Kinstrife In Har Ganeth

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

To Lord Vraneth

I heard of your victory and I congratulate you, I saw your army coming this way so as I write me and my trooops are on their way to Ghrond to get ready for your arrival and to heal any wounds you may have suffered.

P.S. once this task is done Me and my men shall continue to protect Ghrond and we shall track down any survivors from your battle.

Regards
Galeth Sieth
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Me: I h8 u lol :P
just coz i found a legend combo and u didnt
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

26th Day of the Civil War.

We have Arrived at Ghrond my men were welcomed as heros in the war torn city, i shall have to thank young Galeth for that. although Wounded i managed to walk into the city under my own strength. Hellbronne Was most pleased to hear of my victory. she has sumonded me to her Chambers as soon as i am fit enough. i have not heard from Lord Moniath, yet and i fear for his life. i have not yet spoken to his sons about the matter yet.

I Shall try and go see the Hag Queen tommorow, if i am fit enough however here in Ghrond they are supposed to have the best healers in Naggaroth.

Khael Vraneth
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

(this letter is hastily scribed and drops of blood cover it, brought in by a messenger from the temple, saying it was brought by a bloodied harpy, they didn't understand how it could be that the harpies had listened to anyone. Someone must have shed so much blood that she respects her)

Lord Vraneth, I have little hope of this message reaching you but if it does I bid for help, ASAP. The hordes are numberless and even now we have slaughtered thousands. We've fought for every inch of the pinacle, slaying 10 slaanesh bastards every step up. Now we are running out of men and we have reached the first bastion. I think the bastion is strong enough to last us out for perhaps 3 more days, if the enemy do not come up with something unexpected. This will be the last message I will try to send, and I have no hope of it reaching ghrond. The small chance however is enough for me to try. If this message reaches grhond tell my sons that I am prouder than I could have ever been. Prouder than I will ever be...

May I see you soon or beyond.

Lord Moniath.
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Lord Vraneth,

I have just heard news from my Sisters, they are ready to march to any destination you require of them. I have heard that Lord Moniath is defending the watchtowers but is not faring well, so if you want they shalll march to there.

Regards
Galeth Sieth
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Galeth Sieth,

Your Orders are as follows, you shall, leave Ghrond with the upmost dispatch with every Available rider you have at your disposal, and head north to the watchtower Spire of Darkness, and attempt to Relieve Lord Moniath at the tower. i am giving you an extra 3 battlions of Dark Riders, 2 Battlions of Cold one Knights and a dozen Chariots. Use these forces well, General.

Regards
Khael Vraneth.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Khael Vraneth,

I will do as you say and I hope I am not too late to help. I shall leave my sisters at ghrond to defend our glorious city

Regards
Galeth Sieth.
Death is near.

Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Lord Vraneth,

When you find this message me and my brother will have joined Lord Sieth en route to the watchtowers, we cannot leave our father without help, and if he is dead we will avenge him. We will undergo every punishment you lay upon us if we return. This we must do nonetheless, we have taken every rider and knight available to us and will join lord sieth up route to the north.

Daleon, joining the forces of Lord Sieth.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Khael Vraneth,

Moniaths sons have joined my forces in an attempt to rescue their father, we are in sight of the tip of the Watch tower, we are quickening our pace and we will hopefully be there in 1 day if we are lucky.

Regards
Galeth Sieth
Death is near.

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

27th Day of the Civil War.

Today I was called To Queen Hellbronne's Appartments, still Fuming due to the Fact Lord Moniath's Sons Had Disobeyed a direct order. they Have gone of With General Sieth in an attempt to rescue their father.

My Meetting with Hellbronne was a long one, for 7 long hours we discused matters varying from the current situation in Ghrond, To my own loyalties. I Also told her my Intentions, i Was Planning to Go South to Aid General Kala, at this there was a glint in her Eye that i didn't quite like. However at the End of the Meeting as i bowed and turned to Leave she called me Back, and Promoted me there and Then to Lord General of Khaine.

