The New Army List

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Cerulaetas
Highborn
Location: Behind you liek omg so whitty lolz I r unique lol!!11!1one wtf!

The New Army List

Post by Cerulaetas »

Some discrepancies I would like to have cleared up about the new Slavers army list (Great job btw!):

Can the Highborn and Noble in this list still ride in Cold One Chariots? If so, do the Cold One Chariots take up any particular force organization slot?

Are Highborns allowed to take Manticore mounts? Dragons are not allowed, and seeing as how a Manticore is a monstrous mount, it would make sense for it not to be allowed as well. If it's not allowed, would the manticore mount still be available to a beastmaster?

The rules for the # of RBTs allowed to be fielded are unclear. Does # mean that you may have 1 for each unit of Corsairs you have, and 1 for each open Special choice you have? For example, in a 2000 pt game, you have 3 units of Corsairs, so you may take 3 RBTs, even though you have 4 Special slots available. Or, does it mean that all Reaper Bolt Throwers take up 1 Special slot, no matter how many you have?

The Black Sea Dragons: do they have a base of 2 attacks? (just want to make sure). Also, is their initiative purposely 5, or should it be 6, like all other Elite Dark Elf combat units?

That is all for now, and thank you for putting so much time and effort into this site! :D
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:So, you're saying that dwarf ironbreakers in HTH combat are heavy cavalry?
You're wierd...
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Re: The New Army List

Post by Langmann »

Cerulaetas wrote:Some discrepancies I would like to have cleared up about the new Slavers army list (Great job btw!):

Thank you!

Can the Highborn and Noble in this list still ride in Cold One Chariots? If so, do the Cold One Chariots take up any particular force organization slot?

No, COC are not on the list, therefore cannot be taken. Thanks for pointing that out.

Are Highborns allowed to take Manticore mounts? Dragons are not allowed, and seeing as how a Manticore is a monstrous mount, it would make sense for it not to be allowed as well. If it's not allowed, would the manticore mount still be available to a beastmaster?

He can take a manticore.

The rules for the # of RBTs allowed to be fielded are unclear. Does # mean that you may have 1 for each unit of Corsairs you have, and 1 for each open Special choice you have? For example, in a 2000 pt game, you have 3 units of Corsairs, so you may take 3 RBTs, even though you have 4 Special slots available. Or, does it mean that all Reaper Bolt Throwers take up 1 Special slot, no matter how many you have?

Two each take up 1 special slot, like the army book BUT and you must also have a unit of corsairs for each. In a 2000 pt army the max you could have is 8 RBT but you'd have to have 8 corsair units as well.

The Black Sea Dragons: do they have a base of 2 attacks? (just want to make sure). Also, is their initiative purposely 5, or should it be 6, like all other Elite Dark Elf combat units?

That is all for now, and thank you for putting so much time and effort into this site! :D

They have 2A base (3 with the extra HW) at I5
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Cerulaetas
Highborn

Post by Cerulaetas »

Thank you, I might actually start using this army list if the others in my group approve of it and will let me. My forces tend to revolve around corsairs and dark riders alot (MSU) so the new Raiders rule for corsairs is excellent, though I'm not exactly sure how to make up for the lost witch elves (I normally take 2 units + CoB) and the lost chariots. Any advice?

I was thinking I could definitely take a unit of those new badass Black Sea Dragons, though that would only make up for one of those units. I don't particularly like the ideas of slaves, I don't use execs too much, or shades, or RBTs. *has idea* Mengil Manhide's Manflayers are allowed, correct?

Alright, now here's a massive ethical problem I have with the list. Skaven have 2 point slaves with leadership 2, which can be boosted to leadership 5 with their "strength in numbers" special ability, then to leadership 9 or 10 if within range of a grey seer or warlord. However, our slaves can just automatically be upgraded to leadership 8 for 10 pts, which makes it completely feasible to take one gigantic unit of slaves, and stretch it across the whole board as a meatshield. All you probably actually need to make it effective is 30 slaves, which will cost you 100 pts with leadership upgrade. That'll take any non-seaguard/woodie shooting list at least 2 turns to deal with, and it'll even be hard to do 25% casualties to cause a panic test.

So, my question is: was this intentional? or is it an oversight that was overlooked and should be dealt with somehow? Fluffwise, it would be extremely hard for 1 beastmaster to keep 30 models in one straight organized line (considering they're drugged), so it may need an additional rule, perhaps call it "organization", which states the the maximum width of a rank is 10, or something along that line.
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:So, you're saying that dwarf ironbreakers in HTH combat are heavy cavalry?
You're wierd...
Mornar shethurith
Malekith's Speechwriter
Location: Probably throwing electronics around the room in frustration.

Post by Mornar shethurith »

Could someone tell me what the Slaver list is, and where I can find it?
"Life is just getting ready to stay dead for a long time."
--Addie Bundren, As I Lay Dying
Anthrax
Corsair

Post by Anthrax »

it is under army list on the druchii campagin website
You owe nothing to the old god, he is the one who ensure your humiliation and slavery.
Only the power of Slaanesh can bring glory to the Druchii, embrace it.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Cerulaetas wrote:Thank you, I might actually start using this army list if the others in my group approve of it and will let me. My forces tend to revolve around corsairs and dark riders alot (MSU) so the new Raiders rule for corsairs is excellent, though I'm not exactly sure how to make up for the lost witch elves (I normally take 2 units + CoB) and the lost chariots. Any advice?

The Black Sea Dragons could make up for the witches here to a degree, also the execs could help in the role of lost chariots.

