Where have all the good posts gone???

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Hitoni
Assassin

Post by Hitoni »

Loremaster Nagathi wrote:
LordFoulBane wrote:we need some sort of way to get turn by turn battle reports with graphics going on this board.
Turn-by-turn battle reports? Well, get playing and posting. Graphics? What do you mean? Images can be posted in the album and links can be put in the battle report...

also the scroll bar in the chat room makes me seasick, can we fix that too please?
Kitrik wrote:Aight - I found a good web-based-java-IRC-applet that will work good for us. This will make the IRC junkies happy as they can idle in chat with mIRC or something similar and the not-so-junkie people can just use it like they currently do but it will be realtime!!!

I will implement this sooonnn.... I have a few other projects on the table right now for the site so this will have to wait a little bit.. but not too long...

Kitrik

- Nag
When is it gona be done? It takes no time to fix it, and minus time to set up an IRC channel :P
Initiative comes to thems that wait
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

I believe you got in the wrong thread Hitoni :P
Hitoni
Assassin

Post by Hitoni »

Anaryin wrote:I believe you got in the wrong thread Hitoni :P
I believe you've just done the same, woops did it again
Initiative comes to thems that wait
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Naa, I've realised the problem. Three posts ago, before Nag replied, that post was somehow OOT. :) :oops: My bad, sorry.
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

I have to voice the opinion that for the real 'regulars' here, there is only so many Dark Elf things you can talk about - it is not an everlasting topic. There are only so many times you can advice a new poster to take Dark Riders before you can't be bothered anymore, only so many battle reports you can read before it gets dull and only so many discussions on Druchii politics you can have before you have heard every arguement a hundred times.

Add in the fact that many site projects and initiatives have sucked so many of our best posters away from the general boards and its no wonder the posts have got less interesting, especially with so many new members.

I advise simply coming here less often - then it will be all the more interesting when you do visit. You could also join a site initiative and help out the community with a group of like minded posters.
...And so it came to pass that the foul elf known as DEKHALAN CHILLWIND invaded our fair shores. This fiend began a campaign of killings, rapings, lootings, enslavings and burnings, sparing neither age nor sex...
Chronicle of Walter of Lyonesse
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Dekhalan wrote:Add in the fact that many site projects and initiatives have sucked so many of our best posters away from the general boards and its no wonder the posts have got less interesting, especially with so many new members.
Yeah, the initiative members need to be active on the public boards to enhance the quality for the people not in that initiative :roll:
However, it is hard to force someone: "You need to be more active on the regular boards". especially when most of us got a limited amount of time and thus prioritixe the initiative work.
Just a side-note...

- Nag
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

I was making an observation, Nagathi, not a criticism.
...And so it came to pass that the foul elf known as DEKHALAN CHILLWIND invaded our fair shores. This fiend began a campaign of killings, rapings, lootings, enslavings and burnings, sparing neither age nor sex...
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

And I explained the reasons to what you observed :D
I didn't critisize you or anyone, just explaining the situation.

- Nag
Lordfoulbane
Black Guard

Post by Lordfoulbane »

For graphics I was thinking the representative coloured rectangles and arrows depicting movement - very much based on the battlre reps in White Dwarf - obviously a few actual pics would be a great supplement. I've thought about it quite a bit and i reckon it could be worked so that its entirely virtual... it would take alot of setup though. Then we could setup invitation matches and do ooohh one turn a night perhaps so forum members could follow the game, make suggestions etc. For various reasons I could see GW objecting, but if we could wing it I think it would add a whole new dimension, and importance to this site.
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

Ah, I thought when you said 'its hard to force someone' thats what you thought I was doing, my apologies.