I was Stunned, I could not beleive what i had just been promoted to, in just a few days i had defeated my Brother and now Hellbronne has put me in charge of every army of Khaine in Naggaroth. this is a great honour.

However i will have to break the news to General Kala, she is not going to take it well as i promised her long ago to go south once my vendetta was complete. but now i can't, instead i shall send one of Lord Moniath's Sons south as soon as they return as a punishment.

However i shall have to Go as a Preistess has just arrived.

Khael Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine.
Reality check:
I Promoted myself to Lord General of Khaine due to the fact that i was made leader of Team Khaine by Langmann, if anyone wishes to join PM me.
Voodoomaster
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

To Lord General Khael Vraneth,
High Temple of Khaine, Ghrond

Greetings Lord General

My informants have notified me of both the fulfillment of your vendetta and your promotion. It is gratifying to hear that things are going well for you. The favor of Crone Hellebron is a fascinating position. I am sure that she has you focused firmly on achieving her earthly goals and ambitions, all in the name of Khaine. I am also sure that she has a very valid reason for keeping you from fulfilling your promise to aid all of Naggaroth by holding the Wrath Gate, though the logic eludes me.

Her goals are also felt here at the Wrath Gate, where we are sorely pressed by the Asur. They are numerous and quite focused on achieving a chokehold on our homeland. Many commanders and sub-commanders loyal to Hellebron's influence within the Temple have left their posts to kill other Druchii instead of our truest and most hated enemy of many centuries. It is a shame that they are not there to help me keep our cousins out of the Underway. You remember the Underway? It is the quickest path between Arnheim and Naggarond.

Your beloved sister sends her warmest regards. It is such a pity, considering the reduction in troops, that I may have to deploy her to fill in some gaps that deserting Khaine fanatics have left. Some of those posts are exceedingly dangerous.

Congratulations again on your newfound power. I hope it serves you well.

General Kala Kodai Velari
Commander, Black Lotus Brigade
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Lord General Vraneth,

I was absolutely amazed and yet very pleased when I heard of your promotion. Now that this has happened since you cannot march to Wrath Gate, if you allow it my sisters shall march there and help General Kala down there.

Now back to what I was supposed tosay we are nearing the watch tower we will get there in half a day now, I hope we are not too late to save Moniath. His sons are hoping for the best just as I am. We can hear the sound of fighting in the distance.

Regards
Galeth Sieth
Death is near.

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

28th Day of the Civil War.

It Seems that Here in ghrond the Fighting has died down at Last, with only a few minor Skirmishes in and around the city, It Seems That General Sieth's Tatics of Taking out Bases around the City has had a great affect on the number of slannesh worshipers in the city.

This morning at Dawn all the Troops inside Ghrond Swore Fidelity to me as their Supreme General. However it seems that they still hold Hellbronne higher in their loyalties than me. The Letter that General Kala sent me this Morning has Made Hellbronnes Actions clear to me, She is Simply going to use me as a sheild Against chaos until she has accomplished her own Aims. What Those aims i still do not Know. It Seems that my only True Allies are the ones i have at the moment. are the Leigions That are not From Ghrond, i have 5 Leigions from Har Ganeth, 2 From Karond Kar, 1 from Clar Karond, 1 from Naggarond and 4 from Hag Greaf.

I Have already made up my mind, with reports of the situation worsening in Karond Kar i have informed Hellbronne of My intentions to go to Karond Kar to help the City, She has Grudgingly given me her blessing, i shall leave as soon as General Seith, and Lord Moniath's sons Return from the North. In the Mean time i have sent 2 Leigions of Ghrond and the 2 Leigions from Karond Kar back to the City, to try and Relieve the Pressue on the city.

Excuess me whilst i write some orders.

Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Lord General,

We have arrived, but the fighting had already started. We will charge in as soon as I have finished this letter. We will look out for Moniath and protect him at all costs. There are floods of Chaos all over the place trying too break through to the watchtower. I hope that we will be able to hold them off for as long as we can to get Moniath out of there. We will crush these puny excuses for soldiers.

Please excuse me now, but I must kill some slaneesh followers.

Regards
General Sieth
Death is near.

General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

A letter arrives in Lelith’s handwriting with the Black Lotus seal on it….

My Dear Brother,

The oddest thing just occurred. General Kala just walked into my tent with a quill and blank parchment from her own journal. She handed them to me and told me that you’d like to hear from me. Then she left without another word. She’s enigmatic, even for a Druchii. One moment she’s blessed with all the fury of Khaine, then the next she’s contemplative and even serene.

But I’m grateful for the reprieve in my Tenebremancy studies and the opportunity to write to you. Khaleth is finally dead and I have not had the opportunity to congratulate you. I’m envious that I wasn’t there to eternally curse his worthless soul for betraying Khaine and our family. Have you sent a letter to Drukh? He will probably have mixed feelings about your success. I’m glad it’s done, though. I have no regrets. I only wish it were Morathi next under your Draich.

Kala told me that Crone Hellebron herself promoted you to Lord General. It's a great honor and I'm sure father would be proud. But I'm worried for you. I’ve faced many horrors in studying dark magic, but Hellebron scares me more than any of them. Be careful, brother.

As for the General, she treats me as an honored houseguest more than a field commander of the god of murder. She’s sent me into battle only once, and even then as a diversion. The rest of the time we’ve just sat around to defend and intimidate. I’d break her commands and kill some Asur if it weren’t for respect for you. You know how I hate to be coddled.

She’s also started summoning daemons. I absolutely hate the Slaaneshi things. I’d kill her myself for blasphemy against Khaine except that she absolutely forbids any religious preaching among her troops. She just thinks of them as another set of claws to kill Asur with. She may be walking a razors edge of heresy, but she hasn’t been wrong yet in any of her strategic decisions. But I’m going to keep an eye on the Sorceresses that are performing the summonings.

Speaking of our cousins, we keep playing a game of punch-counterpunch with them. They attack and gain some ground then we attack and take it back. I’m ready for some real bloodshed. We’ve got the Wrath Gate. I think we should attack them at their Shadow Gate and kill every last one in the name of Khaela Mensha Khaine, but General Kala won’t have it. She insists that we have to seal our gates up first.

I am taking part in the first ritual of the spell that locks the gates. Ward of the Black Seal is a serious piece of magic. Sixteen Sorceresses are channeling into these gigantic doors around the clock. The binding energy is incredibly complicated. It’s like a magical maze. I was utterly exhausted by the time another Black Lotus Sorceress took my place. The Asur mages really broke it down, so it’ll take a while to finish. But magic is like a muscle – the more you use it the stronger you get. I’ll come out of this ritual even more powerful than before.

Well I hope that you are doing well. I’m sending a little gift as a reward for killing our brother. The General is hoarding a few cases of Caledorian brandy that got captured in a supply raid a few weeks back. I managed to swipe a bottle while she wasn’t looking.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to finish memorizing the 57th Incantation of Arnizipal.

Your loving sister,
Lelith
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
The dark prince
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by The dark prince »

Lord General Vraneth,

I write while on passage to the Wrath Gate, having come from my home in Har Ganeth, to add my forces of loyal Khainites to General Kala Kodai Velari and his Black Lotus brigade. I send my commendations on your promotion. I have urgent orders from the Crone, who I had a personal exchange with en route, to reinforce the Wrath Gate, no matter the cost of lives. Ghrond is under severe attack from the Dark Prince's forces, but my loyal lieutenant, Beastmaster Stry'itra has told me they are holding for now. Once the Wrath Gate is secured, I shall be returning their to offer what is left of my forces to Hellebron.

