Mozilla Firefox

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Morfeusz
Noble

Post by Morfeusz »

Nagathi wrote:As far as I can tell, the program "mozilla" is just a package of all their programs (where Firefox would be their browser).

Quite surprisingly, it isn't so. The browser in this package is simply called Mozilla and mailer - Mail. And they are not Firefox and Thunderbird.
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

Nagathi wrote:As far as I can tell, the program "mozilla" is just a package of all their programs (where Firefox would be their browser).

- Nag

It may be that there is where they are today. Last time I had Mozilla installed it was in integrated solution (web and mail from the same app) and I prefer to keep these separate (that's why I stopped using Opera). Also it used to use a different version of the browser (and was the development for Netscape). Firefox and Thunderbird were separate sub-projects breaking out the web and mail clients but also using new code.

Anyway, either way it's a great "product" and deserves all the support it can get. But as far as I'm concerned, anything that isn't Microshaft is a good thing.

Sha
Kitrik
Fearless Leader of the "Cult of Kitrik"

Post by Kitrik »

Aight - so I got sick of looking at it that way now that knew everyone else had the same problem... wasn't that hard - changed a few 100% to 150 and I was done...

:-)

Kitrik
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

By the way, I've noticed something today (again) and I decided to talk about it. We Mozzila user can't use the "quote selected" button, we have to do it [quote] .. [/quote ] This way
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

Sneaky wrote:I much prefer Firefox, but it annoys me that I don't get my PM and Reported Posts popups.

In the Options menu under Web Features, you are able to set which sites can open popups. Then you should be able to see the private message popup :)

And Mozilla Firefox is a lot better than Internet Explorer IMHO. I prefer the possibility of opening tabs in the same window. It's a lot easier then :D

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Yeah, but none of yous has this problem of the quote?
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Testing it, it would seem that the "Quote selected" doesn't work in firefox.

Shows how much I use that button, though ;). There is an extension to firefox that allows a phpBB menu in the right-click menu. It allows you to paste as quote, URL etc. I find it useful at times.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

The "Quote selected" button does not work in Mozilla 1.7.5 and Konqueror 3.2.2.