Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Cast of Characters

Post by General kala »

I have been breathless with anticipation about this campaign. My mind is all aswirl with scenario games, backstory fluff, artwork projects and other assorted ideas. But I'm also totally curious about what everyone else is thinking. Most signigifcantly, I'm dying to know all the various factions and characters involved. I want to know what eveyone else is daydreaming about.

Soooooo, I figured I'd start a thread to introduce everybody's character/faction in this campaign. I'm not looking for "Khaine or Slaanesh?" or "Morathi or Hellebron?". I just want to know the basics about everyone's idea of what part they will be playing in this little war. Keep it short and sweet.

Of course I'm obligated to start off, so here we are:

Name of General and/or Faction:
General Kala Kodai Velari commanding the Black Lotus Brigade

Attitude toward the civil war:
This is a complete waste of time and resources. We are Druchii first and foremost. While we bicker, the Asur are festering like nurglings in our land.

Short bio/story/description (stress on short):
House Velari is neutral and not in favor in either camp. The Black Lotus troops are also purposefully unaligned, undesireable and very nearly considered traitors. Kala was given the command as a method of keeping House Velari and The Black Lotus out from underfoot of the rival factions. But the combined resources of House Velari and the fortitude of the rag-tag troops have made the Black Lotus Brigade into an unexpectedly formidable force.

Link to your personal fluff: (there you can go nuts)
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=27169

Ok people let's have it! I'm looking forward to your responses.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Name of General
Altharia, the Deceiving One

Name of Faction
Cult of Slaanesh, Northern Division

Short Biography
Well, most of it was covered in the August Monthly (pretty long), but if you put it simple:
nagathi was kicked out from his city together with his sis, his mum, and his dad because he showed signs og being slaaneshi worshipper. They settled in a village northwest, but it got invaded by a chaos war band. Nagathi's parents were both slaughtered, but he himself got possessed by Slaanesh's spitir and told the daemons to leave that place. He became The Daemonwhisperer and he swore a life-long oath to never forgive the chaotic forces for what they've done. Morathi took his sister under protection in her convent, while Nagathi had to survive on his own in the wuilderness for a few millennia. he became an anointed with the powers of Slaanesh surging through him. Now he fights together with his sister again. Travelling through the chaos wastes on a search for vengeance.

Link to your personal fluff
http://www.druchii.net/monthly/issues/Aug04.pdf
See page 42 - 49

Nagathi
The Daemonwhisperer
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

Draedeath of Yirarnokh / Warrior House Yirarnokh
Further cast:
- Siorsha, Beastmistress
- The Twins: Vada and Thiannay, Sorceresses
- Kel´Uriath, Assassin

There´s no way the druchii society can accept any official cult of slaanesh, and even the illegal cults should be terminated wherever possible. being a slaaneshi worshipper is being a traitor to the druchii.

Short bio/story/description:
Draedeath started out as a warrior in his house, and made his way up into the nobility by his fighting and manipulating skills.
he won the right to lead an army of Warrior House Yirarnokh, and has also been sent on various missions as an agent for the house.
he had been born to a smith, but had decided to become a warrior early on, and his faith in Khaine, though he is no fanatic, is beyond doubt.

Link to your personal fluff:

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=27415 <--recent events

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=27131 <--beginnings of my generals career.

both stories are not yet completed and will be updated.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Black hydra
The Warlord

Post by Black hydra »

Name of General: Vistarion

Point of View: Vistarion has held druchii bases afar for many years and has come back to his homeland to see it in turmoil. He remains loyal to Malekith and will side with him no matter his choice.
There once was a High Elf named Bill
He went out and fought with all his will
Along came the hydra
and fried Bill with fire
And that was the end of poor Bill.
----
Try out the Warlord at http://www.druchii.net/tbf/Warlord_v1.00.zip
Jhaelrnya
Highborn

Post by Jhaelrnya »

Name of General and/or Faction: Jhaelrnya Do'Kahn, Head of House Do'Kahn, General of the Ever Victorious Dark Host.

