Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:00 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Gav mentions the Druchii civil war in the SoC Final Fluff... 
Slave (off the Altar)

Yep, thats right. Hellebron has moved against the Temple of Slaanesh and Morathi has withdrawn her forces from Lustria to combat this growing threat. Gav even said something to the extent of "this may erupt into civil war if the situation is not brought under control".

Gav loves the Druchii, and Druchii.net :D

Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:18 pm
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

That is so freakin' cool :!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Highborn

It was a pretty obvious outcome anyway - bringing the Cult of Slaanesh out in the open had to have consequences.
So I'm not at all surprised... nor do I think this wasn't planned to happen from the moment they put the CoS list in the SoC book.

Just my opinion, though... =)

New Dragon Isle - http://dragonisle.drunok.org

Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:55 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
The Touch of Death

hmm, I surely wouldn't like it to be a full-scale civil war. I am of the strong believe that the Druchii are Lawfull (but evil of course, don't confuse lawfull and chaotic with evil and good) and therefore I think it is un-characterfull for them to plunge into chaos.
Mind you, I'm not saying Druchii shouldn't fight amongst themselves (duh, it's a way of live, and it keeps the race strong etc.), but I dun like a full-scale civil war. I'd much prefer the shadow war. It's so much more druchii-ish.
And it'd become really unacceptable for me if we were to become 'Chaos Elves' (not sure what'll happen tho, if the CoS wins).

Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:25 pm
Executioner

I agree with Z'Gahn - a civil war will just be bad for us.

I hope that Morathi wins - kills Hellebron and makes an uneasy peace between the ToK and CoS, sending the CoS into exile (or some nice sounding form of exile) in the North or in Lustria. What would be really bad is if we loose the CoS, Morathi and have a civil war that ruins the invasion of Uluathuan.

The way I've always seen it is that besides the cult & temple members the ordinary Druchii loyal to Malekith, dont care who wins out between the ToK and CoS (both terrorize the populance) as long as the DE are kicking the stuffing out of the HE!

Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:42 pm
Lord of Mod-Assassins

I cannot wait, since I will be playing both sides of the Druchii coin... the COS and the TOK... ehehehee! Christmas has come early!

Z

Join the DNet chatroom today!

Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:43 pm
Malekith's Best Friend

yeah, pretty cool. I also like the idea of a 'shadow war'.
Other than that, AloneAndBurned summed my thoughts up perfectly.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:47 pm
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

I emailed Gav earlier about the Druchii net online campaign that we are holding later at the end of september.

Hopefully with enough user interest it will gain attention from GW and perhaps we'll hear more about us.

Point is for the campaign to work we have to all participate and help each other.

While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."

Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:50 pm
Warrior

´Where did you get to know about that civil war thingy?

Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:51 pm
Highborn

....In my opinion CoP is about druchii manipulating chaos to do our bidding, it would be going way to far to start calling them "chaos elves"... that's my opinion at least, since we have always used chaos.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:52 pm
Hunter Of The Night

Coinciding with our civil war campaign soon this is an excellent opportunity to show everyone what a great site this is.

It's not exactly good for the Dark Elf race but it's great for this site. :D

Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:34 pm
The Warlord

I can't see a civil war happening unless it was Helebron's personal vendetta against Morathi.

Morathi is THE first witch elf and they owe allegiance to her and her alone. So I really can't see them going after her unless its some rouge faction Helebron has commanded to go against their master?

and fried Bill with fire
And that was the end of poor Bill.
----
Try out the Warlord at http://www.druchii.net/tbf/Warlord_v1.00.zip

Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:38 pm
Highborn

Firstly I dislike this to the extremes.

I can't see a civil war happening unless it was Helebron's personal vendetta against Morathi.

Morathi is THE first witch elf and they owe allegiance to her and her alone. So I really can't see them going after her unless its some rouge faction Helebron has commanded to go against their master?

Well, you also have to consider that Morathi now openly worships Slaanesh, and hence denounces Khaine. Not a good move for her popularity with the Khainites...

