Where have all the good posts gone???

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Zentaricai
Malekith's Best Friend

Where have all the good posts gone???

Post by Zentaricai »

Is it me or am I seeing less quality posts of late? Mostly from obscure posters asking whether Malekith is good or not??

Is the summertime slower?

Being at work all day, my pleasent distraction as deteriated significantly!
DON'T MONKEY WITH MY BUSINESS
Crazy dark elf man
Shade

Post by Crazy dark elf man »

AMEN!
hehe funny movie (click on rejected. wmv)

http://sinapse.arc2.ucla.edu/streaming/humor/
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

You are not the only one with that assumption, but personally I don't see much of a difference...
One thing I have been thinking of is that all the "good discussions" has now been taken over by the initiatives for them to write it as an article. There is not much of a discussion there, and it feels a bit boring.

Loremaster Nagathi
Crazy dark elf man
Shade

yeah but still some of them are really good and non-boring goodness.

Crazy dark elf man
Shade

what makes you so special and where did you get the pic under ur name.[/u]

Drakken
Manipulator of the Masses

Post by Drakken »

I wonder how much of it is actually summer? Overall, the average age here seems to be school-age (High or College), and with summers off, there either here more or barely at all. This means a lot of people we rarly ever here from are suddenly opening there mouth and spewing stuff, good or bad (of which there is both).

In my time, I've noticed the site goes through stretch likes this. A few good months, a few quiet months, a few iffy months, the around again...
We stand now on the precipice of something monumental and perhaps even capable of boggling the mind in its myriad potentials and possibilities. Try not to drool too much…
Crazy dark elf man
Shade

my do people even bother itll all work out in the morning
ZzzzzZZzzzzZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzz( yawn)

Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

craZy dark elf man wrote:yeah but still some of them are really good and non-boring goodness.

craZy dark elf man wrote:AMEN!

You're not really setting a good example...this is a reason why threads lose quality: spam. Aother one is asking and/or posting stupid things like a slave idea. When that happens, everybody starts to say that the subject has already been discussed about many times instead of reacting to the topic (you could say this is a form of spamming). Lastly, the declining use if 'proper' english. U, r, 4, 2...it comes in handy sometimes but "i realy wanna go 2 taht bcuz u sayd it r gonna b great'....That's just annoying to read.

And there will be no slaves in the book.
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Crazy dark elf man...you are really posting crap all over the place... stop that please...!!

I guess all subjects had been discussed already, so the ones being here for a long time don't bother anymore... and the new ones reopen them...since you are here for a while you find them dull....
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
Crazy dark elf man
Shade

sorry about the spamming but this topic is kind of a spamming one and i really dont revive old topic i only post in the most current ones.also dont boot me off because of saying things like this but i most of the time help lots of people and i really dont thing these fourums are that boring they also help me a whole ton so i dont mean to spam so if i kinda of post spammy things then some one stop me and its not like everyone is perfect dosent every body spam every once and a while and also if u people dont want me to spam then stop posting spamming threads and also some times u people are quite dumb so i have to spam to teach them some things ok im done and very tired fom typing and please dont kill me for posting this (sleepy) and im sorry for spaming as ive said about three times now good bye
P.S.some posts are starting to get boring:/

Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

So, CDEM, you're not paying attention to my post above?

Spam: your forum history isn't that interesting, so you're already dowgrading this topic.

Grammar: get someone else to your computer and ask if he/she can read what you typed here. There's a good chance that he/she will be busy for a few minutes just to read your post. Use punctuation and caps. This is hardly readable.

Last of all, you say you don't revive old topics. That's probably a reason why those interesting topics are being put into the dust. That's exactly what's happening to my example of the slave topic. A slave topic is being posted, people say it's already said in other topivs, the authors are too lazy to use the search function and another slave topic appears within the week. And you start complaining again.

Morale of the story: when enountering a problem, always start by yourself. So, CDEM, don't spam.
Ka'tala
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ka'tala »

One thing I've realized (in addition to some of the previously mentioned) is that lots of posts are just dialogues between two or three people by the formula "yes-no-I meant-oh i understand-good-i understand too etc." if you know what I mean... Conversations which could well be spoken via private messaging.

