Kala's Civil War Journal

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Aachil lathanast »

Greetings Lord Kala

When you receive this letter from one of my winged messengers I will already be nearing the Bleak Coast. Feeling safe as I ventured from the port of Karond Kar I decided to set sail along the Naggaroth coast, which meant that I was heading for the Dire Straits. It has been my personal ritual to gaze upon the beauty of the Monoliths whenever I sat sail from our native lands and I had no reason to do otherwise on this occasion. Even in these hard times one must find something to feed his soul with joy and happiness. But it was not meant to be. From the point we entered the Dire Straits my watchmen noticed the stealthy movements on the otherwise deserted coast. Out of precaution and because of the irritating voice at the back of my conscious mind I commanded the Void Stalker to be turned towards the east where we would be safer in deeper waters. Just to be on the safe side, sisters Menelthrai and Kinthsheth shrouded the fleet in the impregnable fog, which would protect us from the inquisitive eyes.

Our journey continued uneventfully until the third day after my course change. That morning would have been as any other if the Jade Serpent, one of my scout ships, had not returned with news which at first I took as a total nonsense. Such a thing was unheard for, especially in these waters, which we rightfully claimed as our own. But Keleth, the junior lieutenant on the Jade Serpent would not back down and I had no choice but to see this impossibility with my own eyes (other than executing the young fool on the spot). I mounted my trusted Manticore and with a single word the noble beast leapt from the deck and headed towards the fogs edge. Soaring through the air I was contemplating on the appropriate punishment for Keleth, whose youth could not be an excuse for such childish fabrications. More and more sunlight penetrated the fog what was a sure sign that I was nearing the fogs perimeter. But the sight that awaited me on the other side enraged me beyond measure and barely restraining myself from the suicidal charge I turned back towards the Ark. There is no better sign than this that we are living in dark times indeed. Do these animals think that they have grown so mighty and we so careless and weak that they could sail in our waters unnoticed and unpunished? But their lesson was on its way and it would be the one, which they would never forget. No, not one of these Empire ships would be afloat by the end of this day.

Upon my arrival I commanded the Void Stalker to be turned further towards the east and in approximately two hours entire enemy fleet, consisting of 34 ships, was within our fog fence. While the Ark continued to sail towards the east, light corsair raiding ships concentrated their attacks upon the smaller Empire support vessels in order to cause the confusion and mayhem among their lines. Not able to see their assailants, several empire ships fired blindly in to the menacing fog. Their frustration quickly turned to panic, which was the cause why they broke from their lines and turned towards the east where they were met with merciless and accurate volleys from the reapers stationed on the Ark. Time and time this action was repeated and each and every time the foolish humans reacted in the same manner – predictability of these apes never ceases to amaze. Screams of the dying men, intensified by the eerie fog, were echoing throughout the day and when the evening approached the only Empire vessel remaining was their flagship. At that point many of my subordinate officers suggested that this was the perfect time to lift the fog and face the opponent head on, but although highly damaged Empire ships numerous cannons could have still posed a great threat to our vessels especially the Ark that would be a tempting prize for the doomed men. There was no need to change the current tactics since I have seen to many victories thrown away because of the impatience, recklessness and inexperience of a commander. Wave after wave of corsairs continued to storm the lonely Empire ship and while the wretched humans fought with valour and courage, it was to no avail. Since this spectacle was no longer worthy of my attention I returned to my quarters.

Not long after the sunset, a newly promoted Captain Keleth, was summoned to my chambers for a debriefing. As you know such reports include many unnecessary formalities and in most cases one has to wait for an eternity to actually hear something of worth but in this case I do not consider that my time was wasted. The lieutenant commander of the Emperors Fury (which was apparently the name of this particular Empire flagship) was foolish enough to let himself be captured and after a long conversation with a team of skilled tortures, he revealed some useful information. It seems that our misguided brothers are using these naïve fools as a distraction, to hide their naval movements and hide the fact that their vessels are to few and spread to thin to protect all the transport ships heading for the Bleak Coast. This information, which would have normally been paid with numerous Druchii lives, confirms the intelligence report you have included in your letter. And furthermore we can expect more of the Empire vessels in vicinity of our coast, which is the reason why I have sent a letter to admiralty in Karond Kar to redouble the vigilance of our patrol ships.

