Search engines useless

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Greenie
Dark Rider

Search engines useless

Post by Greenie »

The search engine for druchii.net is useless i typed in "Ink washing an executioner" and i get painthing sorcerous and 1000 resaults of crap.

i but "ink washing" an the entire first page doesn't have anything about ink washing so i gave up. i ticked heaps of different options randomly again and again in frustration but i still got no where. just thought that i needed to complain but i didn't know where to post it.
Morfeusz
Noble

Post by Morfeusz »

In my opinion you should post it to "Druchii.net suggestions". Sadly, I agree - many a time haveI tried to find something, getting lots of results many of which had nothing to do with my query... The results were exaclty the same, no metter which option I had chosen.
Grogsnotpowwabomba
The Aspect of Murder
The Aspect of Murder

Post by Grogsnotpowwabomba »

I will raise this as an issue in the Administrator Forum, as I also cannot get it to work properly.
3 bots slain in Khaine's name.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

The search engine has been broken for some time, and Kitrik said he'll redo it when he gets the time.

Lord N
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

I've noticed this problem too. In fact looking at some other threads it seems that a lot of other people are having difficulty in pinning down old threads with the search, so it's not just me. It's an irritant, rather than a major problem though :)
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Shadowlance
Highborn

Post by Shadowlance »

I too have had many a problem with the search engine. Fortunatley enough I don't need to use it much. But it's almost as useless as the chat box, but that's an issue for another thread.
As a Druchii and Ogre Kingdoms player, I'd have to say that my favourite meal is well done Merwyrm. Although one must be careful with all those little bones.

Fairly innactive right now, dealing with some serious and extended illness.
Dr. jones
Cold One Knight

Post by Dr. jones »

When i post a new thread, and being fairl new. People complain about the fact this has been posted before and that i should do a search. I searched for MSU, and got bucket loads of shiz, not much at all. It defiently needs re-doing.
I am the club commander, I rule the club, when you see the word club, you'll see my face on it!
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Let's just hope that Kitrik sees this and has the time and knowledge to fix it. There is not much more we can do at the moment

Lord N
Ash010110
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ash010110 »

This post is an example of shameless necromancy (see RasputinII for definition).

The aim of this necromancy is to keep it fresh before Kitrik's eyes ;)

To add a bit of substance to the dead, I recommend that the first thing to tighten up be the author and forum category fields.

May peace be with you,
Ash
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Viper
Highborn

Post by Viper »

Wow, the last post for this was in July of 2003 and the search engine s still crap. It is absolutely frustrating trying to find a thread concerning a rules question. It is much easier to add a new topic and bear the complaining about the subject being broached before. Maybe this post will bring it to the administrator's attention yet again and keep hope alive that I and many others can one day do an effective search. Thank you.
Good, bad, I am the guy with the reapter bolt thrower.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

You post necromancy, I post this smiley: :badh:
Goodbye.
Viper
Highborn

Post by Viper »

I like the animation, but in this instance it is only partially apropriate. Just complaining about it is beating a dead horse, however, bringing it to administration's attention is not. This is because it has yet to be fixed. The post just serves as a reminder that the engine ist kaput.
Good, bad, I am the guy with the reapter bolt thrower.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Note also that I didn't lock it. I was making a JOKE.

Yeesh.

:badh:
Goodbye.
The dark prince
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by The dark prince »

Is the search function ever going to be fixed? It is just useless as is, you have to wade through 1000s of results before you can find the one your looking for, if your lucky...

TDP
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

If you know what's in the post you're loking for, you can do a search. It works for me.

- Nag