Druchii.net: the most uptight forum on the net

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Amen ...
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Chaos Theory wrote:i agree with farke, and i'll be a little more specific.

there have been numerous times where someone asks a question about say, a magic item or something, and someone answers it. this is turn stimulates someone else to respond with maybe another comment or suggestion about how to use it. then, the topic is locked because the original question was answered, and the thread is now off topic because it isn't rules anymore its tactics or something.

now, i understand your reasoning, but i don't see the harm in keeping the thread open. this is how good discussion happens is when the main topic is diverted from, the thread actually goes somewhere, maybe not in the direction intended but maybe in a better direction.
That is why I think the mods could move such topics to the correct forum instead of locking and asking the membs to create a new topic.

However, as always, if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to be here.

- Nag
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

:badh:

It's pretty obvious why I'm locking this, but I want to mention something very quickly: Druchii.net is NOT an official board, and it will never become one. It is a fan site by fans for fans, and it will remain that way.

Topics get boring because of n00b influxes, and newbies don't know what has or has not been discussed. This is not their fault, but it makes for boredom. I personally think that there are some other interesting topics coming along, and over the next month or two we're going to see some really interesting stuff. It comes in waves, and I've been here for long enough that I'm starting to recognise them.

Have a nice day!
Sneaky
Goodbye.
Daemonfae9
Trainee Warrior

Post by Daemonfae9 »

on a side note about copyright, directly quoting (part of) a rule from any GW book as part of an explanation about HOW it works does not comprise copyright infringement, nor does GW care most likely. Thing only get hairy when you start quoting large paragraphs of rules text and/or fluff.

So if I say, in a rules question post:

About your question involving units with more than one set of weapons/shields, on page 88 of the Rulebook it is stated that:
""At the start of the first turn of a combat, troops can choose which of their weapons to use. Whichever weapon they use must be used for the entire combat"

(emphasis mine)

So, if you pick swords and shields, you're stuck with them until the combat is over, for better or for worse.

Nobody is going to blow a fuse over at GW HQ and sue us all blind, rather, one of their players gets a satisfying answer and gains more enjoyment from their products.

Now, if you go and quote two, three or more paragraphs of rules, you are not only being dumb, because a page number would suffice, but they MIGHT get upset, yes. A bit of common sense goes a long way in issues of copyright.
Auric stormcloud
The Black Serpent

Post by Auric stormcloud »

Locked, as per Sneaky's post.
Poo-tee-weet?