Fade to Black

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Fade to Black

Post by Langmann »

Now that things are gearing up I am going to be gearing down. I will be helping jeff until Underway is done getting married but it will be on a fill in basis if he needs me.

Just doing the web support is enough work to keep me busy for this campaign, trying to do the fluff and all the rest would be a full time job. So that is why I asked for you two to be in charge of the campaign, I think I already mentioned that.

I originally asked you guys to run the campaign as you guys are well respected on this site and the community. My personal opinion is that you both are smart and creative and good managers of this. Basically I made it so that you would be the only ones who had control, most of the other admins consented to this.

From time to time things may get busy, feel free to ask me to step in. I am basically an admin here now and have all the powers. Do not let anyone push you around, you are in charge and the fate of this campaign is yours to steer. If you don't like something the initiatives have given you, for example, tell them you want changes. If someone isn't willing to cooperate, let me know immediately and the rest of the admins and I will deal with that directly. Don't bother to waste your time on lengthy arguments, your word is the law, and is final. If someone isn't willing to play ball then they can play somewhere else. Obviously you guys have a lot of power because of this, so I am sure it will be used in a mature way. I have no problems being the heavy and kicking someone off the team who isn't willing to play ball. I am sure this won't happen, but I just wanted to let you know that you guys are in charge of the campaign.

Since I will be fading into the web programming role, you'll have to step forward and take up the slack with getting the campaign on track. I think we have some priorities to clear up, here are my suggestions, feel free to add to it.

1. We need good advertising. This site has a Ambassador intiative that is supposed to advertise for the site. You guys should ask Vorchild to get them started up about 2 weeks before it starts, get them posting on the GW MSGB, Portent and other Forums.

2. Any recognition we can get from GW is awesome. Coverage by WD is a bonus. Any work towards that will help the campaign.

3. We need to clear up the mechanics of the campaign. I will be posting another thread here about what I sent to Z'Gahn for the campaign booklet so we can discuss further.

4. The campaign booklet is being constructed by Z'Gahn and MDK. MDK is coming back around Sept 20. Make sure that they get an acceptable booklet out for the end of September. Also you might want them to reproduce Grogsnots huge article in the last monthly about the Cauldron of blood and ToK lists in the booklet.

5. Work with Ulthuan.org. I have been watching their forum and it gets good hits. Entharon is the leader of Ulthuan.org and he is a member of the Worker Bee forum. As DE and HE are linked in a lot of ways it would be cool to make a good deal about their fluff as well, and intertwine it with the campaign. It can only help recruit more people into playing the game. As such we have to make it fair for them. Complete destruction of Arnhelm is a no-no just as complete destruction of Naggaroth is by the HE. However tearing down the walls and ravaging the city is a fine outcome (if the DE can pull it off) as long as the city is somehow finally rescued by say a large contingent of HE.

6. The ToK list should be finalized soon. Work with Vorchild on a good list that people might actually use. Make sure they get it done.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

One more thing to add about working with the initiatives. Make sure that you guys make a collective decision in this forum before telling them you want them to do something or answering one of their questions. That way you provide a clear mandate for them.

Also I do not want them running the campaign, too many cooks will spoil this brew. Give them leeway to make fluff up but make sure you monitor their product.

I don't want them getting any wrong impression that they can control the game because you let them write some fluff or make up some rules. See what I mean?
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Understand - good points all.

Thanks
J
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Ready Aye Ready... lets get the advertizing ball rolling ASAP as the campaign starts in 3 weeks or so, we should at least have a week to get a group of advertizing posters etc... ready.
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

I will see if the US Website will run a quick thing as well ...

J