And in the end I have some information, or rather rumour which I must share with you. Few days ago I received the letter from my son Sareth, who while visiting our capital as my representative in my absence, heard that an attack on your house is in preparation. Usually he would have taken little notice as such events are not uncommon in our society, but since your name was mentioned in our correspondence, he discretely tried to learn more on this matter. Unfortunately his visit to Naggarond was too short and all he has been able to find out was that you have not made any friends with not allying yourself to either side. If you have any contacts in the Royal Court it would be prudent to use any favours they own you to shed some more light on this matter.

Since I am pressed with time to catch up with the flet of the Lord Jhaelrnya Do'kahn, this is all the time I can spare for this letter.

Aachil Lathanast Oribhein
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

7 Oct

The gods must be toying with me. No sooner did I put down my pen than message after message arrived to stir me from my boredom. It is as if hundreds of unseen eyes read these most private of my musings and respond thereto. Still, ignorance is a weakness and every Druchii knows the price of weakness.

The seas around our homeland are churning with the oars and waterlines of countless ships. It seems every race of every land wants to pitch their filthy tents in my back yard. At least Lathanast sent a few humans to a watery grave before they could befoul the shores of Naggaroth. But these odd enemy naval alliances are beyond my reach and ability to destroy. I can only hope Lord Executioner Vraneth’s crews are competent. It is assuring to hear that the 21st has been picked up. But they are now on seas that are teeming with danger.

Lathanast has also warned me of a rumored attack on House Velari. Just as I was beginning to convince myself that all was well (as well as anything can be during a civil war). I will send the 3rd to garrison Velari Keep when they arrive from Clar Karond. I trust Kajima to not allow her troops to loot the wine cellar. I must also make ready bribes for my informants at the Royal Court. Hopefully this will turn out to be nothing more than another sad little ploy to bring my house to embarrassment. Nothing wearies me more than the damned intrigues of Naggarond.

Yet there are positive developments. Many are offering their swords and blood to help repel the incursions. A solid offer of alliance with a Lord Executioner and son of the legendary Lord Vraneth the Cruel is not to be taken lightly. I have the good fortune of knowing something of Lord Vraneth’s personal vendettas. My informants in Har Ganeth have kept me well versed in the politics amongst the Regent’s family. I will aid his blood quest in hopes of strengthening our ties and in making haste in his departure for Arnheim.

Worthy of more weighed consideration is the offer from one Lady Xaniphera, a High Sorceress of the Cult of Pleasure. This is the first time any member of high rank in either cult has presented me with anything other than a poisoned dagger. Everyone knows that the Black Lotus ranks are composed of the “apostates” of both sects. I find suspicion in the motives of this offer. Still, I will accept. The opportunity for my sorceresses to better learn the art of binding daemons for the battlefield is simply too great.

The anonymous note from a “loyal son of the Druchii” is of great significance beyond the information contained therein. Not to discount the knowledge that the Asur gain aid from their Dwarven and Brettonian dogs, but it is a sign that loyalty to the Druchii is still first among many in our land. I have hope that the war will make us stronger by forcing us to unite. Malekith may yet prove to be as wise as Lord Thornblood is convinced he is.

But the lack of open conflict is more troubling than reassuring. My spies are too consistent to be incorrect (and none would dare to attempt to lie to me). Blades are being sharpened and words of wrath are being uttered in the streets of all the major cities. Forces of both the cults are undeniably mustering. But it is quiet. Nothing requires one to be more wary than a quiet Druchii.

K
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

To Head Scout My’aalar at Outpost Crag,

It is with gratitude that I reply to your vigilance and the wisdom of your deference to my council. I have enclosed a letter to Lady Xaniphera. We will take her in as an ally. Allow her to pass and rendezvous with the Black Lotus 5th and 7th divisions. However, I am requesting that you send two of your best, most stealthy shades to follow and observe. Report any unusual activities to me at once.

Letter enclosed.

To Lady Xaniphera, High Sorceress of Slaanesh

Greetings and Well Met,

I am most honored at your invitation to ally. As you well know, members of the Cult of Pleasure are as welcome in the Black Lotus as are members of the Temple of Khaine. As such I must request a few limitations on your station within the Cult.

First and foremost, you must swear loyalty to the Druchii above all else. You may worship as you please, but when duty calls you must put aside your god when required. I am sure you know the dire situation in our homeland.

Second, you are not to proselytize to the troops. You will likely find a poor reception even within the Slaaneshi members of the Black Lotus. Our brigade is strictly secular. Any attempts to sway the regulars will be met with repercussions.

