Another Information Update...

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Kitrik
Fearless Leader of the "Cult of Kitrik"

Another Information Update...

Post by Kitrik »

Hey guys - it's been a while since I posted what is going on with the site developement, so here it is!

Features:
All new features are being postponed until the next major upgrade (2.2). That upgrade will hopefully be around Christmas but I won't guarantee anything. The software I use is at M-2 (milestone 2) of 4. It is pretty close to finished so it's just a matter of waiting for it to be done. I am taking the month of January off from school to work on personal projects, namely, this one. So January will be a big month for Druchii.net...

T-Shirts:
I am gungho about the shirts. I have talked to DA and we are making final arrangements to get artwork to the designers and get the shirts printed. I hope to be taking pre-orders for the shirts within 2-3 weeks. I will be working on a store-front this weekend so ordering will be a pain-free experience. PayPal is looking to be the payment option of choice so get those accounts ready! I will try and see what we can do in terms of accepting Credit Cards, but don't get your hopes up - that costs a lot of money! Look for a BIG announcement this weekend with pics!!!

I know this question will come up, so here is my answer: avatars are put-off until big update (December/January) for two reasons. (1) Server bandwidth is only now becoming available to us. Joel Vogt has not given me the final go-ahead with using the full-allotment of bandwidth that we need but I expect it to be within the next 3 weeks. (2) Too much work to setup the avatars and gallery when I could be using that time to work with the NEW stuff. Just wait...

That's all folks!

Kitrik
Icon hack
Druchii Anointed
Druchii Anointed

Post by Icon hack »

How are you on project funds, Kirtrik? Are you expecting to make enough off the T-shirts to cover the upgrade & operations costs, or would it be a significant help if we tried to get a slight flury of donations going?
Wishing everyone the very best, to the end of your days.
Kitrik

Post by Kitrik »

Funds are okay. I have about $50 in the PayPal account to work with at the moment from small donations over the last few months. Other than that, the major donations back in the Spring went to the server.

T-Shirts should cover it though...

Kitrik
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

I hope those T-shirts will be available to us here in Europe too. If the shirts look fine I might buy a few
Seraphlaw
Druchii Archangel

Post by Seraphlaw »

i'll be waitng for the shirts... are the sales local or global?
Seraphlaw

"HA! What damage can a DRUCHII do?" - Famous Last Words
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

And when do you expect to have the awards finished? december/January?
Kitrik

Post by Kitrik »

T-Shirts will be global. THey are being produced in the UK and then I believe we will be doing 'shipping centers' in different regions to cut down on shipping costs... don't know yet though...

Awards? I'm not in charge of those! lol! But if it hasn't been done by January, I will certainly help them along a little...

Kitrik
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

Kitrik - we need you to do the coding for the awards.

And for you to make a quarterly site
And all the other initiative sites.
And to do those RPG updates you've promised.
And a few more things I can't think of atm.

End rant here :P
Furion
High Sorcerer

Post by Furion »

Maybe I missed something, but what awards and for what? Anyone?
Putting the FUN back into fundamentalism since 1998
Dungeon_god
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dungeon_god »

They are awards for the various people who have done good things for druchii.net-i.e. DA and Langmann for their hard work in the revision, as well as others for other things.

(yes, I'm tired, it's late, so excuse me for being quick to say it)
Well, time WOULD be nice...
And, Storm of Chaos is here. Are you ready?
Furion
High Sorcerer

Post by Furion »

dungeon_god wrote:They are awards for the various people who have done good things for druchii.net-i.e. DA and Langmann for their hard work in the revision, as well as others for other things.

So we get to have grammy awards or something? ;)

(yes, I'm tired, it's late, so excuse me for being quick to say it)

After seeing your short bio there, I never knew you were in Utah. You're probably the closet fellow on here to me. I'm in Oklahoma. It's later for me...
Putting the FUN back into fundamentalism since 1998
Sanguinius
Black Guard

Post by Sanguinius »

Whoopie t-shirts to rub in my opponents face when I play, it doesn't get much better than this :twisted:
We are the vanguard of honour. The leading edge of one thousand corsairs. We bring DEATH!
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Yeah, we get Grammy Awards, except this isn't rigged. We admins are voting now and will inform the community of our decisions soon.

And I'm really looking forward to having a couple of T-Shirts. I'm proud to be a member here!
Goodbye.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

I think the result from the voting will be printed in the January issue of the Druchii.net Quarterly (and no, us reporters hasen't seen the outcome yet)
Morfaenor
Executioner

Post by Morfaenor »

Shirts sound cool I might have to look into that thanks boss ;)
When the blood starts to flow grab a cup and get it down you.
Cerulaetas
Highborn
Location: Behind you liek omg so whitty lolz I r unique lol!!11!1one wtf!

Post by Cerulaetas »

Perhaps other merchandise, such as Mouse Pads, and such?

Here's an idea for a mousepad: divide it up into a 10x6 grid of squares, and put a different druchii rune in each one, and then have a translation of each. A nice little translation chart right at your fingertips !lol!

Another Idea: A nice big picture of an executioner with his sword raised over his head, or over the head of a kneeling high elf (ok, that may be a bit too much), but executioners are some of the coolest looking infantry out there... maybe do a whole series of the Dark Elf units and have like, a "Collect them all!" thing. I realize that you'd have to worry about copyright infringement and licensing though, so that may complicate things a tid bit.

There's also the possibility of getting permission from outstanding painters and modelers (like GeOrc for one) to use pictures of their models on merchandise.
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:So, you're saying that dwarf ironbreakers in HTH combat are heavy cavalry?
You're wierd...
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Illustrators for those Mousepads could very well be the excellent people in the Illustrators' Team. I like the idea of the druchii runes, but then you'll have to discuss it with Shadowspite.

Loremaster Nagathi