Kinstrife In Har Ganeth

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

A bright white paper awaits Khael Vraneth in his room when he returns from the day's struggles. Stuck in the folded paper lies a black orchid.

If one were to open the folded paper, one could read:

"Dear Lord Khael Vraneth, believer of the false god, so called leader of the khainite forces around the glorious city of Ghrond;
You have yet to stop your unnecessary killing of the innocent. I do not seek to destroy you, I care too much about the living, but I will bring retribution for what you have caused. I let some of your messengers go today, just to show you that I am not here to find death. This is your final warning, we are closer then you dare dreaming of. If you do not surrender to us, we will be forced to bring this city to its ruins, and you with it!

Sincerely,
Loremaster Nagathi
The Daemonwhisperer"

- Nag
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

44th Day of the Civil War

I have decided about Karond Kar, i shall recall the 21st Legion of Har Ganeth under the command of Khalek Blackheart my Banner Bearer. However the Spear of Khaine and the 9th Legion shall remain off the bleak coast and contiune to attack Asur Shipping.

Here in Ghrond However fighting continues all over the city, Galeth Sieth has left the city to continue attacking enemy encampments however, i have dealt with Lord Moniath's sons there punishment is to slay 1000 cultists each before they shall Lead their Forces again.

Now you shall have to excuse me myself and Lord Moniath are going to kill some slanneshi scum.

Khael Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

47th Day of the Civil War

Ah 3 days of solid fighting, it was good to have Lord Moniath at my side once more His Sons still under there punishment have killed at least 200 cultists in that past 3 days i also at last met Veloran Erathai in battle. for a long half hour we fought until i wounded him and he fled the combat by some magical trickery, curse him.

However returning to my appartments once more a letter from this so called loremaster Nagathi, complete with a black orchid. The orchid i crushed to dust but i shall reply to this slanneshi dog's letter.

i am vexed i shall go execute the sorceress that i captured today.

"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Khael Vraneth, climbed up to the parapet of Ghrond, looking out over the plains of ghrond. He spies movment in a copse a few hundred yards from the wall, he hurls the bundle in hands out towards the copse, it lands a few yards short of the copse.
It was the Head of a Sorceress of Slannesh, in her mouth was a bloodied piece of paper.
if one were to open the paper one would read.

"Dear Nagathi, Believer of the false god, so Called Loremaster.
you letters to me are interesting to say the least. however you are fighting a lost cause, the forces of the True god Khaine shall never surrender. i hope you enjoyed the head of this Sorceress for i have many more captured in the care of the Priestesses of Khaine, you are ordered to surrender otherwise i shall kill one of you sorceress whores every sunset until you bow down to Khaine.

Regards
Khael Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine."
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Lonicera, High Sorceress of the Cult of Pleasure, Chosen of Slaanesh, placed the sacred artifact back in its protective case and pushed it back into its protected niche, out of sight of any but herself. Knowing in her own heart that this tiny relic, taken from under the noses of the temple guards at Ghrond, held the secret of unimaginable power, but now was not the time to wield it. With her allies now gaining ground in the spiritual home of the Khainists, not to mention the capture of the watchtower Spire of Malice, she was filled with newfound optimism.

The pieces were now firmly in place, and the dice had been cast. She relaxed in the knowledge that the Khainist infidels could never imagine what was coming for them.

She knew that by now, Nagathi the Daemonwhisperer would have received her letter.

"Dear Nagathi,
It is with much joy that I receive word of your glorious victories against our hated enemies. May the flesh fall from their bones and their pitiful souls be reclaimed by the Dark Prince Hirself.
Reinforcements are arriving at Ghrond as I write this, and great are their numbers, as great as their unswerving devotion to our most pleasurable cause.
You have done well thus far and I know that you will continue to do well in your exploits in this and future campaigns. May Slaanesh smile upon you and gift you with Hir divine blessings.

I am sending you a contingent of Sam'aan along with a battalion of my finest warriors and Devoted, led by the Mistress Daniriel herself. Beware my friend of those of us that hail from Clar Karond for they have a cruelty that is beyond measure and one must remain cautious despite their undeniable allegiance to the Cult.

The Mistress will give you every assistance in your dealings with the members of this cabal, and I advise that you take note of her wisdom.

Now to the other matter at hand. The Lady Morathi has asked me if I would be kind enough to bring her the flayed skin of this Khael Vraneth that we are hearing so much of these days. The great Lady wishes to hang in in her chamber as a souvenir of our victory in Ghrond. I know that you would delight in fulfilling her request, and I might add that to do so would bring you great status, and more importantly, a place in history, for what we do today will echo throughout eternity.

