Time to delete Zero-posters?

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Binky
High Chief Lord Mod of Funnyness

Post by Binky »

!lol! Sneaky, do you ever drop things? I haven't changed my name in almost 2 days, that counts as stable for me :roll:

Maybe you should make the name changing thing classified, or you could just ban me as an example of what happens to those fiends who change their names... ;)
Falahk
Night Goblin

Post by Falahk »

u havent changed your name in a long time injektilo, just your profile....as i do all the time
SWFBR- Swedish Warhammer Tournament Calendar, Ranking and Forum
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Someone said something vaguely in reference to you, so I had to mention you. What can I say? I revere you or something.
Goodbye.
Binky
High Chief Lord Mod of Funnyness

Post by Binky »

Yes well Sneaky, revering such an esteemed and awesome entity such is myself is only natural, continue to show such devotion by mentioning my name in seemingly every post you come across, thereby spreading the word, and you shall surely be favoured above all my other minions...
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

I think only members that dont visit the site for months and have 0 posts should be deleted... Most people just check the forums and dont post, why should we delete them?
"Oloth regar nindolen vel'uss b'luthyrr lil Darthiir"
Slickster
Beastmaster

Post by Slickster »

if there were only people who would never post we didnt have had this site!!

and if you dont contribute you dont earn it to read everything.

and if those people wouldnt come here,we would have an fast runnung chat and site!(i think?)

but i dont care really!
Woman;
"Can't live with them, can't have hetero sex without them."
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Oloth wrote:Most people just check the forums and dont post, why should we delete them?
Because you can do all that without having an account.
I put up this suggestion (a long time ago) because I thought those member accounts took up needed bandwidth.

- Nag
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

Anyway I realy dont care if they are deleted or not but if it is for the bandwidth then I agree with you. What worries me is that if the policy of our community was like that maybe some members that shouldnt be deleted would for some reason. For example I'm not a zero poster but on Aug 12 I will be leaving in a training trip (as I am a navy apprentice officer) and be back to Greece at Feb. During this time I might be able to visit the site once in a while but this is not certain. Whould I be considered an idle account or something and for that be removed? That doesnt sound fair to me!
Keepfishinweezer
Slave on the Altar

Post by Keepfishinweezer »

i probably count as a zero poster, but i only registered yesterday ;)

ah well, first post, don't delete me folks! :P

As mentioned earlier, there is an audience, so maybe what should happen is e-mails should be sent to the non-posters warning them, and if they do not post in say a month, delete their account. if they really want an account, surely they can just make another!

And hey everybody, im new here
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

As I said weezer I will be mishing for quite a few months and probably I wont be able to post for some time during that period. They cant just delete my account... Make a new one? We have ranks here at Druchii.net depending to the number of our posts we cant loose this... what about our pride??? lol! :lol:
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Oloth, by 0-poster I mean those who have not posted, those who have a post count of 0
As soon as you start posting we can't (or won't) delete you. That would be absurd. Those without a rank, those who has not yet posted, those will not lose anything on getting deleted and having to create a new account.

- Nag
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

I know Loremaster but as Sneaky said "Perhaps I should explain something about the Administration Panel. There is one command labelled "prune users", and this command will remove any user who has not logged in for a certain number of days." Thats why I mentioned it, for 0 posters yes delete them but for people that havent visited the site for a while?... maybe something has happened to them or they are missing like I will be next month.... ;)
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Oloth, will you be gone for 9 months? No, and even if you were, I could guess you could contact the admins about it, and perhaps there is a way for them to "save" your account.

- Nag
Bloodtemplar
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Bloodtemplar »

lord slick wrote:if there were only people who would never post we didnt have had this site!!

But that's not even a realictic scenario. There are always people that are contributing, so this'll never be a problem. Hell, there are a lot of people 'contributing' even when they have nothing intelligent to say.

lord slick wrote:and if you dont contribute you dont earn it to read everything.

If that was the case then this would be a private, not public, site. How about when someone has picked up the game yesterday and found this site to get some tips on how to play this game? Should he just babble something useless and make threads to earn his access to this site? Hell no. Spammers and post-count-junkies are the real problem, not zero-posters.

Loremaster Nagathi wrote:Because you can do all that without having an account.

But having an account has its benefits even if you don't post, like seeing which threads have received new replies since your last visit.

As has been brought up, completely inactive accounts are deleted automatically after a time so I don't see the problem here. I don't think any additional 'purging' is needed, that would just drive away the new and shy people.
Metal for miniatures - plastic for toys.
Oloth
Beastmaster

Post by Oloth »

Blood Templar is right, that would just drive away the new and shy people and maybe people of non english countries that have problem with writing in english like me or are afraid that someone is going to make fun of them as I recently saw an incident like that in the SOC forums. A guy from a non english country wrote something and all the wise &%#@* were correcting him and stuff like that... :?
And yes Loremaster Nagathi I might as well be missing for 9 months for sure 6 but maybe if something comes up more. You see I'm a navy officer and I'm leaving for Alaska at Aug 12th and its not certain that I will have internet access there or even the time to visit the site...
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Then, as I said, contact an Admin and see if there is a way to prevent a deletion.

- Nag
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

Just to say is there anyone here who knows how the ranking system works? I've not been able to find such a post in the FAQ! If this is a bad place, please move/delete this and PM me an answer?
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Noble K: Ranking? As in the Custom Title? Check the Forum Rules (link in my signature) They are listed there, just before the Abbreviations.

- Nag