Attitude toward the civil war: Eager to regain her place as 'Malekith's Pet General', she will be fighting for the Khainite loyalists, as well as to crush any Asur who try to take a hand.

Short Biography Having once been Malekith's 'pet" general, she was betrayed at the Unicorn Gate by Malus Darkblade, he having warned the High Elves of the attack. Met with stiffer resistance than anticipated, or even th9ought possible, her forces were pushed back. And so she was consequently pushed out of the Witch King's favour. Her fleet, at it's head the Black Ark Blade of Khaine, is headed back to Naggoroth. Word of approaching Asur keeps her and her crews on high alert.

http://forum.worldofchaos.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=556

*Note-Jerlys, her sister, is now her second in command*
Last edited by Jhaelrnya on Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rork wrote:Because you are bound to turn up to battle dressed as a Christmas tree. I don't like people who condone the trade in Fir.

I'm back! But so very tired...
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Name of General: Lonicera, the Dark Princess

Attitude towards the Civil War:
The time of Khaine is over. The reign of Slaanesh is about to begin...

Character bio;
Born to a noble family in Avelorn before the Sundering, she became Morathi's right hand High Sorceress. Now effectively in overall command of the CoP armies (second only to Morathi herself in power within the cult). Bears the Mark of Slaanesh.

Loyal to Slaanesh first, and anybody else second. Possibly has a secret hidden agenda. Tortured soul - often seems homesick. Would like to return to Avelorn one day, but knows that she probably never will.

Link to personal fluff:
http://www.druchii.net/monthly/issues/Jul04.pdf
(pages 44-51)
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Scion of naggaroth
Noble

Post by Scion of naggaroth »

Name of General Zaknafein

Attitude towards the civil war: Conflicting loyalties

Charatcter bio:
The ruler of house Do'Urden, he has a sister in the cult and is torn between his loyalty to his house and his king
Group 20
Alidith Du'Sletch

(WS) 5 (S) 4 (T) 2 (D) 4 (I) 4

Skills; 2 weapon fighting, Uncontrollable frenzy

Equipment; Longsword, Dagger, Winter cloak, Map of an Estate, Letter, 150 gold coins
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

LOVE IT! :mrgreen: Keep 'em coming! The background fluff links are really good as well.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Name:Valtor

division:any army that will fight agaisnt Arkrath's

attitude towrads civil war:must KILL ARKRATH!

bio:Valtor is the son of malekith but he doesnt know it in fact the only 2 people who know it are morathai and malekith he was trained by shadow blade in secrecy. he recently came back from lustria seeking revenge on the now druchii anoited Arkrath who drank a keep of secrets blood. Arkrath then slayed the sorceeress valtor loved and valtor has taken a solem vow not to rest until Arkrath's head is held firmly in his hand
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Name: Vice Admiral Lord Magelan Underway

Division: Niether... or perhaps ...

Attitude towards the war: cares nothing for the cult strife but is assigned by Malekith to keep the sea lanes open for the transfer of slaves and provisions to the war in Ulthuan.

Bio: Born in Clar Karond Magelan quicky became an excellent rider and shot. Advancing throught the Corsair ranks he was the second youngest Druchii in history to attain the Rank of Corsair Captain. Known for his bold manouvers and shrewd tactical sence his is a born seaman and fights the enemies of the Dark Elves wherever the winds (of magic) take him.
Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

Cast:
Lady D'Ceit, Priestess of the Convent of Pleasure
Painlust Caress, The Icon of Pleasure

Faction: Cult of Slaanesh, looking for Allies

Attitude towards the war:
Lady D'ceit is coming back to her homeland after a disastrous foray into the swamps of Lustria only to find her home in upheaval and fanatic Khainites out for her blood. She is fighting for her survival, always fearing the enigmatic Painlust Caress, a Druchii Anointed sent to her by Morathi herself on an unknwon agenda.