Regards,
Lonicera, Dark Princess of Slaanesh

Khyrkhan Belalakh !
"
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Day 48 of the Civil War,

Finally a break through here at Ghrond, a mighty cultist force had assembled to attack a temple however using inteligence gathered by my shades i was able to ambush the force before it reached the temple, we smashed through their lines like a blade through flesh, until finally an anointed aproched me, he said his name was Senlu Kython. this i cared little for as i charged for 10 minutes we fought until a broke through his defences and cut him up killing him instantly, roaring in triumph i picked up his broken body and hurled it at the Cultist ranks, this sparked a mass combat which ended with the cultists fleeing the field.

We have beaten the Cultists back and finally our efforts have paid off. But Ghrond is far from safe. No word today from This so called loremaster, but i shall expect him to send me a letter soon. i spit upon his pressence upon the earth.

Now excuse me Lord Moniath has arrived.

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

52nd Day of the Civil War,

It is good to take up a quill again after 4 days, The Cult ambushed me and kept me pinned inside a building for four days, however i still live, more champions of slannesh have fallen to me now more than any other lord within the city and i have another anointed scalp to add to my growing collection. However more pressing issues have arisen since i managed to escape.

Lord Moniath has informed me that in both the south and the north the cultists are gaining ground, he has asked me permision to go back north to defend the towers, i am not willing to let him go however there may be a second option. His son Dalain has slain his allotted number of cultists and is now back in my favour, I shall send him north with a legion to defend the watchtowers.

Still no word from this so called loremaster i am hoping that some one has saved me the trouble and killed him but i doubt it, all i know is that someone more powerfull than him wants me dead, of who however i cannot say.

No if you Excuse me i have some orders to write.

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

dispatch to Dalain Moniath,

You are Ordered to proceed North to the watch tower, Spire of Darkness and to strengthen the defences there. You shall be given Command of the 14th Legion of Har Ganeth and any other forces that you can persade to join you.

P.S: Well done i doing your task.

Kheal Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

54th Day of the Civil war.

it Has Happened.

For the first time Deamons have walked the streets of Ghrond, I myself brought them to conflict as they marched towards the temple. For the frist time since battleing my brother i faced deamonettes of Slannesh, However we were victorious banishing the deamons back to the hell they were spawned from.

Still no word from Dalain Moniath But news is getting worse from the north, the Watchtower Spire of Malice has fallen and for the past few weeks it has been held by Cultists. It has taken word this long to reach me due to This So Called Loremaster Nagathi killing my scouts. curse him i shall have to deal with him soon.

Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Lord Vraneth,

I have left my quarters as soon as I was able. I was trapped for 3 days and have now slain 1758 cultists. My brother Daleon has left our quarters yesterday, leaving to the palace of Hellebron. The communications are completely ruined in here, as your message has taken 3 days to find me. My slaves are preparing as we speak, but it will take at least another day to rally all troops. It is chaos. I do not wish to leave, but I will not disobey you again. I will go with a grief in my heart.

Dalain Moniath.
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

56th Day of the Civil war

Well today, some startling news reached me, a letter from my Father. It Seems that he is Greatly saddened by the Death of my Brother Khaleth, but if he betrayed Khaine he Knows i had no choice. I Sent him a letter months ago soon after i left Har Ganeth. I shall have to forward it to lelith down at Wrath gate.

It is now Hell here in Ghrond with skirmishes being fought all over the city However the deamons have fallen back. But it seems that it is the deep breath before the plunge. I have a felling in my bones that something is coming.

Khael Vraneth Lord General of Khaine
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

57th Day of the Civil War

Once again i took to the streets of Ghrond to fight the deamons, when suddenly before me a deamon of great size appeared. i have seen on of these before long ago on Albion, it was an Exalted Deamon of Slannesh. However as it charged me in its eyes was a look of Horror. For 25 long minutes i fought the beast untill my draich found its heart. the deamon looked at me for a few seconds and muttered "Chosen of Khaine Indeed" before it slowly vanished into smoke. with its death most of the deamons in the city slowly vanished to.

With this Blow to the cultists done i fell back to my appartments. however my troops have named me "deamonslayer" and i was compleyed to fight on.

Dalain is now preparing to head north after being being traped for 3 days he is loath to leave but he must otherwise ghrond will fall to the Heritics from the north.

Excuse me but a Letter has arrived for me.

Khael Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine, Deamonslayer.
Terrof darkshroud
Warrior

Post by Terrof darkshroud »

Urgent Letter to High Lord Khael Vraneth, The demonslayer of Khaine.

I write you this letter with grief in my heart, my brother, Former Draich-master and Black Guard Luitenant is dead. He was found lying in the streats after his patrole was ambushed and wiped out by deamons while hunting the twice accursed cultists. I regret that i have not been able to inform you of this since i have been tracking the sorceress who was directing the deamons, last night however, i found her, and with five of my fellow assasins I laid waste to nearly half a dozen of the traitor sorceresses before the guards noticed us and we had to retreat. It gives me great joy to hear that you have bestet the deamon, as my last surviving scout told me he saw it be the one that killed my brother, for not interfering i ,ofcourse, killed him. The five assasins and me have begun to call us The blooded blades, in honour of the loyal druchii that dies here every day. We shal not rest untill every last filthy worshipper of the Slaneeshi mutations lyes dead or dying on the altar of Khaine.

