Protest

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

should we protest at the 20% increase in box set prices?

Total votes: 0

Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Protest

Post by Mr_piechee »

right.. just herd... the £15 box sets are going up to £18! i think we should all protest against this because they don't need to put them up and there profits are fine at the moment. if will all refuse to by box sets then they will soon put them down again....

but it'll only wrk if we all wrk together...
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

The prices have already increased from 225sek to 250sek in sweden though...
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Zakath the slaughterer
Master of Puppets

Post by Zakath the slaughterer »

Well, they propably have their reasons on increasing the cost, and maybe even a good one. But I've heard that the prices are not increasing - vice versa: GW has invested to some kind of new casting ... things and that the metallic figs are getting cheaper. Don't know then.

But then again... protest? Not gonna happen: I planned to protest because prices went up from 25€ to 27.5€ and since that I have bought just as much stuff than before..
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings/
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams/
Blinded by me, you cant see a thing/
Just call my name, `cause Ill hear you scream
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

any form of protest wont work. so any attempt is a waste of time.
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

which sucks ***, as quite a few people are short on cash, and the hobby is expensive as it is.

like me.
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

igor: do not curse!
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

The reason for the price raise was that the price of the materials used for making the miniatures (at least the metal ones) increased. Although it does suck, but what can we do?

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

i agree, this is the 3rd price rise in as many yrs. IIRC. However linda is right protesting will not do any good. it is simple they have to rise prices for them to open, new shops, buy new equipment, pay their staff and other stuff. i think the best thing to do is bite the bullet and buy things before the prices go up.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

well i don't care... i could barly aford them before.... i'm not buying £18 boxes...... i got my entire eldar army 2nd hand cause i couldn't aford it... i just got metal stuff paint removed it and redid it how i wanted...... and i got enoguh dark elves.... and my dad know some1 that can get them cheap (25% off).. so thats a wa round it....

but i mean they've gone up by £8 now since i started collecting......
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Malius
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malius »

Ahh happy days indeed when all regiment boxes cost 12 quid. but everybodies right, a protest wont do anything.
Archdukechocula wrote:In fact I think the problem is that there should be a better term for jerky WAAC people, such as Win Avoiding Normal Kindness, Especially Respect (A " WANKER " if you will).

now thats funny :P
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

If you want cheap stuff, buy it off ebay or something. GW will keep raising prices until profits fall from less people buying, and they will even them out for a while. Thats sort of how business works- raise price until lose income, lower price just a bit and wait a while, then repeat.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Tacklbry
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tacklbry »

We are the consumer. We have the ultimate power of not buying the item if we feel it is too highly priced. That is the only kind of protest you are ever going make work, and it is the only kind that you can do.

You always have the option of not buying GWs product.
I like dwarfs, their skin makes fine boots. :twisted:
Zentaricai
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zentaricai »

Hey,
How else do you expect them to re-coupe the costs related to lack of Ogre Kingdom sales??? Blhaaa..Horrid Marketing decision. I would have been more interested in Gnome Kingdoms!

bye the way, www.reapermini.com has beautiful proxy models--some far superior to GW. Buy them instead!!
DON'T MONKEY WITH MY BUSINESS
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

thats waht i said and what i'm going to do.... i hardly buy anything from them, its all from other shops/places, or second hand.... metal models can be bought second had and then paint removed.... we hav lots of paint remover....

any way.... it should go that they try to get the most profit from ther products, so there will b a balance between supply and demand. at this point we get the best profit.... and i think they past it ages ago.... i don't know for sure... but when boxes were £10 and then £12 loads of people played and bought stuff regularly... they when boxes went up to £15 loads of my friends stoped buying, carryed on playing for a while.... then stoped that to.... it just got 2 expensive......

i bought some man flayers last week... and they were 25% off from a small 2 man shop.... other thatn that the only stuff i hav bought in the last yr (12 months not the past few weeks) i hav bought a hydra and a box of warriors.... everything else i hav is old style cause i don't hav the money...
Mormacili
Beastmaster

Post by Mormacili »

Lordsaradain said:
The prices have already increased from 225sek to 250sek in sweden though...

oh poor you, the prices are the same in Norway, but your sek is worth about 80% of our nok. And the price in most shops lies at 270 nok.