Bio:
Lady D'ceit is a recent convert to Morthis cause, having been blinded by the idea of magical treasures to be had in Lustria. After a gruesome campaign that cost her almost half of her followers and made her doubt the half-demons loyalties, she is fed up with the war but is forced in the next one...
I waste him with my boltthrower!
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Cast:
Aesenar Enthardon Alar, Prince of Nagarythe

Faction: Asur

Intercepted a courier vessel delivering the news of the civil war to the Phoenix King, and upon hearing the news has pledged and active role in utilizing the civil war to the asur's benefit.

Bio:
Enthardon is one of the two surviving descendents of Alith Anar - his grandfather. He has most recently fought in the Storm of Chaos, unsuccessfuly eliminated Clan Eshin.
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Fireblade
Warrior

Post by Fireblade »

Well in fact i am not sure yet. I will probably be playing 2 characters.

Name of General
Nachri, champion of eataine

Name of Faction
High elves, the asur, hunting druchii

Short Biography
Lord nachri is the son af an old elf lord, the ruler of tor ilthar. He had one brother, ellydian. At young age, they were sent to lothern to the phoenix king. There they learned how to battle. When they both became adult, Ellydian was gifted a magical talisman and Nachri was given a shield. They quickly rose into the ranks of the seaguard and soon Nachri became commander of a hawkship. Ellydian was his second in command. They raided the coasts of the badlands, in an attempt to save any prisonners. But soon, Nachri was called back to lothern, Ellydian remained to command the ship. In lothern, Nachri was given a special mission. He was granted a group of seaguard and five ships and his goal was to sail to a mystical isle called Albion. He quickly set sail and he landed on the west coast, where a large empire force was established. With the seaguard reinforcments , the empire drove quickly towards the mystical bastion of the old ones. There they came, and they managed to get some important artefacts. Nachri found a golden suit of armour, wich he wears on this day. He retreated quickly towards his ships, but when he was at sea, he was attacked by 2 monstrous beasts, commanded by the vile druchii. They sunk 2 of his ships, but thanks to the massed fire of his seaguard, the beasts retreated. The last seaguard remained with nachri untill now. They form his bodyguard, the fabled phoenix phalanx. Nachri went back to lothern, were he found his brother, crippled because of the big club of an orc warlord. His brother gifted him with his amulet, when he wears this amulet, he thinks his brother is with him and he fights with the strenght of 2. In lothern, he was able to chose a weapon from the great armouries from lothern. He chose a magnificent blade. It is like there is a real spirit in the sword, guiding nachri's hand with a speed unthinkable to his opponents. Quickly nachri set sail to hunt the orc warlord, named glanash. Finally he met him at the edge of the marshes of madness. The battle was over in a couple of minuts, the stupid orcs were no match for the tactical skills of nachri and the discipline of his army. In a few minuts, most of the orcs lay headless on the plain. Nachri went back to lothern. There he remained at the court of the phoenix king. He was dispatched to fight in middenheim. He went to middenheim and he defended the northern causeway. Even though half his army was dead, the wall remained under his control. When the battle was over, he went back towards lothern and he remains there, commanding his army against anyone who dares to threaten his beautiful province. Now he went to Arnheim to support enthardon.

The other one will be

Name of General
Melkar, aspiring champion of chaos undivided.

Name of Faction
Chaos ally of the cult of slaanesh

Short Biography
As the sun of a chieftain , Melkar was trained by the highest standards. He saved the armies standard as they were ambushed and from then on, he has drawn th attention of the gods, all the gods. Nurgle killed his father so that he could rule. He commands his marauders with an iron hand. In battle he can always be founded where the fighting is the fiercest. He leads his army of chaos undivided to wherever his gods sent him.
I hope the druchii don't think they can stand a chance against the combined power of the high elf provinces.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Name: Lord Executioner Kheal Vraneth

Divison: Loyal Servant To The Temple of Khaine

Attitude towards war: Hatred to Lady Morathi and the Cult of Pleasure for trying to force his sister to join the Cult.

