Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Campaign Mechanics - System

Post by Langmann »

Battlereports

I have made the battlereports automatically report to an email account which Nagathi will be assessing and doing the statistics for you hopefully every day or so. He will also update the map as you request.

Each battlesite's control is represented by a multicolored percentage bar.

A basic system we could use is this:

Have a seed number for each battlesite depending on its relevance. IE 50 for the Wrath Gate. Every DE/HE victory reported is 1 point (or 10 if it is validitated by a opponent report). Then to determine the final percentage you would do this.

ie 1 DE victory = 1 point

((seed + DE victories) / (total DE and HE points and seeds))*100% = percentage victory for DE.

((50 + 1)/(1+50+50))*100% = 50.5% DE

The higher the seed, the harder it is to move a sites intial percentage bar.

However there are problems with general victories, eventually they stalemate as the reports go up. In order to keep the campaign smooth and strategic, certain sites should influence other sites.

ie: Khaine victories in Ghrond affect Khaine victories in nothern wastes and southlands. So you can add percentage to the win bar based upon that. For example the Khainites in ghrond are really handing it to the Slaanesh there, so you add 10% to the Khainite bar in the norhern wastes bringit it from a victory point result of 55% to a victory point and fluff influenced total of 65% and bringing the Slaaneshi down from 45% to 35% consequently. Play with the percentage bars and when you do so sometimes report it in the fluff reports. It will make the players start to really plot.

This way breakthroughs are possible by working other sites.

Also if a site starts to bottleneck because a lot of battles are being reported for either side, we can split a battlesite into two sites giving the players opportunities to flank each other and push through. In the fluff you report that such huge battles have enabled this opportunity. Mechanics wise the players have now two sites to choose to fight in and therefore one team can flood one site and overwhelm it.

Another possibility to affect a breakthrough is suddenly bring the seed down to a small level and tell the players in the fluff that a breach in both lines has occured. Each player's battles will now count for more than usual and therefore you can make a site seem more intense.

Each day Nagathi will compile the stats and send you guys a report as well as update the battlepage based upon the victory stats. You guys will assess the stats and tell him any further artificial modifications of a sites stats that you want him to make and he is supposed to do it.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

I also think players should be able to regain sites that were overrun. I do not think this campaign should work in one direction like the SoC did. Therefore it is entirely possible that the entire campaign will involve taking and retaking sites over and over again.

In order to prevent that from becoming boring I am sure that we can throw in wrenches at times.

Anyhow if you think a site should get overrun, think up a new battesite location and let me know and I'll have it on the web. Feel free to keep the game fluid.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

What are we doing for initial seeds? What numbers for currently posted battle sites?

It will also depend on how many folks will enter. In general, I am leaning towards keeping all battles at 1 pt each for the first week or two to allow the campaign to escalate a bit more slowly. This will also allow us to get a better handle on overall numbers before getting to some of the more critical battlefields.

J
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

jeffleong13 wrote:What are we doing for initial seeds? What numbers for currently posted battle sites?

You guys decide.

It will also depend on how many folks will enter. In general, I am leaning towards keeping all battles at 1 pt each for the first week or two to allow the campaign to escalate a bit more slowly. This will also allow us to get a better handle on overall numbers before getting to some of the more critical battlefields.

J

Good idea.