An idea to prevent them darned spams to boast post counts.

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

BTW, I should apologise. Dark Alliance and Lord Thalack are both active, I just hadn't bumped into them. Sorry for any doubt caused.

Thanee's always been a bit off-and-on... I'll bet he just has a lot of IRL stuff. He's in University, I believe, and that's certainly time consuming.
Goodbye.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Just because you don't see many posts by the Admin/BG doesn't mean they are not active. Also, be aware that there are a number of hidden forums on druchii.net which take up part of our time too.
Icedruchii
Beastmaster

Post by Icedruchii »

that would be a giant time waster for the admin. but it is a good suggestion and maybe we should put out a warning to all users about docking points as a threat..........
all will bow down to the might of khaine
Smokey
Beastmaster

Post by Smokey »

The idea is not feasible as I see things. A far better idea IMO is then to remove the whole system, as has been suggested. I have seen it on lots of sites and of course it adds to the spam posts. That's human nature for you (not sure how the Druchii nature is in this aspect). I have seen people get more than 500 posts in a month, and I'm quite convinced that NO ONE can write 500 good posts in a month.

Good that some of you pointed out that short posts aren't necessarily the same as spam. I always write posts telegram-style (habit from writing patient charts).
Black hydra
The Warlord

Post by Black hydra »

I think that the post count thing is good and shouldn't be removed, just modified.

It allows, mostly people to see what people have been around awhile. It doesn't however, provide a good indicator of the people who are important to the site.

I think that anything over 400-500 posts would keep the same title. I think that there should be additional titles added when a mod sees you doing good work. There would be like another 5-6 titles after this level and the members would gain another level each time a mod sees them making a good post or just being a good, general contributer. And after this post count you would have your own custom title.

This way those who make spam posts and irritate other members would stay at a more lowly rank and it would be more obvious who are good contributers to the site.
There once was a High Elf named Bill
He went out and fought with all his will
Along came the hydra
and fried Bill with fire
And that was the end of poor Bill.
----
Try out the Warlord at http://www.druchii.net/tbf/Warlord_v1.00.zip
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

This is quite simple to me. Spam posts get deleted and thus they doesn't affect the post count. Postimg spam that gets deleted is totally useless, and after a while the spam posters will notice that.

Loremaster Nagathi
Zool
Black Guard

Post by Zool »

Ive yet to understand why there even is a post-counter in the first place. I cant comprehend any real practical use for it.

In the malevolent version people spam to up their post-count, whereas the benevolent version is ppl getting a silly personal kick out of seeing a multidigit number aside their name when posting - or an even more silly kick outta imagining other people in awe cuz of their post-count... :lol:

Overall it provides a completely useless digit people can refer to when building up a hierachy of elites and noobs - a digit that in no way displays true quality but instead quantity.

Why is it even there...?

- Zool
Nineswords
Highborn

Post by Nineswords »

Post counts and titles are meaningless. Why bother?
ProjectEgo wrote:Knights have Ld 8. Read more.
- Project Ego rules Druchii.net with an iron fist.
Poisonblade
Beastmaster

Post by Poisonblade »

I like the post counter and ranking system. The spam and repeat topics on this site can be a headache though, even with the hard working mods. I've made some posts on this in the past (some very bitter), but I'm not sure there will ever be a good solution. When a site becomes as popular as this, the quality of posts goes way down.

I really don't know what to suggest, I guess we just have to deal with it. Maybe make a few more mods or something, but they can only do so much.
Hate is my weapon.