Warhammer & d20: articles for the monthly

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

What do you think about this idea?

Total votes: 0

Svart
Highborn

Warhammer & d20: articles for the monthly

Post by Svart »

I suggest including small articles in the Druchii.net monthly concerning Warhammer in RPG systems such as d20. Probably there're people here who play D&D or run D&D campaigns, probably somehow connected with Warhammer universe. And such information could prove valueble for them.
...Evil will never creep into an empty head...
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

I personally like the idea, but its best to see what the community thinks. If the community wants it, I'll include any articles you write in the monthly (note that you may NOT post any articles that are to be in the monthly on the forums)
Svart
Highborn

Post by Svart »

That's why I made a poll

Ok, no fanatics in monthly =)

I knew this, I think that proper content for the monthly would be more druchii-related stuff =)))
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Since I'm not very in on what you mean by Warhammer in other games/RPGs I really can't vote. Care to explain a bit further for someone who is totally lost in other games then Warhammer? :P

Loremaster Nagathi

PS. I hope no one votes for the last option.... DS.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

I love Warhammer and I also like D&D It would be great to read an article on that sort of thing. I could imagine a few minor edits for the Warhammer world if you wanted to play a Warhammer based D&D campaign (Elves are modified a bit, Gnomes are removed, Half-orcs modified to Lizardmen and so on, I suppose).
Goodbye.
Svart
Highborn

Post by Svart »

If people will accept this idea, then definetly the first article will be dedicated to general thoughts about Campaign in a Warhammer world and the druchii race.
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

Am I right to think that you're talking about D&D games, but in the warhammer world?
If so; there ís a warhammer RPG already. Or is it that different from D&D?
Svart
Highborn

Post by Svart »

I know about Warhammer RPG, I have the rules... but I (and not only I) find them rather... raw and unbalanced. The d20 system, upon which the D&D is based is much better.
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

An article on using the Warhammer fluff for it might be really interesting then. Go ahead I say.
And maybe that the Development Board can develop complete rules for that; or would we violate copyrights then?
Svart
Highborn

Post by Svart »

It's ok because it's not a commercial product or something, just a little stuff based on warhammer to use in your campaigns.
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

i would say no. i dont want rpg stuff in my monthly. the forum is about tabletop game called fantasy battles. so dont mix in another stuff. then you get articlles that will be meaningless for a large part of the readers. even if i love to roleplay i wouldnt be interested in the d20 system EVER
Svart
Highborn

Post by Svart »

That's why there's a poll. To hear vox populi. Of course, it would be a bad idea (and a waste of time) to create articles for just two or three readers.

But, please note that I didn't suggest devoting many pages of the monthly to RPG. One or two pages, not more by any means. You know, some people don't paint models themselves, others don't read fanfics...

If the monthly is about "tabletop gaming and only tabletop gaming" then there should be no fanfics and other fluffy articles.

I think the forum is about Warhammer in all its aspects. And the RPG may be one of those aspects.

Anyway, thank you for your opinion on the subject.
Rautha korhadril
Black Guard
Location: Wandering City 17 (Burnaby) with my crowbar (umbrella)

Post by Rautha korhadril »

I agree with Linda and the monthly should be devoted to the tabletop game, not special rules concerning Warhammer-DD hybrids. I'd much rather read of tactics and building effective army lists.

Off-topic, my friends and I have ran RPG games in the Warhammer world. We used the White Wolf system, which is easy to adapt and adjust to fit the world.
"Imagine what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
Vulcrist
Executioner

Post by Vulcrist »

I love d20, its obviously so much better than almost all of the other systems out there now (there are a few other ones that are good too). And I think that a d20 system for Warhammer fantasy is long overdue. I'm for it.

But, druchii.net monthly is about the tabletop game, agreeing with Linda (which I am loathe to do). Maybe we should have another way to get it out. At least a blurb about it in the monthly at first, then on to something else to get it out there.

Vulcrist Ebonskaith
Last edited by Vulcrist on Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Svart
Highborn

Post by Svart »

There's logic in these words, of course... Well, if everyone's against it then it may be another initiative or something like that... And yet I think that a small article wouldn't hurt.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

Isn't WFP a D20 system? And if there's going to be any D20 games mentioned, I'd appreciate it if any Stargate players out there would post articles about game mechanics and chronological background, by which I basically what time in the world of Stargate did it happen? The first series,etc?
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Vil-hatarn
Trainee Warrior

Post by Vil-hatarn »

It would be a good thing to do, I'm just not sure it should be put in the monthly. It could just be put in the regular forums and stickied.
Elves Rule!

Warlord, Warhammer, and Magic.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Note that one article about the D20 system for Druchii has been published some time ago. I can't remember what issue it was, but check some of the lastest ones.

- Nag
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

december issue.

Note that the only thing about D20 systems we are ever gonna publish must be about the druchii too. It's the Druchii.net Monthly after all
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

My vote goes for keeping the d20 Warhammer RPG out of the Monthly. In fact I would favor a suppliment issue, maybe every two or three months just on the RPG aspects of the Warhammer Fantasy World. Just keep them separate issues. The new Warhammer Fantasy RPG is coming out in another month or two (saw the ad in Dragon Magazine this month), but it does not appear to be a d20 system.
Death is light as a feather
Duty is heavy as a mountain
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Is thre another version coming out? great! :)
Lord karelon
Corsair

Post by Lord karelon »

This is the official publisher site, a division of Black Library.

http://www.blackindustries.com/
Death is light as a feather
Duty is heavy as a mountain
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

Stuff about the new RPG will just go in the normal M ;). It's just about warhammer and the druchii. also, a seperate issue would just be too much work.

But anything about the WHFRPG (or whatever) will be accepted for publish in the monthly - as long as it's good enough.

It's just the D20 system (or mainly all non-warhammer games) involoving druchii we are in a bit of doubt about.
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

Don't know, think it would work better as primarily a campaign setting rather than a big list of stats for various things in another setting. When it comes down to it, Druchii are elves and they use swords.
If anything it would be strongly biased toward a more thinking and ploting game than traditional D&D hack and slash. Not actually having character stats for important NPCs would be a nice way of suggesting to the DM, you can't kill these guys so don't have your players try.
Means its more relevant to more people, Druchii RPGers D20 or otherwise as well as those who just want more fluff for armies etc

LLD: Is not as if you really pay for the Monthly so you can hardly object in that way to a few additional pages in a free publication you may not read.
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me