Some ideas for a cathay khainite army...

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Manwe
Highborn

Some ideas for a cathay khainite army...

Post by Manwe »

I have had the idea of a cathay army in my mind for a long time, not a cathay army, but a druchii outpost near cathay... Since the civil war my ideas for a khainite army started emerging, and I am now at the point that I want to start a khainite army, with a cathay touch to it. For those who have read my fluff, you shall know that I have added a part of my current family, that of moniath, fighting in cathay. I had the idea of one of the sons of my lord to build an outpost there, nothing big. But it gives me the opportunity to create the army that I want.

I have also thought of a colourscheme, I was thinking of a bonecoloured armour. Like the chitin on tyranids and with red clothing underneath. On multi layered armour, like executioners, I will use the chitin as underplates with red "laquered" layers on top.

Well is it something?

I do hate myself cause I will have to repaint the painted units again. But slickster has offered some help on cleaning my current models of the paint.

Ow and one technical question, a friend of mine told me that you could clean plastics with brakefluid without damaging them. Does anyone know that is true? It would be handy cause 5 layers on 1 model just stinks...
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Aachil lathanast »

Colour scheme sounds good ( although I will have to see some pics ) but it will take more than new colour scheme to represent the fact that they are stationed on the other side of the world. In the new conditions they will have to adapt to new surroundings so a change of a thing or two is in order. Make their banners to resemble those of ancient China or Japan. A few weapons swaps to resemble those from their surroundings would also be a good idea. Although a true Druchii would never stoop himself so low to borow something from inferior races you have to realize that they are far from homeland so they have to work with their current resources.
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

One question: what is a Khainite army doing in Cathay, when there's a civil war that needs to be fought? :?
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

@ Aachil Lathanast, I was thinking of giving my executioners katanas. To resemble the fact that they have adjusted to the area. Further more, laquered armour was something they used in the old asia. And the chitin parts of armour are to resemble wood, so they can stand the heat out there. I think that is a showing of their long time staying.

@Lethalis: I will adjust my traditional idea with an army moving there to an army already stationed there for a long time. So they have nothing to do with the civil war and have probably only heard rumours of a war going on in their homeland. They cannot afford to participate since they need all the men they have to keep their homes safe.

Now how to get that into my current storyline...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

They cannot afford to participate since they need all the men they have to keep their homes safe.

Well that's nice, having fun in a sunny warm country with plenty of resources, while we're busy in our chilly land fighting a bitter war...

And how are you planning to put Katana's on your exe's?
Come to think of it, why isn't this in P&M?
Come to think of it even more, you already fought one match for Khaine, why quit?
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

No adversaries :( , well I will be fighting with a list saturday. vs HE. But after that I have no enemies to fight for the campaign. About the katanas. That will be a very easy conversion. Just cut of the handprotection of the handle (real katana's don't have that), and then stick a thin metal plate to the handle... Need to find something appropriate for that though. But the conversion will be very simple.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Shadowlance
Highborn

Post by Shadowlance »

I like your idea. It's something i've actually considered myself on previous occasions.

Just a note on the katanas. They are Japanese, which is Nippon, not Cathay. While the Chinese used curved swords, they looked very different. And don't try and say that they would have been influenced by Japan, because they weren't. China considered it's culture superior and would not allow it to be influenced. Also, most katanas did have the guard, they just don't look as kool.
As a Druchii and Ogre Kingdoms player, I'd have to say that my favourite meal is well done Merwyrm. Although one must be careful with all those little bones.

Fairly innactive right now, dealing with some serious and extended illness.