Bio: 3rd Son of Kurl Vraneth of Har Ganeth. Khael and his twin sister Lelith were both very skilled with blades and trained together regually from a very young age until Lelith was sent to be trained in the art of sorcerery. After that Khael trained alone. Khael is surprisingly well built for an elf being both tall and broad. he was accepted into the legions of the executioners and quickly rose up through the ranks until he became equall with the high executioner Tullaris. Armed with a mighty black draich and a powerful stone of protection he fought against the asur on albion with his elder brothers Drukh and Khaleth, and gained glory by holding a charge of dragon princes by himself the asur general before he was beheaded described Khael "a immovable wall of armour that one is."
Now Returning from Lustria where he was leading a expedition under Vice Admiral Lord Magelan Underway. He finds turmoil all around him as a civil war rages between the forces of Khaine and the Cult of Pleasure, His first task upon returning was to take up the Lordship of Har Ganeth due to the fact that his Brother Khaleth has gone to join the Cult of Pleasure whilst he was in lustria. his Second task was to find and execute all Cult of Pleasure Agents within the City. And his thrid and final was to Bring back his Brother Khaleth head on a spear.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

Name:
Jagral Venkh

Division:
Malekith Loyallist i suppose

Let them fight it out in cellars and back alleys. A war that weakens the Druchii serves no purpose.
Doesnt want a war to interfere with clandestine drug dealing either.

Bio:
Extremely ancient and only kept alive through the use of an alien parasite, This parasite is only held in check through the use of expensive sorcery and drugs.
Venkh needs to maintain his position in society or lose himself to the creature.
Heavily involved in all sorts of illlicit trading. Slaves, drugs, beanies. You name it he's involved somewhere.
Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: Cast of Characters

Post by Aachil lathanast »

Aachil Lathanast Oribhein ( currently serving as a commander on a Black Ark "The Void Stalker" returning to the homeland from raiding the defenceless Brettonian coastline due to the new incursion of Chaos in the Old World)

While considering this war to be totally unneccesary, I will follow the way of Khaine becouse any other path would bring shame and disgrace upon the long standing house of Lathanast ( house StormCrow).

Short bio/story/description
House Lathanast has allways been and still remains a loyal supporter of Khaine and our Lord Malekith as his voice in this world. The family is most renowned for providing superb naval officers and this tradition has not changed with current Lord -Aachil Lathanast, whos deeds and action have even surpassed the legendary achievements of his forfathers. While spending most of his time on raiding missions he has been caught of guard when he found out that another power was growing in his homeland, which could destroy everything he and his ancestors have fought so hard to protect. With mission completed he is sailing as fast as he can to fight for his family, for his homeland and for the very essence of the Druchii soul.
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

Admiral Underway / Lord Lathanast -

Your Fleets = Anvil
Black Lotus = Hammer
Arnheim = Yorktown? :twisted:

Dark alliances, dramatic vendettas, tragic histories, and an alien parasite to buy drugs from. What more could a campaign ask for?

These are wonderful. Looks like this thread will also be good for locating allies. And enemies - this means you, Asur scum. !evil! :D
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Name or General/ Faction
Kethlis Spinebrood- Former Slaver, with more or less the same crew

Khanite, the Cult threatens to change the Naggaroth he knows and loves (in a Dark Elvish kind of way). The Black Guard think they restore peace to his lands, of which he is in full support. But the only way to put things right, is to annialate the cult completly.

His fondest child hood memorys were the races from the temple to the city walls with a head in hand. That and watching the slavers return home with line after line of wretched slaves.
He got his command when he was 257 years of age, the Abhoress. He grew rich preying on te ships out of Marienburg, with several close encounters with the Navy.
At 423 the Abhoress was finally beaten, and he was forced to return home with nothing to show for his troubles. His ship was lost to an eager young Druchii to pay of his debt to his sponser.
After his glory days he became a mere general in Malekiths army, his men being his former crew. When the Cult was revived he pledged his loyaties to te temple immediatly, in return for fine Manticore, a symbol of status within the temple. Now he awaits any chance to engage the Cult, when the emerge from Lustria, he will be waitng.
Shadowlance
Highborn

Post by Shadowlance »

Name of General: (it's a secret)

Faction: Cult of Pleasure

Bio: An underling of (ommited), she fights only to filfill the will of her mistress, a lieutenet of Lonicerra.
As a Druchii and Ogre Kingdoms player, I'd have to say that my favourite meal is well done Merwyrm. Although one must be careful with all those little bones.