New Dragon Isle - http://dragonisle.drunok.org

Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:51 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Shade

Well, you also have to consider that Morathi now openly worships Slaanesh, and hence denounces Khaine

and when did she denounce Khaine?
Ever since the CoS came to prominece I noticed that many here have the idea that we can worship one and only One god. What's wrong with believing in more than one god?

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:09 pm
Spawn of Slaanesh

Location: Over the hills and far away (ie: In Norway somewhere)
Remember what happend the last time the elves had a civil war...

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:14 pm
Warrior

If hellebron attacks Morathi openly Malekith could take that as Family Insult! There would be ... Slaughter every Hellebrons follower could die in that...

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:23 pm
Trainee Warrior

Hello people? You dorealise that Khaine is just an aspect of Khorne, right? You know, Khorne, the guy that HATESSlaanesh?!?!? There is going to be a massive civil war in Naggaroth...otherwise we would end up taking over the lands of the High Elves and we can't have the High Elves out of the game now can we? :roll:

While I had fun playing the Cult of Slaanesh list during SoC, I am a puristDark Elf at heart and my forces in service of Glorious Khaine will lay waste to all the usurpers of Slaanesh! :twisted:

Malagoth

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:31 pm
Assassin

Malagoth, there have been many many threads debating if Khaine is Khorn. None have really found a conclusive answer.
Don't forget there is a third side to play in the civil war aswell. The "Peace Keepers".

Quote:
Remember what happend the last time the elves had a civil war...

Another Elven race, slightly darker Elves perhaps?

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:45 pm
Profile YIM
Malekith's Best Friend

You are mistaken on two fronts my friend.
1) Khaine is a seperate entity from Khorne
2) Khorne and Slaanesh only hate each other in 40k.

Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:50 pm
Trainee Warrior

You are mistaken on two fronts my friend.
1) Khaine is a seperate entity from Khorne
2) Khorne and Slaanesh only hate each other in 40k.

Ok, back the truck up...what do you mean Khorne and Slaanesh don't hate eachother?????? When did that change??? The animosity between the Chaos Gods was the ONLY reason they had never crushed the Old World before!

Hmmm, after perusing my copy of Hordes of Chaos I can't find any mention of the animosity... :( But there is a mention that Khaine could be a manifestation of Khorne. So, while I accept that I am in fact wrong on the second point(damned updates!) I won't concede the first one as in fact Khaine could just as likely be Khorne as a seperate entity.

Malagoth

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:56 pm
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Right, mala brings a good point. If he wants to think Khaine=Khorne, that's his choice. That is one of the reasons that the writers left the fluff open ended.

By the way, it would not mean Chaos elves. It would mean Elven Chaos.

Z

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:06 pm
Slave (off the Altar)

Ok no discussion about who is who en who dosn't like who and where they don't like each other, please.

Isn't that whole lawfull vs chaos thing uh...DnD?

And a civil war would be a good thing, a little bit of change couldn't hurt because the way DE have worked the last couple of thousend years hasn't had anny real affects on the war against Ulthuan.
Maybe we need some new leadership, how manny invasions (lead by malekith) have failed already?

New elven race he? Some years back there where rumours about ice elves maybe they have put them in the freezer waiting for an oppurtunity to come?

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:06 pm
Warrior

What's wrong with a civil war? It'd be an excellent opportunity to get some scenario-based playing in, maybe some new models, and who wouldn't love that? :)

-TCH

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:09 pm
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Besides, I'm working on the TOK list, don't tell me now that it is a bad idea.

Sniff... all that hard work.

Z

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:14 pm
Phlebotomist of Khaine

too long has her self indulgent quest for power left the Druchii without effective leadership or even the ability to rise above their own narcisistic masochism. Middenheim could have been taken by a united, puposeful Druchii with little to no blood lost if we had worked from our strengths of secrecy, unseen observation, infiltration, and quiet annihilation rather than the ignorant, forcefull, bloodbath that our less gifted allies prefer. If Malekith is unwilling or unable to admit these errors, or unable to release himself from his umbilical ties, then perhaps the Druchii nation needs leadership that is more willing to put the nations interests ahead of their own selfish desires. It is our pre-eminent domain to rule the elven kingdoms and by consequence the world.

Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:34 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next