Third, you must not instigate any violence against my Khainite troops. I have fostered an environment where the Cult and the Temple fight alongside each other, with respect and camaraderie, for the greater glory of the Druchii and Naggaroth. If you attempt to disrupt this balance, I will deal with it personally.

Fourth, you are to have no regular mortal Chaos troops within your ranks. You may use them as disposable sword arms, but I do not tolerate normal humans that are not branded slaves. I will certainly not have the soil of Naggaroth tainted with the presence of human mutations roaming free.

A final admonition. I am very well informed. I know full well that it is not only the Temple of Khaine that grabs for power that is not there. I also know full well that they are not the only ones ensnaring.

You must forgive the terse tone of this message. Please understand that I hold you in the highest regard. However, I have found that it is best for one to lay out boundaries at the beginning. If we are in understanding and agreement, then we shall find this alliance to our mutual benefit.

I have given orders to the Black Lotus 7th to accept you into their ranks. They are Slaaneshi and will welcome you. They are traveling to deployment positions with the 5th, which are primarily Khainite. I request that, as a show of your good faith, you instruct the sorceresses of both the 5th and 7th in the binding spells of Slaaneshi daemons. Their preternatural speed could mean swifter victory for us all. You may keep your Asur slaves for your own purposes, whatever they may be.

The Asur forces lie between you and the Wrath Gate. It will be my honor to meet you among their broken bodies on the Plains of Arnheim. Until then, we must relay messages by courier.

May you ever be granted decadent delights,
General Kala Kodai Velari,
Commander, Black Lotus Brigade
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

My Lord General Kala
Greetings Brother in Arms,

My servant, the one you know of as a Loyal Son of the Druchii, has informed me that Baron Derles Girmond Arniele Delociele of Corpeles in Bretonnia has set sail from Bretonnia for Arnhelm to aid the accursed Asur. This human is known to me. He leads an army of Errantry knights. They fought well during the Strom of Chaos war in the last season. I lost many good Druchii to his heavy cavalry. Mostly due to the incompetence of the fool I loaned those good warriors to.

If you should be offered the services of one Asperor Kun of Marvok, a worshiper of Slannesh, send her to the fighting with as few of your own troops as possible. Maybe she will do us all the good service of dying this time. In good faith (and a sizable amount of gold and slaves) I loaned her the use of many good Druchii warriors. She fought in six battles and lost four of them!!! Three of those losses were to Baron Derles. I believe the ease with which he killed so many Druchii has lead him to believe all Druchii are as easily defeated.

I will send such troops as I can from the frontier watchtowers and forts here in the Southwestern March. Unfortunately I cannot send ships. The unrest in our homes and the disappointing performance of our generals in Lustria has emboldened Amazon and Lustrian raiders here. What ships I could send would take too long to round the southern continent to be in time to add you anyway. So I shall send troops overland.

I shall send word by courier when the first warbands are ready to depart. The first shall be lead by Karelon Lengoth of Melphular, my son. He is young (only 135 years) but has proven his valor and skill against Amazons, Lizardmen and Chaos Marauders in the past.

If my duties as March Warder permit I will join you at a later time.

Death to the Asur, their allies and all who would defile our beloved Land of Chill!

Your Brother in Arms,
Lord Saur Lengoth of Melphular
Warder Lord of the Southwestern March
Loyalty to the Druchii and the Rightful King Malaketh
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

8 Oct

What worthless son of an Asur whore ordered a fallback! The Asur are within sight of the gate! Can I not go a handful of days without being infuriated by the incompetence of others. I was assured that our position was secure. Now we are at a disadvantage! I will find the so called "commander" who is responsible and flay him alive.

I must awaken Havoc. He sleeps with the slumber that only a dragon can and it will be at least a few days before he will be ready for combat. The Hydra is also at least a day away. Perhaps I can send Lord Deimozael with a skirmish force into the pass to delay the enemy and buy me some time.

Sometimes having foresight is a curse. I delude myself thinking that there can be an alliance between the sects. If the Asur succeed I will swear vendetta against both Morathi and Hellebron.

Yet I will die here before I see an Asur footprint in the Wrath Gate. I go now to begin the Ritual of Arms. I will not remove my armor until the Asur are pushed back.

