The Almost Nagash Issue - Fluff idea

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

The Almost Nagash Issue - Fluff idea

Post by Anaryin »

First of all, sorry if I'm posting and I shouldn't be but I feel this is a subject that should be agreed by all of us before continuing.
During the development of the character which we called Ker'tharidon, we came up with an extremely original idea but that may prove hard to get tested on time and hard to explain by fluff parameters. That rule is Possession and allows the character to change body, travelling across the board, to wherever he wants and whenever he wants. Some members of the Convent thought it would be better to drop the idea because it would not fit the character however I find it too precious to let it escape. In order to please everydoby and to add a certain degree of complexity to the sub campaign of the TK's as well (call it that way if you want) I thought of a simple plot to make this work nice and smoothly.
Basically we would create two versions of the character, much as Valten I, II and III, that would appear in different occasions of the campaign. The story is like this:

The spirit of Ker'tharidon has been awakened during the great ritual of the awakening and has wandered, in spirit form, through the wastes of the Southlands. Imbued with a part of Nagash's spirit, it was drawn to the Slaan's land, Lustria, in order to complete the process of having a complete phisical form. There he acknowledged that he needed an artifact in order to accomplish his plans.
A Black Ark that raided Lustria took that artifact and returned to Naggaroth. Ker'tharidon went to one Ark and possessed the captain/high sorceress in order to get to the Land of Chill and then, grab the artifact. He killed the entire crew and made them his TK army (better than having a TK army marching from the south).

[insert battles and plot in Naggaroth here]

Eventually, his true nature was uncovered and his corporeal form (the captain) killed but his spirit escaped. He then returned to the army battlestation and decided to launch a final attack on the place where the artifact is (maybe a siege battle).

-------

So, in the first part, the character will be a simple TK High Priest with a Dark MAgic spell and probably a single rule to make it cheap and simple. In the last part, as his body was destroyed, he will have to possess TK bodies (undead) and as such, they are weaker and less stable, thus the reason why he can change bodies - the bodies won't last much with him inside them.

I know this will counter the fluff you've written but, correct me If I'm wrong, in the "official fluff" of the Southlands territory you only say "undead fleet". This "fleet" could be Luthor Harkon's fleet and not Ker'tharidon's.

I suggest this because it will make us have a cheap character because the way we were making him, it was costing like 500 pts.. :?

Do you agree with this? Feel free to tear it up :)
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Let's not create any more special characters just yet ... we'll see how it goes.

J
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Jeff, actually, it was your request :lol: Langmann asked us for rules and the CoP for fluff on this "almost-nagash".
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

I want to wait and see how interested the VC and TK will be before putting him out, however. If you want to keep working him up, that's fine ... let's just keep him under wraps for the moment.

J
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Great then :) But anyways, can he be this way? It's just that I need to know that if we are to continue him.. And that would be great cause we would have plenty of time to test him properly.
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Let's see what he comes up as ... and don't be shy about making a 500 pt character. Special Characters should be a bit on the expensive side, if you ask me.

J
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

We've done it. If anyone wants to have a look at it, perfect. Also, we have done some other scenarios, are they going to be used? Because I've told DH to convert them to normal scenarios so that they can be published in the monthly and played like "normally" between any army..
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Also, I forgot to mention. Tiamehk, the archi-rival of Lonicera, thus the second in command for the Temple of Khaine is ready, playtesting and will be published in the next Monthly. If you guys have anything against it, shoot.
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Ok, the next fluff will open the door for the "almost Nagash"

J
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Listen, I want you to know this:

The Character is divided in two parts:

1) Character is a Dark Elf that is possessed (I can get details of our fluff later) and that sails to Naggaroth to try and recover an artifact that will enable him to restore his full powers

2) Seeing as he can't conquest the city/army/whatever that has the artifact, he makes a mistake and slips his identity (to elven intelligence the slight thing is enough). An assassin kills his corporeal form but his spirit escapes. The character in now a spirit with the Posession rule.

If you want details on both, please say and I'll post them here. The 2nd part is still being done but it will take only a week or 2.