My brigade of loyal Executioners has encountered little resistance through the Blackspine Mountains, having been protected by some of my father's connections to the Blood Raven Shade Clan. As I write this we are but 120 leagues from the Wrath Gate. I have with me 12 regiments of loyal Executioners and my loyal bodyguard of Draich-Masters, along with 17 citizen guard regiments. But, the candle wanes, and I must retire, for an Executioner Lord rises early to train as you well know.

Strongest Regards,

Morthan Vulkaanis, Lord of the 21st Ghrond Loyal Draiches
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

32nd Day of the Civil War

i still have had no news from General Sieth's Forces and i now fear the worst, i have had no news from the north for 3 days however i have had news from the south, My dear sister Lelith has sent me a letter, she is over joyed to hear of my victory against Khaleth but she has asked me to Write to Drukh, our Eldest Brother. However i do not intend to bring him back From Ulthuan as he is not under my command instead i have sent a letter to my father Kurl, to tell him of What has Happened.

Lord Vulkannis has written to me, it has been over a century since i last heard from him but at last some troops have come available for General Kala as Lord Vulkannis has gone south to Wrath Gate.

But now to issues here at Ghrond, Death Night has come and Gone and many Cultists have been dragged to Khaines Alters however. the Psychotic Witch elves could not tell friend from foe, and a number of my own troops were dragged off to the alters, some witch elves even broke into my appartments and attacked me although there was 6 of them i survived with only my Dagger. There was no way i could fight off 6 of them with that. So instead i grabbed the nearest witch elf and used her as a club, after the other 5 were senseless i threw the one in my hands out of the tower window.

this Has Proved a blessing in Desguise as i am now fit enough to return to battle.

Now if you Excuse me i have some orders to Write.

Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Lord General,

I hope that this message has reached you. We had not anticipated the amount of chaos attacking the watch towers. Some of my forces are resting, while the rest fight, but the chaos shall soon come again in their hundreds. We have still not found Moniath and his sons are getting increasingly worried. If we do not find him soon we will have to retreat and gather more soldiers.

Regards
Galeth Sieth
Death is near.

Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Lord of all of khaines armies, Lord executioner and Lord Vraneth,

It is not looking to good out here, we have found the watchtower my father is in, and we have seen the banners of kadath hanging from the bastion. The tower itself is coloured red with blood, the stairs covered in dead cultists. We have but few knowledge of what is up there, but it is certain that the upper bastion is still in my fathers hands. It looks that our attacks have disrupted the main attack on the tower for we only see cultists climb up the stairs from time to time, there is no longer a neverending line of cultists... The groups send up are large however, and we need to break them soon. Our strategy is to try and take the bottom of the tower, so that my father can cut his way down, and rally with us. Our worries however lay in our amount of troops. We have lost many in our several breakthrough attemps, and I am afraid that my brother is to direly wounded to continue much longer. He refuses to rest however, the sight of so many Cultists surrounding our father makes him furious and drives him to feats of fortitude I thought where impossible for an elf, I fear he will push himself to far. Now I will rest, for this was another tiring day, praise to khaine I will wake up tomorrow.

May khaine be with you and may hunting be good,
Lord Daleon Moniath, currently stationed 5 miles from the watchtower.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Terrof darkshroud
Warrior

Post by Terrof darkshroud »

Lord General of the Khanities, High Lord Vraneth.

First, I wish to congratulate you at your promotion, this must surely bring great honour to your house. It gives me great pride that i have served under one such as you in the last decade. Now i have however been granted command of my own small army of loyalists and hereby pledge myself to you.

Secondly, I have heard that several of your largest allies is trapped in a siege of the watchtower Spire of Darkness, as I do not wish to see those of our brethren still loyal to the only true god fall, i have made haste to join them in an attempt to lift the siege. If you wish to reach me with new orders, simply send them back with the chariot that brought you this letter.
My brother wishes to inform you that his skills as an assasin of the Khanite temple is at your disposal.