K
Last edited by General kala on Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ellathain
Corsair

Post by Ellathain »

(Empty armour of druchii highborn on horse is carrying this letter.)
Lord Kala,

I Callandor of Yvresse will not tolerate the presence of so many of your brigades so close to my beloved Arnhelm. We will free the land from your cursed abominations. Our swords will be the bane of your daemons and our arrows shall fly swift and find the hearts of your Black Lotus renegades.
Beware Lord of the Wrath gate for the asur are not to be taken lightly.
The elf who carried this armourb is the proof of it.
His hair, and the hair of his companions are allready being made in a cloak, which will be gifted to Enthardon, Prince of nagarythe.

May your armies be cursed by the gods.

Callandor of Yvresse.
Leader of the army of Athel Cairhien
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

General Kala Kodai Velari, Commander, Black Lotus Brigade

My Lord General Kala I bring you news of both joy and despair, Reports are reaching me of grave news concerning the combined fleet of Har Ganeth and of Lady Jhaelrnya's Ships was attacked in the early hours of the 9th the fleet was attacked by a combine force of Human, Asur and Dwarf Warships attacked the transports. Although the fleet managed to defeat the enemy warships, a small number of transports were lost. However even worse all of Lady Jhaelrnya’s Transports containing your 21st legion of Black Lotus, Were not accounted for when the armada regrouped after the battle.

I am deeply sorry for this grave mishap however there is still a chance that the ships were simply blown off course and are somewhere to the north I have ordered all Shades and Dark riders in the Area to keep a sharp lookout for the ships and I hope to have news within a few days.

However on a more positive note I have had word that Duke Tualarc, the herald of my sister has already reached Wraith Gate 2 days before I anticipated and even better he has won a crushing victory at Dictator Pass to the north of Wraith Gate giving My Sister a greater Chance of catching The Asur un-aware of her approach.

I have enclosed a detailed report from Tualarc for you to read at your leisure.

I have also sent a letter to Lady Jhaelrnya apologising for the loss of her ships and an offer of compensation for them.

Regards

Khael Vraneth, Reagent of Har Ganeth, 3rd son of Kurl Vraneth, Lord Executioner, Slayer of Asur, etc.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

11 Oct

Hah! I have been promoted by an Asur commander! I am now Lord of the Wrath Gate. I am sure His Majesty would be entertained to hear it.

The last days have been a trying time. I have incurred much venom from the Asur command. It seems some of my hasty words to a subcommander have been construed as accusations of crimes of war. Fortunately, the Asur do not benefit from the seething anger that the Druchii have so refined over the centuries. It will weaken them. Let them hate me.

I am much relieved that the army of Arnheim has been pushed back. If Duke Tularc had not held the incursion force back at Dictator Pass I may well have overseen the siege. Then I would truly be Lord of Wrath Gate. A thousand dark blessings upon Lord Vraneth for choosing competent commanders. I will make a counteroffensive tomorrow at Maibd Pass to the south. That is the most likely place for the enemy to try another attack. Hopefully it will be enough to seal off the two major paths through the foothills. Then the Asur will only be left with the forward approach through the killing field.

One Lord Saur Lengoth, Warder of the Southwestern Marches, has made his overtures to me. He has sent me valuable intelligence on possible Brettonian allies of the Asur and a word of warning about one of his former commanders. It seems a Slaaneshi named Marvok needlessly spilled some valued blood. I will consider his intelligence and see if it materializes or if it even continues to come. I will also put his son to the test. I recall my first command. It is imperative that he display his merit.

Intelligence also informs me that the same Lord Nachri who earlier taunted me has hit one of our own supply convoys coming from Clar Karond. It is a small matter. We will eat the fine Asur cuisine that I captured instead of the dried Bitterroot and Cold One jerky rations that the Druchii wagons carried. But small matters can make or break a war. I will send the 23rd to perform supply escort.

So the 21st is lost. Logic would say that they are in a watery grave. But my intuition tells me they may yet live. It will be an interesting time for them if they are. They are a mixed regiment and hardship may bring out the strife between the Khainite and Slaaneshi commanders. It is only another small matter. If they survive they will be all the stronger for it.

A large matter is even now undocking beneath the gate. My hydra is here! The Beastmistress assigned to handle it calls herself Mistress Ki. She is a lovely lass who wears a charm of Slaanesh about her neck and is brutally accurate with a whip. She has affectionately named the beast "Cuddles". Charming. I will take him into the field tomorrow and give him his first taste of Asur blood.