Time for some border shopping again I suppose.
And also in my opinion Chartage should be razed

I once lost with a 6000 points cult of pleasure army against a 3000 point army of Sylvania.
Kencaid
Beastmaster

Post by Kencaid »

well, here in canada, i've heard of so such price change, but, the bottom line is: DONT MANUFACTURE PRODUCTS IN THE UK!!!

I like the uk, and b/c of my father, who is english, i can get a citizenship ne time i want, which i will one day, but in the meantime the prob is the british pound exchange rate being so high in comparison to everyone else, and the fact the uk average living expenses is also higher, creates a major issue in price.

personally i dont care for the price, if thats wat it costs, than fine, i will pay, its worth it in my opinion, but, the solution to create a lower everyday price, would be to build the models in another country
To LazzZZy
Mormacili
Beastmaster

Post by Mormacili »

I doubt making the models in another country would help. Making products in china is only cheaper because you pay the workers less and most of GW's production is made by machines (I think). They did move the production of books form the UK to China recently and that did not make the prices lower.

I once lost with a 6000 points cult of pleasure army against a 3000 point army of Sylvania.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

They did move the production of books form the UK to China recently and that did not make the prices lower.

Perhaps they already incoorporated the price raise by not making it more expensive?
Narathiel
Rudolph's Heir

Post by Narathiel »

I am sure they have their reasons but from 1.5/6 per warrior to 1.7€ is a huge increase. Think about it 100 regiment Boxes:
Now:2500€
Then: 2750€
Thats 250E more cash for them, they were already expensive enough.

On the other hand what can we do about it?
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Those who are against the prices should not play the game. That's my philosophy. Do you guys really think they raise their prices just to make a bigger profit? You need to take another course in economics to get your mind straight.

- Nag
Amarel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Amarel »

It's up to you where you spend your disposable income - If I can't afford to buy stuff anymore I won't buy it simple as that. You should do the same.

Amarel.
Still Serving Slaanesh
Owner of one too many armies...
Jaycee
Assassin

Post by Jaycee »

i remember when a army deal cost 1250 dkr (danish money)
Now it costs 1750 (£1 = 12 dkr)

Even though i havnt heard about the prise increase I wouldnt be surprised if it actually happens. It sucks and I realy cant see the idea behind it since people will stop buying GW products. GW needs a new marketingdude (dont know what its called, the guy that take care of prices and shiz )
Mormacili
Beastmaster

Post by Mormacili »

Do you guys really think they raise their prices just to make a bigger profit? You need to take another course in economics to get your mind straight.

Really, it seems to me like GW are making those price raises a bit to often and that they are a bit to big compared to most other thing, but I am no expert upon this matter (maybe I should take another economic course in my next school semester)

But then again you live in cheap Sweden why should you complain.

Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Sweden ain't cheap. And the prices of GW products are equal here as everywhere else.

- Nag
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Price raises a bit too often? The last year has seen a series of prices changes, yeah, but look at it as one price change rather than anythign else. Blame their economic analysts for the multiple changes rather than anythign else. If you look at the history, this is the first time in about 8? years that the prices have changed. We shoudl be glad its not more often. I don't know abotu where you are in the world, but here, gasoline changes price by at LEAST 10% in a week, and sometimes you see changes of 33%.

For those of you in the UK, you shoudl realise that you get GW products comparably cheaper than anywhere else in the world (as compared to the prices of other products). In fact, you're still paying comparatively half what the rest of the world seems to be paying. Its not all about the exchange rate you know...
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?