Fairly innactive right now, dealing with some serious and extended illness.
Daod
Black Guard

Post by Daod »

Name of General: Commodore Drien Blackspit
Captain of a Mercenary fleet

Faction: Khainite Loyalist- For a price.

Bio: Born in a small house with no lands in Northern Naggaroth, Drien knew his family lands on the Plain of Dogs was of little use. Scrounging together the retainers of his house and the lesser nobles dependant on his family, He bought the three best ships money could buy, Blades of Pride, Poisoned Fangs, and Warhead, he sailed his small fleet through the Witch Gate into the eastern seas. His raiders have been seen in Ulthuan, Lustria, and the Boarder Princes, but his favorite raiding grounds are the northern coast of the empire. He's out to gain as much power as he can, and he's willing to do whatever it takes.
There is no truer friend than a blade, no swifter argument than a bolt.

... no matter what you say in a discussion with a woman, it's always the wrong thing.
-Yokozuna
Althalus
The Bloody Executioner

Post by Althalus »

General Kala Kodai Velari commanding the Black Lotus Brigade

This rebellion of the illegal slaneshii worshipers will be crushed as soon as the weakling Hellebreon is murdered.

When his father was killed in a raid against a high elf coastal town Althalus took his grandfathers old weapons and left his home in Har Ganeth. He travelled the wilderness training himself with the sword and constantly testing his strength and speed. He tatooed both his forearms with his family emblem showing his burning loyalty to his father and his family. When he finaly returned to civilization all he could remember was his fathers death and how to fight. To this very day he has been looking for and taking every chance to find and kill as many of those acursed high elves as possible.

Fluff still in writing.
Nineswords
Highborn

Re: Cast of Characters

Post by Nineswords »

Lord Scourga Nag'aar, The Nineswords of Ghrond.

Khaine Agent, staunchly loyal to Malekith.

Short bio/story/description (stress on short):
A young noble from the city of Ghrond, despatched to the Old World on secret missions by Malekith himself under the guise of a general front of Druchii presence within the lands of men. The consequence of these missions are not known. Yet.....

Link to your personal fluff: (there you can go nuts)
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=20423
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=19781
ProjectEgo wrote:Knights have Ld 8. Read more.
- Project Ego rules Druchii.net with an iron fist.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

??? Althalus, were we separated at birth or is this some parallell universe thing? Either way, I get to be the evil twin. :D
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

Oribhein Maldor Sarkhadurith, prophet of Khaine

Further characters:
Fein Laucian Khalarath, Battle Standard Bearer
Fein Enialis Sarirha, the Hunter
tanir, Assassin and follower of the Devourer
Nailu Siannodel, former Asur captive who has been converted back to the true faith (she is now Maldor's mistress)

"Morathii has finally revealed her true loyalties, which are neither to Khaine nor Malekith. Thus shall Khaine suffer her a thousand deaths. May I be one of them."

Long ago Maldor was gifted with a vision of Morathii's tretchery, and while he remained loyal to Malekith, he could not abide the wentch who stood behind the throne. When Morathii brought Maldor's opposition to her to her son's attention, Malekith decided to dispatch an assassin to slay Maldor's twin brother and sent Maldor himself into exhile. Thus was Morathii led to believe her enemy dead, but he went forth in shadow to grow stronger for the day he would return, for the day when Malekith could see his mother for who she was. That day is near.
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Many of these characters and stories sound terrific! You should all try to write a few dramatic lines for battle report when this campaign sets off. It would be awesome to read them all and get an overall feel of what is going on.

- Nag