K
Lord of the Wrath Gate (apparently)
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

12 Oct.

How quickly things turn. We are betrayed. A traitor has tipped off the enemy of my approach down Maibd Pass. Worse yet, my runners tell me that the Wrath Gate itself has been overrun in my absence. I laughed when I was called Lord of the Wrath Gate because I was only one of hundreds. Lords, Supreme Lords, Grand High Masters, and all the assorted other pompous titles that these useless suits of stuffed armor crown themselves with were all stationed there as well with all their troops. At least I earned my General’s rank and was not awarded it as a court favor. Fools and incompetents, every last one. I cannot fathom how they allowed the Asur to push through. Wrath Gate could be defended with a sling and a pile of acorns!

It is disastrous. We have Asur behind us and Asur ahead of us and are trapped in the pass. My position has been thoroughly compromised. What Druchii would be so willing to destroy me that they would consort with our hated cousins? I know Lathanast informed me that House Velari was a target, but I find it inconceivable that someone would be willing to sacrifice the heart of Naggaroth and fortified access to the Underway to the Asur just to bring me to ruin.

Ruin it will be if I cannot summon the most cunning plan that I have ever drawn forth. I will send Shades in both directions. I will at the very least meet them on terrain that benefits me.

I swore to die defending Wrath Gate. That may yet be my destiny and this may be my last entry in this journal. But if I die, I will die with blade in hand and armor on. I will die in the center of a pile of Asur corpses. I refuse to have Malekith spit out my name and the word “weak” in the same breath.

K
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

Great Lord General Kala,
Greetings from my Father and Lord, Lord Saur Lengoth of Melphular, Warder of the Southwestern March.

It is my honor to present myself for your service. I am Captain Karelon Lengoth of Melphular. I bring with me the 1st Melphular Expeditionary Warband. I am also honored to report that the 3rd Melphular Raider Warband has also arrived for service. As an all cavalry warband they made better time here then we did.

During our trip here my warband encountered an Asur cavalry warband. The engagement was short but victorious. An appropriate battle report will be submitted very soon. I must, in all candor, report that during our examination of the dead Asur I and my company commanders all noticed the same disturbing fact. While the Asur make cleanliness and the polishing of bright work a fetish, the Asur dead were simply too clean, the metal to brightly polished for them to have been in the field for more then a few days. I must report the conclusion that either someone is looking the wrong direction while guarding one of the passes or the Asur have found another pass through the Black Spines. As most of my Druchii were on foot, we were not able to conduct an effective pursuit after the battle and so determine where the Asur crossed the mountains.

As I mentioned at the beginning, the 3rd Melphular Raider Warband arrived the day before we did and so are ready for deployment. Captain Tuern Graroth of that warband had a message for me from my father, which I will now deliver to you. Captain Tuern Graroth also informed me that the 7th Lekain Raider Battalion was just arriving at the Citadel of Forlorn Hopes when he was leaving. He estimates that they will have left there for the Wrath Gate by now, after receiving replacement provisions.

Respectfully with Fear and Dread,
Your Servant in the Cause of the Druchii

Captain Karelon Lengoth of Melphular
Death is light as a feather
Duty is heavy as a mountain
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

13 Oct

I live. I will be spitting up blood for weeks now from the blow struck by that Asur Prince. But he is fertilizing the soil and I have held the Maibd Pass. Elisheva will likely live, but Vanye died when she fell on the rocks.

I will try to rally the remaining troops. Surely some will come to the defense of our homeland. It is truly defense now. The Asur point like a cocked crossbow at Naggarond and the cults still bicker like children. We have to counterattack. I must have allies and reinforcements. Leilith and the young Melphular will rendezvous with us. But we cannot hold this damned gate alone.

Still, I live. And I am no longer cut off. I will send messengers down the pass in the morning. Now I must rest.

K
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

10 October
My Lord General Kala

Greetings. I pray that the recent Asur troubles at the Wrath Gate still leave you well enough to continue the struggle.

By this time my son will have arrived with 1st Melphular Expeditionary Warband and Captain Tuern Graroth should have arrived with the 3rd Melphular Raider Warband. Captain Aspethor Rergoth of Lekain is due here with the 7th Lekain Raider Battalion. As soon as we have re-supplied them they will be sent to you for duty. Combined they will form the 1st Southwestern March Expeditionary Regiment, with my son, (Brevet) Major Karelon Lengoth of Melphular in over all command.