Terr`of Darkshroud, Leader of the blooded blades.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Dispatch To Terr' Of Darkshroud

It is with a heavy heart that i write to you. The News has come as a hammer blow to me, Every death Of One of our Troops is felt keenly by me but none more than this. I Had Forseen Great things for both you and your Brother. If You Wish for a break in the fighting you only need to ask me.

It Seems that none shall be left alone in this war, However now is not the time for Grief. We are still being pushed back, and this i will not tolerate.

Should you wish to see me i shall accept you with open arms.

Regards,
Khael Vraneth
Terrof darkshroud
Warrior

Post by Terrof darkshroud »

Terr´Of entered the chambers of Khael Vraneth, along with his second in command Tarrax a scarred assasin almost twice his age, he knelt down in silence and with his head bowed he said:

My Liege, Terr´Of begun, We are here now, i wish to bring my brothers Draich to you. It is a family hairloom from the great betrayal. But i am the sole survivor of my family and i dont know how to use it. Please take it, i know in my blackened heart that you will know how to use it far better than I ever could, I know this is also what my brother wanted, and I know that his soul will rest easy if you would use it but only once to slay one of the heretic sorceresses as a sacrifise in his name to Khaine.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Khael Stood Up as he looked over battlements smoke hung heavy over the city of Ghrond, Outside the city his keen eyesite could detect movement, cultists more than likely. He now turned to the Assassin standing beside him, His Face hidden from view but he could tell that this Assassin was still Greiving for the loss of his Brother, in his hands a battered and Bloodied old Draich.
"It is Time" The Assassin Said.
"Indeed" Replyed Khael.
both turned and walked down the walkway towards a large gathering of Warriors surronding a Block. Upon the Block was a sorceress, laying there with here mouth gagged and her hands bound. Khael Walked up clad in his Full Dress as a Lord Executioner.
the Sorceress looked up at him and saw something behind him, A Shadow that seemed to be growing in strength. What it was however she could not say.
"Lady Karya, You have been found Guilty of Treason to Khaine. Your Sentance is Death. I Shall Now carry out the sentance." Khael Said in an emotionless voice.
Terr' Of Darkshoud passed Khael His Brothers old Driach. Khael drew a small bottle from his robes and poured a liquid over the blade of the Driach.
Khael Raised the driach above his head and let the blade fall.

A Few minutes later Khael was back on the Battlements with the sorceresses head. looking out Khael Raise the head and threw the head out over the city walls.
Shouting out as it went.
"There you are Nagathi another of your mistresses heads"
Khael Turned and walked away from the wall and back to the fighting.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

59th Day of the Civil war

Things are getting more and more despertate here in Ghrond, almost on every front we are being pushed back, moral is dangerously low. only my pressence seems to be keeping several areas together.

even now my troops are getting beaten even with the presense of my best generals. Something stronger and more powerfull is driving the cultists but what i cannot say.

Excuse me for my haste in this breif nnote but fighting has broken out outside.

Khael Vraneth.
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Lord Khael Vraneth,

I've arrived at my destination, only to find the watchtower deserted, no sign of battle nothing. Not a sign... Even my scouts haven't been able to see any sign of an army... I am puzzled. What should I do? Take the watchtower that either our forces or the enemy have deserted or return to ghrond?

Dalain Moniath

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

60th Day of the Civil War.

The Conflict has now been running for almost 2 months now and the tables are turning. from being sorely outnumbered in may areas the cult has now equall in numbers. A Curse i lay upon them.

Terr' Of Darkshroud has dissapeared again i am not sure where he has gone or what he has gone to do you can never tell with these Assassins, but i trust what he has done is to try and find out who killed his Brother. His Brothers Draich is hanging from the wall above me untill a true heir can recover it.

So Far i have beheaded over 6 Sorceresses of Slannesh as a promise i kept to this so called loremaster Nagathi. i do Not think that he lives as he has not threatened me for several days now. Ha The weaking foll must be dead already.

Praise to Khaine. No Excuse me a messenger has arrived.

Khael Vraneth
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Dispatch to Dalain Moniath.

Dalain, This news puzzles me greatly i had expected to find a garrison of the tower still there. However i suspect a trap. this is what you shall do, you yourself shall lead a garrison force up to the tower and take possesion of it. However make sure you split your remaining forces in two and give the two forces command to your most trusted Generals. Order them to keep out of site and if you are attacked in the tower get these forces to attack your enemies in a pince movement.

