abilites. Tho shades of their former selves they have escaped the Black Pyramid and returned to naggaroth. Seeing their houses destroyed over the ages or userpers of their rightful places in the DE nobility they are filled with rage and summon undead to reclaim their places in Druchii society.

Here is the hard part. What form of undead would these animated DE become? A wight (to fighty) a wraith (makes more sense as they are the animated spirits of wizards). However you would have to give the wraith at least one or two magic levels to represent their ability to create undead.

Perhaps a version of the Lich Priests that uses the same rules but is an interesting conversion. Just a few ideas. That way you get the Nagash campaign influence without some crazy Avatar of Nagash. Perhaps nagash has sent these DE sorcerers to do his bidding. Perhaps we can leave this hidden agenda open ended and see where the campaign goes with this idea....
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Underway wrote:Here is what I am thinking, Luthor Harkon could be part of the Lizardmen battle site, he basically sends his forces to capture the same artifacts that the DE stole as they have done all the hard work for him.

As for the Nagash connection, during the great ritual not only were the TK awakend but the DE sorcerers that were imprisoned in the Black Pyramid as well. Due to their elvish nature and connections with Dark Magic they have retained their intelligence and some of thier magical abilites. Tho shades of their former selves they have escaped the Black Pyramid and returned to naggaroth. Seeing their houses destroyed over the ages or userpers of their rightful places in the DE nobility they are filled with rage and summon undead to reclaim their places in Druchii society.

Here is the hard part. What form of undead would these animated DE become? A wight (to fighty) a wraith (makes more sense as they are the animated spirits of wizards). However you would have to give the wraith at least one or two magic levels to represent their ability to create undead.

Perhaps a version of the Lich Priests that uses the same rules but is an interesting conversion. Just a few ideas. That way you get the Nagash campaign influence without some crazy Avatar of Nagash. Perhaps nagash has sent these DE sorcerers to do his bidding. Perhaps we can leave this hidden agenda open ended and see where the campaign goes with this idea....

Perhaps these DE bodies are animated with a portion of Nagash's soul...

BTW I like the idea about Luthor and we'll make a separate Battlesite branching off of the main one if the Undead start playing in the campaign.
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Good ideas ...

J
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Perhaps these DE bodies are animated with a portion of Nagash's soul...

Jeez Nagash's soul is already scattered around the world, in his hand, his crown now reanimated DE :roll: .

Can't we just leave the whole Nagash's soul out of it and leave the DE sorcerers under his control or something. The Nagash's soul thing has been done to death IMHO.. ;)
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Nagash is a magic slut. ;)

I've handed the project over to the init's based upon your fluff, Underway. Lets see what they do.