Initial Seeds

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Initial Seeds

Post by Jeffleong13 »

What do we want to put in for initial seeds? I want to make sure that little happens in the first few weeks as things ramp up - it allows for a slower entry into the campaign and gives us the chance to get our feet under us.

I would recommend the following starts:

Arnheim: 800/100
?? Gate: 300/300
Underway: 300/300/300
Ghrond: 200/200 -- we want this one to turn more quickly, I think.
South: 600/400 (for the CoP to start)
Watchtowers: 500/500
Karond Kar: 500/500

Langmann made a good point - don't want this too static. Perhaps start lower?

What do you think?

J
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Well what we can do is start as is and then if the campaign goes really slowly then we can subtract a few wins from our starting amount to keep a steady pace later in the campaign.

Thoughts on the list above:

Good as it is a settlement, perhaps start a bit higher? Though if asur.net is involved we could probably see a solid defence of this either way.

?? Gate: 300/300

Wraith gate I do belive. Fine as is though I expect the HE to hit this hard and the DE to quickly lose ground here.

Fine as is, the skaven will quickly dominate this area IMHO as they are a tough army for the DE to beat. How the dwarves will do I have no idea.

Ghrond: 200/200 -- we want this one to turn more quickly, I think.

Fine IMHO. It will be interesting that is for sure.

South: 600/400 (for the CoP to start)

Looks fine as well, as the CoP were the major players in the game. Adding in Undead here may change things. Langmann??

Watchtowers: 500/500

I think this should be more balanced in favour of the Khainites and then see what chaos can do.

Karond Kar: 500/500

Fine as is. Perhaps a slave uprising here to support the empire troops???
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

When you guys make a final decision, please pass them to the statistician, Nagathi, directly (and post them here). Don't let the others see your idea.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

So are we agreed to the following:

Wraith Gate: 300/300

Ghrond: 200/200

**South: CoP - 600/Lizzies&Khaine - 400/Undead - 200

**Watchtowers: 600/400 (Khaine/Chaos & CoP)

**Karond Kar: 500/500/200 (Khaine/CoP/Slaves)

Note: Changes are marked with **

J
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Looks good to me. The slaves are supported by the Empire battle, there is another 3 way fight going on.

I also like the fact that the undead are very low, sort of an insidius threat right now.

This is perfect. Cut, PRINT!
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

I have been trying out some numbers and I started thinking that perhaps the numbers we originally chose here might be FAR too restrictive. How about making it so that each initial battle can move the percentage bar by 1 percent at the beginning of the campaign? If people start finding out that their hard work does nothing they might get terribly discouraged and quit playing.

For example, the northern wastes a win for Khaine moves the percentage from 60% to 60.03%. That would mean it would take 30 wins to budge the bar by 1%. I do not expect such numbers as compared to SoC. We can easily ramp up the seeds if need be later.

How about reducing all the seeds by a factor of 25. So for the northern waste example it would take 1 win to move the bar by 1%. That way the immediate players start to think they are actually having an effect. If they start to take over you can ramp up the seeds later, its not like it becomes out of control. (Also you can validate this in the fluff, after all the inital skirmishes will always make large advances until the lines get fully drawn.)

If people don't think they are getting anywhere they might get discourage fast, look what happened in the SoC subcampaign.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Agreed - we can always increase it later if necessary.

Do you want me to get with Nagathi or can you do it online?

J
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

I will do it for today, if you guys want to change it in the future let him know by pm.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Message to Nagathi:

The CMs have changed the seeds for the campaign, everything else I told you is still the same.

New Seeds (for now):

Arnheim: 32 High Elf / 4 Dark Elf

Wraith Gate: 12 Dark Elf / 12 High Elf

Underway: 12 Dark Elf /12 Dwarf / 12 Skaven

Ghrond: 8 Khaine / 8 Cult of Pleasure

Southern Reaches: CoP - 24 / Lizzies&Khaine - 16 / Undead - 8

Northern Wastes: 24/16 (Khaine/Chaos & CoP)

Plains of Karond Kar: 25/25/8 (Khaine/CoP/Slaves)

Thank you for your time.