I'm not saying a thread is bad when few people post in it, but rather when the people could use PM.
Last edited by Ka'tala on Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy dark elf man
Shade

i see i cant win so im gonna shut up and sorry for ruining your life.
p.S.you know a little bad grammer wont kill you.
goodbye

Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Good making progress already... actually using punctuation... Great... keep up the good work...
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

Mänwe wrote:Good making progress already... actually using punctuation... Great... keep up the good work...

Yeah...I actually bothered to read his whole last post!
Falahk
Night Goblin

Post by Falahk »

Loremaster Nagathi wrote:You are not the only one with that assumption, but personally I don't see much of a difference...
One thing I have been thinking of is that all the "good discussions" has now been taken over by the initiatives for them to write it as an article. There is not much of a discussion there, and it feels a bit boring.
as LN say, now when the intiatives have grown a lot ther is less "good" topics, as most good get posted in the monthly as articels, but anyway I realy dont see mutch difernce now and then, exept ther are more ppl around now then it was when i joined this place.....atlest we are no longert arguing if dark riders are wort to buy, so some steps forward have been made
SWFBR- Swedish Warhammer Tournament Calendar, Ranking and Forum
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

I would say there are some very good topics out there, esp in the Tactics forum. Most of the gems there will also never make it to the Monthly, mind you, but if you hunt around, its all there. :) I think its all because I don't post much in the main forums anymore. ;) !lol!
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

May I point you towards Errds list in the AL forum. Easily one of the greatest regular DE lists ever created and very interesting. There are some very good topics out there - most of you just aren't adding to them. As I just said, Errids list is a really good thread. Go there and contribute.
Pleased to be back
Cerulaetas
Highborn
Location: Behind you liek omg so whitty lolz I r unique lol!!11!1one wtf!

Post by Cerulaetas »

I know what you're talking about Zentaricai (funny that he hasn't posted any replies though, makes you kind of wonder), but the thing is, posting topics like this won't help out with the overall situation. If there's a good topic to be posted, it will be posted whenever it is ready. Good topics cannot be rushed

Next thing is, if you constantly have good topics being posted, you become more expectant of having those become the normal quality of posts. As such a trend continues, you eventually come to the point where only a sublime topic makes any impression on you whatsoever, and the community as a whole ceases to be of any quality to you.
Moral of the story: Enjoy the good topics we do have, and realize that all the spam and so-called "worthless" topics are inevitabilities that make the gems so much more worth having. It's like finding a 4-leaf clover in a whole field of 3-leaf clovers, if you catch my drift.
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:So, you're saying that dwarf ironbreakers in HTH combat are heavy cavalry?
You're wierd...
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

In the past, good topics were everywhere, but I think we have gotten used to that quality of posts, and they are now considered average. With all the spam and trolling effectively removed by all the mods the quality of the board rose up, and now we are in on a streak of constant good posts with no extraordinary ones. That might be a reason to why people start thinking this place has lots the good posts, while the new members think this place is awesome.

- Nag
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Also, remember that a while ago, we were fewer and therefore there were less topics. The good ones were more noticed than the others so that may be also a factor. Another things is what Nagi said: Initiatives are given priority to all the "good" topics. Either, fluff or characters or army lists or tactics or even painting articles, they are more in Initiatives. however and also as Vorch said, there are still many good topics around :)

Anaryin
Lordfoulbane
Black Guard

Post by Lordfoulbane »

I've said it once and I'll say it again ... we need some sort of way to get turn by turn battle reports with graphics going on this board. I know there would be "issues" with GW but IMO it has to happen - also the scroll bar in the chat room makes me seasick, can we fix that too please?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

LordFoulBane wrote:we need some sort of way to get turn by turn battle reports with graphics going on this board.
Turn-by-turn battle reports? Well, get playing and posting. Graphics? What do you mean? Images can be posted in the album and links can be put in the battle report...

also the scroll bar in the chat room makes me seasick, can we fix that too please?
Kitrik wrote:Aight - I found a good web-based-java-IRC-applet that will work good for us. This will make the IRC junkies happy as they can idle in chat with mIRC or something similar and the not-so-junkie people can just use it like they currently do but it will be realtime!!!

I will implement this sooonnn.... I have a few other projects on the table right now for the site so this will have to wait a little bit.. but not too long...

Kitrik

- Nag