May our swords never run dry from heretic blood.
D´stry Darkshroud, Commander of the 19 loyal brigade of Hag Graef and Terr´of Darkshroud, Assasin of the most holy temple of Khaine
Last edited by Terrof darkshroud on Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Lord General,

I had just joined in the fray, there was blood shed everywhere. We are still trying to make it to the base of the wachtower but we are help off. I hope we take the base soon so that Moniath can escape because if this keeps on happening we are going to have to retreat.

Regards Galeth Sieth
Death is near.

Terrof darkshroud
Warrior

Post by Terrof darkshroud »

High Lord Vraneth

As you have not given me or my army any other orders, i have continued my armys march against the watchtowers. It is now within our wery grasp, but the situation looks dire indeed. Hopefully my army will be able to turn the tide for the better.
I have given over command of all my Riders and Knights to Galeth Sieth, hopefully he will use them well.
It troubles me greatly that we have seen no proof to see if Lord Moniath is still alive, but we still hope, My brother have left with my shades to couse as much havock behind enemy lines as posible. Hopefully, we will be able to breach the lines of the hereticks soon.

D´stry Darkshroud
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Lord Vraneth,

Finally reinforcements, they have come. And in an unexpected form, our ally of old has joined the fray, lord Darkshroud. I am glad to see him well and helping us. Now we can have half a days rest to heal some wounds. My brother Dalain has finally succumbed to his wounds, I had to drag him from his chariot and take him away. Nearly had the enemy stolen one of the twin chariots! Gifts from malekith to our family. Luckily enough an attack of our dark riders managed to get the chariot in our hands. They will be honoured with great gifts when this is over. The Banner of Kadath still hangs on the top bastion and our harrasment has greatly reduced slaanesh reinforcements for the siege on top of the tower. I have good hopes, something I haven't had in long days. I will return to my brother as for now, he hasn't heard this good news himself. He has been having illusions and high fevers, a poison of the enemy I am sure. Praise to khaine, may he live! May all fare thee well.

Good Hunting, may Khaine be with you,
Lord Daleon Moniath, within sight of the Spire of Darkness.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

34th Day of the Civil War.

Finally, there has been some sort of Respite in the Fighting here at Ghrond. For the first time since the Fight against my brother i was in battle. troops seemed to rally to me where ever i went. for 2 solid days i have been fighting and there seems to be a more even footing now considering we were hard pressed 2 days ago.

Hellbronne Has unleashed the Assassin's of the Temple. Rumour, Has it that even the Great ShadowBlade himself has been unleashed. If i was a Cultist i would leave before the Master Assassin Finds me, But i am not and i have already given thanks to Khaine for the victories one this Day.

Now i must Go there has been Many Letters to Me in the Last 2 Days.

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Dispatch to D´stry Darkshroud.

It Is good to hear from you Again, it is good to have so many Promising Young Generals Under my Command, but enough of this Idel Talk.

I apoligise for the Delay in this Message but i have been fighting in Ghrond for 2 solid Days and i have been unable to answer any letters. My orders were for you to Head to the watch towers and assist Lord Daleon Moniath and General Galeth Sieth, But you used your Initative and did this anyway, I Shall Expect Great Things From You General.

Good Hunting.

Regards Khael Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine.
Last edited by Voodoomaster on Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Dispatch to Daleon Moniath,

I Apoligise for the Delay in this Message but i have been fighting in Ghrond for 2 solid Days and i have been unable to answer any letters. these Are Your current orders.

You Shall continue to attempt to Break Through the Chaos Lines Co-ordinate your attacks with General's Galeth Sieth and D'stry Darkshroud. if you have not Broken Through in 2 days time you shall fall back and regroup your armies 3 Leagues From the Watchtowers. From There you Shall Wait For General Seith for he Has additional Orders.

Regards

Khael Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine
Last edited by Voodoomaster on Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.