As these troops will be somewhat shallow in heavy forces, I have ordered my Beastmaster to select one of his best assistance to form a beast force to reinforce the 1st Regiment. That will take a few days, but should provide much needed support for the Regiment. In point of fact, the force should then be up to brigade strength. A suitable lord should then be given command. If he has proven capable and ready for it, at your recommendation I may promote my son to that rank and task. Subject to your approval as General in command of the Wrath Gate forces.

I regret to inform you that my ability to send additional reinforcements will be slowed by other demands on my resources. Since the end of the Storm of Chaos War, there has been a marked increase in raids against Druchii settlements by Amazons, Lizardmen and Chaos Marauders on the coasts. As well as raids from goblins in the hill countries and beastmen in the great forests here. What has been the most disconcerting is the frequency that it is Slaanesh banners that the Marauders and beastmen are carrying. Are the leaders of the Cult of Pleasure so debased as to call for aid from chaos humans and beastmen?

As this is a still a frontier March we have few diehard followers of either Slaanesh or Khain. The few that are here have engaged in a number of skirmishes against each other. Property damage has been minimal as has been the loss of life. So I leave them to their petty feuding and concentrate on protecting Druchii settlements and lives.

I am also receiving requests for support from the Lord of the Southern Reach. As is my responsibility as a March Warder, I have sent forces south as well.

One of my best units, the 7th Regiment of Dark Riders, I had intended to sent to you. But an up rising by goblins in the foothills of the Barmen Mountains, to the north of the Plain of Spiders, demanded I send the regiment there to deal with the problem. At the insistence of my council, Colonel Krueldor Kulrellen of the House of Hendec, a cadet branch to one of the Great Houses of the Druchii, and therefore one not to be offended without consequences was given the command. In spite of his credentials and because of his reputation for recklessness, I feared this would prove to be a mistake. This morning I received a dispatch that confirmed my worse fears. The fool not one got himself killed but nearly all of his troops were also killed. The battle took place near the lesser tributary of the Big Horn river. This has been an unmitigated disaster. Now rather then gathering forces to reinforce you, I must deal with a full-blown rebellion in the Breman foothills.

While I take personal command of the forces to be sent to the Breman foothills, I will also prepare a second Brigade to be sent to you. You should see them in a few more weeks, until them I will send such supplies and replacement troops as I can.

Death to the Asur, their allies and all who would defile our beloved Land of Chill!

Your Brother in Arms,
Lord Saur Lengoth of Melphular
Warder Lord of the Southwestern March
Loyalty to the Druchii and the Rightful King Malaketh
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

15 October

My Dread Lord General Kala

I am Captain Tuern Graroth of the 3rd Melphular Raider Warband. It is my honor to report that while on patrol we encountered an Asur warband in the act of constructing some sort of artifact to the east of the Wrath Gate. We immediately formed up and attacked. In the fight we gave better then we got and won the fight, but appear to have only achieved a draw for the battle. The Asur were able to destroy the artifact. So we have no idea what it was or what it was to do. I can only conclude it had something to do with the Asur efforts to construct a 6th Arnhelm Gate.

Respectfully
Your Servant to the Druchii Cause

Tuern Graroth
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

15 Oct

I can breathe without pain now. I have had the good fortune to be able to rest. The enemy has yet to understand how we managed to circumvent their lines and move back to the Wrath Gate. I am myself astonished. The tunnel that my troops have begun calling “Scorpion Crawl” is a stroke of sheer good fortune. The entrance is little more than a crawl space and is well hidden. Yet something of such strategic significance should not have evaded our scouts for all these centuries. We have begun expanding it to fit the troops through six abreast and to accommodate the Hydra. I am only relieved that it was the Druchii who found it first.

The young Lord Melphular has arrived with his forces. They, like him, seem well trained but inexperienced. I must have him in the field over the next days. I am going to send him down the pass to engage and occupy the Asur holding force.

Lady Vraneth has also arrived. Her force is tired and recovering from Dictator Pass. But their hate for the Asur at the indignity of losing the Gate burns bright in their eyes. It is boosting their spirits. We have fed them on captured rations and will send them on the attack as well. I am contemplating ordering her up the pass to perform delaying actions on the forces that are actually at the Gate itself. It may also help draw the enemy back to have her accompany Karelon Lengoth. Either way, the Asur must be forced to deal with anything that will draw them away from their entrenched positions.