I was thinking I could definitely take a unit of those new badass Black Sea Dragons, though that would only make up for one of those units. I don't particularly like the ideas of slaves, I don't use execs too much, or shades, or RBTs. *has idea* Mengil Manhide's Manflayers are allowed, correct?

Mengils are allowed of course! Having Mengil and Lharek the Lame in the same list might cause trouble between the two of them. Of course they probably get along fine as long as the other stays away from the other's bounty...

Gee there is a thought, imagine those two thugs in the same bar?

Alright, now here's a massive ethical problem I have with the list. Skaven have 2 point slaves with leadership 2, which can be boosted to leadership 5 with their "strength in numbers" special ability, then to leadership 9 or 10 if within range of a grey seer or warlord. However, our slaves can just automatically be upgraded to leadership 8 for 10 pts, which makes it completely feasible to take one gigantic unit of slaves, and stretch it across the whole board as a meatshield. All you probably actually need to make it effective is 30 slaves, which will cost you 100 pts with leadership upgrade. That'll take any non-seaguard/woodie shooting list at least 2 turns to deal with, and it'll even be hard to do 25% casualties to cause a panic test.

So, my question is: was this intentional? or is it an oversight that was overlooked and should be dealt with somehow? Fluffwise, it would be extremely hard for 1 beastmaster to keep 30 models in one straight organized line (considering they're drugged), so it may need an additional rule, perhaps call it "organization", which states the the maximum width of a rank is 10, or something along that line.

(For those who haven't looked Dark Elf slaves are 3 points and I2 even worse than skaven ones.)

The thing we think, and what I have found is that large units of these kind of slaves (as you point out those damn skaven can easily have ld10 slaves and ld10 is way better than ld8), turn out to be a big waste of points. They get no command or champion, so the best they get is ranks and number. They are so easy to break because they are worse fighters than Skaven slaves (no shield, no spear, no armour, no musician) that they start to cost you a lot by having large units of them when they start breaking from even fast cav hits on the side. A big line of them doesn't even get ranks and can be broken by a hit of fast cav.

Also big units of them really get in the way, the DE army depends on mobility and this big block preventing you from maneuvering is a pain in the ass.

I have found that the best size is small units that I use as screens against missile shooting and magic missiles, and as bait or roadblocks. Otherwise, since they always break and die so easily, you start to lose points by getting big blocks killed.

Thinking about that this way, to a DE as a slave is literally walking cash, you wouldn't want to sacrifice too many of them to get the job done, just enough that is necessary. Using too many slaves is represented by army composition points, of which the loss of many units of slaves can cost you the game!

Also remember that you cannot have more DE slave units than corsair units and that the DE slave units do not count as core choices. So it is hard to have a huge slave army.

But try it out in a couple of games and let us know what you think. There is no reason that it cannot be changed with time and opponent opinion.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Cerulaetas
Highborn

Post by Cerulaetas »

Sorry, don't know the fluff for Mengil. I don't even really know the rules for him, though I've heard that most enemies will have a -8 penalty to shoot at the unit. Is that true? Currently from what I've gathered about the unit, most enemies will have only a -3 penalty, not -8.

A few things about skaven slaves and dark elf slaves that I've observed. First, you can't give skaven slaves light armor. Also, giving them shields and spears will double their points cost, which means that you have a 6+ armor save, fighting in 2 ranks, which really isn't going to do much. My common skaven opponent has found it to be a much better idea to just not upgrade the slaves at all, except for musician.

About the dark elven slaves: our slaves are much more independant, which is perhaps even more dangerous. Reason being, with movement 5 on everything, they can easily become a threat in 2 turns to the enemy, and the enemy can't shoot at anything but the slaves. Also, setting up just a little ways behind the slaves with everything else still allows all the footsloggers to hit combat by turn 3 at the latest (unless playing against a non-engagement list). Another thing, fleeing with the slaves can be an excellent idea, since they rally on leadership 8. So, you've got your slaves in position at the end of your turn 2, in front of all your footsloggers, with your dark riders galloping around the edges to harass. What can they charge? the slaves. what can they shoot? the slaves and DR. IF they charge the slaves, the slaves flee, cause panic in 0 dark elf units, and they expose all the dark elf units to charge the next turn (though also to shooting, unfortunately. oh well, can't have everything can you?). Since all charges need to be declared at the same time, it's not like the opponent can charge anything else (unless he has the brains to do a redirected charge). And from there, your troops should be relatively unscathed when they hit the enemies.

Yes, fast-cav can break the slaves, so set-up is important. Ideally, spearmen and corsairs should be lined up about 5" away from the slaves, so that on an average roll the slaves may hide between the units of warriors and corsairs, thus making it so that they may not be eliminated in an overrun, and also making an overrun option from fast-cav much less feasible.

That's how I see things, but I really haven't played that much fantasy at all (probably less than 10 full-sized games so far) so it's entirely possible that I have no clue what I'm talking about. Yeah.
You're wierd...
Cerulaetas
Highborn

Post by Cerulaetas »

This needs to be changed:

Lharek must be accompanied by a unit of t least 9 Black Sea Dragons, which includes a Standard Bearer and Musician and counts as a rare choice.

if you notice, it says that the Black Sea Dragons accompanying Lharek count as Rare choices, though in the unit profile, and in the list, it specifies that the Black Sea Dragons are an 0-1 special choice.
You're wierd...
Vagi
Warrior

Post by Vagi »

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=27026

i made an armylist for the tempel of khaine. take a look plz ;)
If my game-style doesn't hit you hard, than my english will do so. :D
Wenn Euch mein Spielstil nicht umhaut, dann tut es mein Englisch.