May Khaine Guide you Blade.

Regard

Kheal Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine.

P.S: Your father wishes you Luck.
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Lord Kheal Vraneth,

I've already send a force into the garrison, but there really are no signs of any combat, I'm afraid the garrison has left the watchtower. Since all supplies are gone and not a drop of bloods or a lock of hair are to be found. I fear they have deserted our cause and that lingering here will have no use.. For this watchtower there has been no fighting, so it has no interest for the enemy. Maybe the garrison went to reinforce another watchtower. I will not do as you told me for if you where here you would make the same conclusion I have. I will move on to the watchtower east of here. Reinforcing the garrison there. If the enemy want fighting they will have to follow us. I cannot linger while fighting is over my nation. Nor can my men. They want blood, cultists blood I hope you understand.

Dalain Moniath.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

61st Day of the Civil War.

Another army from the south attacked today, However i managed to secure the gate and kill the Sorceress that led the force. However it seems that we have stopped the flow of cultists from the north and now they seem to be coming from the south. Perhaps i should send some forces south to deal with them.

Dalain Moniath has sent his dispatch back and he says that the watchtower was abandoned by the defenders and he is heading off to reinforce another watchtower. He Has good judgement that one.

No Excuse me i have to send a letter to General Kala.

Khael Vraneth
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Lord General

I have heard that you are in need of some forces in the south. I will send my sisters immediatly if you wish.

Galeth Sieth
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Me: I h8 u lol :P
just coz i found a legend combo and u didnt
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

64th Day of the Civil War.

It Seems that Most of my communications have been cut. For the first time in a while a letter came through from my father. i shall dwell on that later but it seems that very few of my orders are actually getting to their destinations. My messengers are being intercepted, and killed. with this News it explains why the cult seems the be able to anticipate my every move. From Now onmy Messages shall be encrypted.

But Now on Regards to my Father. He is well but Drukh has been wounded and my father is considering sending him home, to Har Ganeth. If my Father does this i Shall have to step down as Reagant of Har Ganeth and my eldest Brother shall take over. Also he sends word of our Glorious king. Malekith Still takes no side but he is apparently impressed by my leadership skills, i do not know if this is true but if it is i am honoured.

My Sister has still not replied to the orders that i sent her via General Kala, perhaps she is still upset at my treatment of her and if she is i am sorry. However what is done is done and i had no choice i had to send my most trusted General south and i trust no one But my Sister in these Dark Days.

Here in Ghrond Things are still out of control. Although myself and my Generals can halt the tide we are running out of Warriors, it seems that i must make another appeal to Hellbronne for more troops. I Detest her.

No Excuse me i must Prepare for Battle

Khael Vraneth
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

--Two letters arrive via a single messenger, one in Lelith's handwriting and one in Kala's.--

My Brother,

I’m confirming that I just received your orders to move out yesterday. The message was delayed more than two weeks. The Legions are mustering provisions for the march. We’ll be moving out by sunset. I made double sure that we are moving quickly to make up for lost time.

General Kala’s informants have let it slip to me that the force approaching from the south is likely the army of this “Lord Democles” that you have been hearing about. Kala has suggested that we head south by southwest in order to intercept them.

It’s going to be a glorious sight. I don’t think that I have ever commanded such a large force. I’m excited. I’ve waited and waited for this day. I know that I’m ready to command a full battle force. I swear before Khaine that the Cultists will never get past us.

Hold fast, my brother. We will guard the south. The Bloody Handed One is with us.

My undying affection,
Your Sister Lelith

---

To Khael Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine
Temple High Command, Ghrond.

Greetings and Salutations my Friend,

Though I appreciate your intelligence, it comes as no surprise to me that several Black Lotus informants have been slain in Ghrond. The other, more skilled informants have told me as much. My layers of espionage in Ghrond are second only to those in Naggarond. Plans within plans, my friend. Still, I am sure that you have a few disposables that would provide for additional cover for the true infiltrators.

On the subject, I have pertinent intelligence to share. You may already know this, but I wish to inform you that a formidable Cultist warhost approaches from the south. As of yet, I do not know their disposition. But I strongly doubt that they are as tolerant or secular-minded as myself. I regret that my rearguard cannot detain them without being needlessly slaughtered.

I afforded you the respect of not opening your sealed orders to your sister. However, I can clearly guess your intent. I will do what I can to protect her, but my eyes must be on the Asur. They are becoming clever as of late.

Also, I have no doubt that I will soon be brought up on charges of Heresy. My disposition upon using Daemons to absorb front line attrition casualties has met the ear of your Mistress. No doubt Crone Hellebron desires my downfall even though doing so may hand the Asur the key to our back door. Worry not for me, though. A heretic with an army does not go easily to the altar.

May your blade stay wet,
General Kala Kodai of House Velari
Commander, Black Lotus Brigade
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.