If the Shades that are running the tunnels are correct, we may have a chance to cripple the Asur force that is holding the Gate. If the diverting forces are successful, we will come to light in a compromising position. We may be able to capture their supplies, destroy or occupy their temporary ramparts, perhaps even take their command unawares. Much rests on what forces are left behind to deal with.

I am contemplating whether or not to lead the strike. I am still weak and spitting up blood.

K
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

To Captain Karelon Lengoth of Melphular
Official Orders Enclosed

You are to select a force of your choosing and move back down Maibd Pass. You are to engage the Asur force holding the Wrath Gate. Your objective is to draw the enemy as far away from their positions as possible. Fight a conservative battle and minimize casualties, but under no circumstances are you to disengage or allow the enemy to reform entrenched lines. Further, you are not to lose control of the mouth of Maibd Pass.

Once the course of the battle is run, reform at the rendezvous point under Blade Peak.

I recommend using the 3rd Melphular Raiders, but this tactical decision is yours. Your degree of success will determine your fitness for command. Strike swift and true.

May your blade stay wet,
General Kala Kodai of the House Velari
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

To Lady Leilith Vraneth of Har Ganeth
Official Orders Enclosed

You are to engage and occupy the Asur forces holding Wrath Gate and the surrounding areas. I will allow you the luxury of choosing to accompany the forces of Captain Karelon Lengoth Melphular or to move up Maibd Pass on your own. In either case, your objective is to draw the enemy as far away from their positions as possible. Ensure that the enemy is occupied. Do not disengage or allow the enemy to move back to entrenched positions. You may attempt a conservative strategy, but the objective is imperative. Further, under no circumstances are you to lose control of access to the Maibd Pass.

Once the engagement is completed, rendezvous at the bivouac under Blade Peak. Strike swift and true.

May your blade stay wet,
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

To General Kala
Greetings General from the spitefull peaks,

i am eternaly gratefull to your information regarded my traitorous brother i will now be able to continue my vendetta against him.

I also have Great news, The 21st legion that i had thought were lost after that devestating attack by the combined fleet of Asur, Dwarf and Human ships have been found, 180 leagues to the north-east of Karond Kar, unfortunatly almost all the ships are so badly damaged that they will never be able to return to sea. In short the 21st Leigion of the Black Lotus are Stranded. Should any Temple of Khaine adepts find them i generaly fear for their safty.

I now give you Warning, Uses my Sister's Sorceress abilities wisely i can i afford to lose here as she is the only high sorceress that i have at my disposal at the moment.

Regards from the Spitefull peaks
Khael Vraneth, Reagent of Har Ganeth, 3rd son of Kurl Vraneth, Lord Executioner, Slayer of Asur, etc.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Aravargaldean
Trainee Warrior

Post by Aravargaldean »

*unhorses Druchii messenger*

General Kala:

So you are the despicable swine thatthinks he can stop the Asur from completing our rightful and honorable task of keeping you away from our lands. So you have brought to yourself many allies such as this Khael Vraneth, and his sorceress, the spawn of the war god Khaine.

Know this, General Kala, I and my companion have vowed to come to wherevever you hide, with your so called faithful servants that now fight with one another over the dominance of thier religion, and we will kill you, finish what my fellow Asur started on the field of battle. I vow, if it takes a hundred years, I will find you, and when I do, not all the darkness of the Druchii can save you. For I am Asur, and wherever I am, light will shine.

-Aravar Galdean
Last edited by Aravargaldean on Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aravar Galdean-

The High Prince of Tiranoc (mainly because no one else is brave enough to live there :wink:)

I'm known as MavisDavis01 in Asur.org
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

16 October
Lord General Kala

Scouts reported a previously unknown greenskin village and the 7th Lekain Raider Battalion was dispatched to investigate.

Upon arrival in the vicinity of the greenskin village a High Elf army was seen approaching. Preparations were immediately begun for battle.

In the aftermath of the battle the village was investigated. It was found to be of recent construction but also uninhabited. What were the greenskins doing here? I have to wonder if the Asur have degenerated so far as to enlist them as allies? We put the village to the torch.

Captain Aspethor Rergoth of Lekain
7th Lekain Raider Battalion
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

17 October
Lord General Kala

I accept your commission. I will take both the 1st Melphular Expeditionary Warband and the 3rd Melphular Raider Warband. I will use the 3rd to bait the Asur into pursuit and the 1st to then ambush them when Asur do pursue.

My father has said that when going hunting for predators; make sure you use good bait. I believe I have just the bait in mind.

Death to the Asur! Glory to the Druchii!

Captain Karelon Lengoth of Melphular
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

Lord General Kala
Per your instructions I have assembled my force and begun the operation; “Operation Plucked Phoenix.”
Both warbands have been assembled into a provisional battalion. I have assumed overall command as a (brevet) Major. The Dark Rider Squadrons 12, 14 and 21 will be under my direct control. The remaining forces, warriors (3rd and 8th Spear, and the 4th Repeater Crossbows) with the Cold One Knights 3rd Squadron will be under the command of Captain Tuern Graroth.
I and the Dark Riders will act as the decoy force to lure away such Asur forces as we can. Captain Tuern will use his force to establish an ambush for the Asur pursuers.
(Brevet) Major Karelon Lengoth of Melphular
Commanding 1st Southwestern March Provisional Battalion
Thranduil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Thranduil »

Commander, Black Lotus Brigade:

I have sent this by fastest way possible, but you still may not recieve it before I am in the thick of action. I am Captian Lord Thranduil, Captian of the black ark, Litany of Death. At the out break of the cival war we were sailing back from a lengthy combat rotation in Ulthran. When arriving in Karond Kar we saw the Cult and Temple facing off in the streets. Naturally we were appaled when we found that there were high elves, attacking the wraith gates. We then decided to fight for ourselves, the true Druchii, those that know what comes first. We, after restocking, prepared for war, and headed to the northern watch towers ready to expell any chaos forces that are trampling there foul feet on our land. We have also recieved reports that indicate the undead having a small presence in the north but this cant be confirmed accuratly.

We are ready to fight for you, to die for you and you Black Lotus Brigade. We are gladly willing to join your Brigade, and are requesting that we be accepted into you Brigade, and put into a full combat position.

-Captian Lord Thranduil, Captian of Litany of Death, Commander of the 21st Army of Naggrond.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic

Post by General kala »

18 Oct.

We seem to have regained a solid foothold. But it is certainly not time to sheathe our swords. My spies report that the Asur are attempting to rally the other races to Naggaroth to distract the Druchii from the Wrath Gate. Some informants at Naggarond even report that traitors from the royal house are encouraging them. What kind of Druchii would actually aid the Asur?

Yet one would almost think that the hated cousins were adopting the tactics of the Druchii. They regularly send me little gifts of heads and empty suits of armor. Their intercepted dispatches are viciously descriptive. They are slowly being consumed by rage. How entertaining to think that they'll all have the malicious heart of a Druchii if they keep this up. They are fighting for the wrong side.

The Wrath gate is by no means secure. The Great Seals are still broken and will take time to re-enchant them. This can't be accomplished while the Asur are still around.

They ransacked my writing desk in the Gate fortifications. Fortunately, they didn't get much. Manifests and old orders are the worst of it. No intelligence worth noting.

Also, Havoc seems to have slithered away. Damn that willful beast. I may fight this whole war without ever taking to my dragon's wing. At least he is awake now.

I have a backlog of correspondence. My time in the pass was time spent cut off from the new offers of Alliance and word from the other divisions and allied regiments. I will devote some time to send out dispatches in the morning. I must try to ensure that all forces keep up the pressure on the Asur. We have done well, but it is not a victory yet.

K
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

Third Day.
Lord General Kala

Captain Tuern has been left to establish the ambush site. I have moved forward to recon the Asur base camp at the end of the Maibd Pass with my Dark Riders.

Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

Forth Day.
Lord General Kala

My Dark Riders and I have advanced to within sight of the Asur base camp. The base camp is now located within the Maibd Pass and not near the Wrath Gate.
We bypassed the Asur sentries and could easily see the base camp commanders pavilions. By the types of tents present I can now verify that the Bretonnians have arrived. There are two main pavilions, one in the Asur style and one in the Bretonnian style. The great banner flying over the Bretonnian pavilion is definitely the Black Banner of the Black Rose and Silver Chalice, the personal banner of Baron Derles. The other is of a white lion ascendant. I think this is the personal banner of the Asur Prince Lothanryll.”
We will now withdraw and prepare our bait for the Asur.